Bank items after deleting all characters?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Toolbox.9375

Toolbox.9375

What happens to items/money in your bank if you delete all of your characters to change worlds? Do they stick around for the newly created characters, or do they disappear so that you’re starting from scratch?

The class is always greener on the other side.

Posted by: BioFringe.7945

BioFringe.7945

They stick around. Here’s another players experience…

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/players/If-I-delete-every-character/first

This sentence is false.

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

Delete characters to change worlds?? You can transfer existing ones, no need to start from scratch. (I have played games where moving to a different server meant starting over, but that’s thankfully not the case here)

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

Posted by: Labyrinth.7201

Labyrinth.7201

Delete characters to change worlds?? You can transfer existing ones, no need to start from scratch. (I have played games where moving to a different server meant starting over, but that’s thankfully not the case here)

You are 100% correct. You can xfer your characters. At a price. 500 gems for low population servers, 1000 gems for med pop, and 1800 for high pop.

Or you can delete all your characters and do it for free.

Venom Skylift – Human Guardian
Crystal Desert
Tonic[Lime]

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

You can transfer free if you have no characters? I did not know this! o.O
I’d also forgotten the started charging for the transfer at all haha.

I suppose depending on how you look at it it might be worth it to delete and start over to avoid the fee.

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

Posted by: Noppy.1348

Noppy.1348

You can move for free when you don’t have chars? And your bank storage will be kept save for you?
Nice to know, specially if you are not that deep into the game yet and can easily delete and start fresh on a server that you like more.

Good info here!