Ascended Ring Overload

Ascended Ring Overload

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: crOwdcOntrOller.7213

crOwdcOntrOller.7213

Does anybody else have a bank full of ascended rings from fractals? What should I do with them??

I need something to do with all of them. I know they sell for 5 silver but that seems a little silly. I would suggest they make it so they can be salvaged or at least give out other ascended items besides rings.

Ascended Ring Overload

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

its a shame you cant sell them, i need more than a few but i dont do fractals

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Ascended Ring Overload

crOwdcOntrOller.7213

you should fractals are so much fun!

Ascended Ring Overload

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

It’s crucial to realize that you have so many because they drop very, very easily and because of that, despite the nifty pink color they just aren’t worth that much. Their vendor price tells you exactly how much they’re actually worth in terms of effort: nearly nothing.

No other slot is going to become as trivial to fill with ascended gear, so just put that out of your mind right now.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Ascended Ring Overload

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

you should fractals are so much fun!

true i suppose, but i dont know anybody who does them. if anybody wants to teach a fractal noob come grab me, i know a few of them but not many and would love to do them.

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

(edited by Dante.1763)

Ascended Ring Overload

crOwdcOntrOller.7213

It’s crucial to realize that you have so many because they drop very, very easily and because of that, despite the nifty pink color they just aren’t worth that much. Their vendor price tells you exactly how much they’re actually worth in terms of effort: nearly nothing.

No other slot is going to become as trivial to fill with ascended gear, so just put that out of your mind right now.

but don’t you think they should be able to be salvaged? even if you could get ectoplasm that would put them on the same status as rare drops. it would make it more worth the effort

Ascended Ring Overload

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

That actually a lot more reasonable/supportable exchange than many I’ve seen proposed.

You still run into two problems when pitching it to the Devs: An ectoplasm is worth a lot more than the 5 silver we know they’re comfortable with (not a deal-killer, just an acknowledgement of scale) and currently no ascended items are salvageable which cuts down a lot on support ticket hassles form accidentally destroyed terminal/BiS gear. Opening up ANY ascended items to salvaging is one of those floodgate/slippery slope decisions they may want to just avoid entirely. It’ll cost them real man-hours on the back end.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Ascended Ring Overload

Posted by: voidwater.2064

voidwater.2064

One suggestion would be to add a 4-ring or 3-ring+item mystic forge recipe that does something useful

For example, you could have a 4-ring recipe that generates a token, and another recipe with N tokens + exotic item that yields an ascended item of the same type and stats.

(edited by voidwater.2064)

Ascended Ring Overload

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

Really? I’m still trying to save up enough laurels for my first one… I can’t do fractals, no one likes fractal virgins or my ranger in instances (my only character I love enough to play for more than a week). I don’t want a warrior.

Unless things change, its possible to get rings even by doing the 10-19 bracket.

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

Ascended Ring Overload

Posted by: HHR LostProphet.4801

HHR LostProphet.4801

That actually a lot more reasonable/supportable exchange than many I’ve seen proposed.

You still run into two problems when pitching it to the Devs: An ectoplasm is worth a lot more than the 5 silver we know they’re comfortable with (not a deal-killer, just an acknowledgement of scale).

That’s hardly an argument keeping in mind that you wont get nearly as much ascended rings per day as you can get rare items, even if ascended rings would drop guaranteed ectoplasms when salvaged.
At last, ectoplasms are also just worth 2s56c if you want to sell them to normal vendors.

(edited by HHR LostProphet.4801)

Ascended Ring Overload

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

You still run into two problems when pitching it to the Devs: An ectoplasm is worth a lot more than the 5 silver we know they’re comfortable with (not a deal-killer, just an acknowledgement of scale) and currently no ascended items are salvageable which cuts down a lot on support ticket hassles form accidentally destroyed terminal/BiS gear. Opening up ANY ascended items to salvaging is one of those floodgate/slippery slope decisions they may want to just avoid entirely. It’ll cost them real man-hours on the back end.

Throw any 4 of the same category of ascended item (4 ring (infused or not doesnt matter), 4 hammers, 4 shields, 4 helmets, you get the idea), you get a random box containing that ascended item with random stats.
This would allow players who frequently do fractals to eventually make use of the ascended items they drop.

Ascended Ring Overload

Posted by: Farming Flats.5370

Farming Flats.5370

I don’t want to ‘’ throw ’’ rings for a random one .. i want to trade them .. lets say trading 4 crappy rings for a ring of death or crystalline band … i want to choose the ring.

Using 4 PVT ring and getting another PVT ring as random is just another kick in the face.
We have enough kitten RNG in this game.

(edited by Farming Flats.5370)

Ascended Ring Overload

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

I don’t want to ‘’ throw ’’ rings for a random one .. i want to trade them .. lets say trading 4 crappy rings for a ring of death or crystalline band … i want to choose the ring.

Using 4 PVT ring and getting another PVT ring as random is just another kick in the face.
We have enough kitten RNG in this game.

Then continue to run fractals for Pristine Relics and directly buy the ring.

Ascended Ring Overload

Posted by: apriores.4926

apriores.4926

… and currently no ascended items are salvageable which cuts down a lot on support ticket hassles form accidentally destroyed terminal/BiS gear. Opening up ANY ascended items to salvaging is one of those floodgate/slippery slope decisions they may want to just avoid entirely. It’ll cost them real man-hours on the back end.

That could simply be resolved by restricting salvaging ascended gear only by Black Lion Salvage Kit. When you use it, you know what you’re doing, right?

Ascended Ring Overload

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

Can’t (or couldn’t) you salvage legendaries ?

And besides, there’s already a warning box when you try to salvage a rare.
Then again, you also have warning boxes and buying exotics from dungeon vendors or anything from laurel vendors. And people still make mistakes and file support tickets.

Ascended Ring Overload

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

I accidentally sold a rare today… accidents can happen. Luckily I was able to quickly buy the rare back.

all they need to do is add a type warnng, not click, but typing. even if it’s simply “ascended” (because transmuting could change it’s name. )
Not so easy to accidentally sell or salvage something if you have to type it.

Ascended Ring Overload

Posted by: Maugrem.7608

Maugrem.7608

I think they should setup an exchange system whereby the rings can be currency to trade for trinkets or amulets.

Maugrem Moorgraves Ex-Nimue Nightshade (DAoC- Roisin Dubh)
An Epic 80 in every flavor (Five Thousand Finishers)

Ascended Ring Overload

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Does anybody else have a bank full of ascended rings from fractals? What should I do with them??

I need something to do with all of them. I know they sell for 5 silver but that seems a little silly. I would suggest they make it so they can be salvaged or at least give out other ascended items besides rings.

Infuse them maybe? Give them to alts. Keep them for different builds.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Ascended Ring Overload

crOwdcOntrOller.7213

Or maybe they could mix in other ascended accessories and amulets too. I know they aren’t going to do anything about it but it would make fractals more rewarding

Ascended Ring Overload

Posted by: Pure Heart.1456

Pure Heart.1456

If you want to have several different builds and gear associated with those builds, available to you, and/or you have multiple characters then having a wide variety of ascended stuff is extremely useful.

I feel that this is particularly true for avid WvW players.

Ascended Ring Overload

Posted by: Esmee.1067

Esmee.1067

I’d just sell them. I doubt they’ll ever get any additional uses, like many people mentioned, they’re not worth much more than their merch value considering how easy it is to get them and Pristine Relics are already in place so you can get your rings withour RNG (luckily, it’s been 124 rings before I got my very first Berserker Ring with luck.) At the most keep 1 or 2 of each in case you want to gear up alts/try a new builds. (Or just keep your Pristine Relics for that reason if you’re short on storage space.)

Ascended Ring Overload

Posted by: Scoundrel.2139

Scoundrel.2139

Check them all for the old Magic Find rings. You can double click those to select stats. I have a full tab of old MF rings I’m keeping in case I decide to play with my build.

Veni, Vidi, Victa.
Quidquid Latine Dictum Sit, Altum Videtur

Ascended Ring Overload

crOwdcOntrOller.7213

Aside from the rings…. I recently got a Pile of Regurgitated Armor from the three-headed wurm. These ugly pieces don’t have the stats I need for my toons. Would be nice if I could sell it because it is a rare drop. Kinda leaves a sour taste in your mouth when you get an ascended drop that is basically worthless.

Ascended Ring Overload

Posted by: Natsu Dragneel.1625

Natsu Dragneel.1625

I got tired of using an alt as a mule so I vender’d the extra 100 that I had