Any light source consumables?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Toolbox.9375

Toolbox.9375

When I’m using Engineer, I LOVE the fact that just about any attack I do will briefly illuminate the area. Grenades, gunshots, bombs, flame jets, mortar shots… I’m a light-slinging maniac. But when I move over to Elementalist, everything is dark and horrible and scary. Is there any sort of consumable item that I can stock up on to be able to light the place up and not be at the mercy of my not-actually-existent nyctophobia?

The class is always greener on the other side.

Posted by: Zalladi.4652

Zalladi.4652

The only consumable you can find in the world that will light up your surroundings is the Effigy Fragment (and a Krytan Torch if you were active during Season 1). However, this is a consumable weapon bundle and will replace your current weapon skills.

I don’t believe there is a consumable that will add lightning effects to your existing skills. Although, some Legendary weapons add some lighting effects around the weapon, but not to the skills themselves, such as Meteorlogicus.

Posted by: roachsrealm.9284

roachsrealm.9284

hall of monuments firey dragon sword
volcanus
cobalt
any sword or greatsword with a firey effect
any torch offhand while it’s not stowed.

for elementalist, your options here suck. use your sword elite skill and use that.

Smitten Mittens (The Gothic Embrace [Goth], Fort Aspenwood)

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

As far as I know, all the light sources are documented on the wiki:

This includes two back items, the only way I know for engineers to retain their weapon skills while illuminating the area around them. Can also try flamethrower, which will offer some lighting when you use its skills.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

If you are open to backpacks:

Mad Memoires: Complete Edition

Fires of Balthazar

The Fiery Greatsword Elite should also work wonders if you really want a skill to do the job.

full list

(edited by Sariel V.7024)