Best way to get Dragonite Ore?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Carpboy.7145

Carpboy.7145

Q:

Im working on getting ascended armor for my thief, and looking on the wiki page i need a lot more Dragonite and other mats then i initially thought. Bloodstone and empyrael fragments are no problem, but as a primarily WvW player i have almost no Dragonite. So what would be some of the best ways to farm this?

The Use of the Word ‘Cheese’
Lyss The Shadow
Legendary Champion of DB [EDGE]

Posted by: Slither Shade.4782

Slither Shade.4782

/wiki dragonite ore

looks like you want to do world bosses

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

If you’re a primarily WvW player, your best way to get Dragonite Ore is by joining the train in EotM. They will usually hit a Keep or two every 30 mins to an hour, which gives upwards of 25 Dragonite Ore each time. (Make sure you get credit for killing the Keep Lord, which is where the Ore comes from.)

Posted by: Pokecenter.3548

Pokecenter.3548

Other than EotM you have world bosses, some give a higher amount than others, and it isn’t necessarily constant. I believe that the timer for world bosses at dulfy’s site mentions the possible amount of dragonites per each boss.

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

The best dragonite source – Temples in Orr. You get 30 dragonite from each, so it stacks pretty fast. The only downside is that they are not on the official schedule, so you will have to randomly go to Orr to see if any are up.

Posted by: Halcyon.7352

Halcyon.7352

The best dragonite source – Temples in Orr. You get 30 dragonite from each, so it stacks pretty fast. The only downside is that they are not on the official schedule, so you will have to randomly go to Orr to see if any are up.

Used to be incredibly easy to alt hop and guest to get dragonite via this method. Still works, but you’re in for a whole lot of random chance on which copy of the map you get into, and lots of waiting now.

You could instead do it with high dragonite reward scheduled bosses, like Claw of Jormag (iirc anyway). Take note of which bosses give high dragonite totals and do it on alts.

Tarnished Coast Engineer and… general alt-o-holic.

For the toast!

Posted by: KehxD.6847

KehxD.6847

daily Great Jungle worm and Tequatl nuff said. Obviously you need to go into a dedicated guild for that, but it gives you a loooooooot of dragonite ore.
I do those daily and I get about the same amount of dragonite ore as bloodstone dust.

I guess guildwars2 community is still accepting members, but I don’t know, so if you wanna do that, you need to look for yourself. TxS just closed recruitment a few days ago, so that won’t be an option (sorry xD)

Other worldbosses also give a nice amount of dragonite ore, but noting compared to worm and tequatl.
Good luck on your hunt! ^^

Founder and former leader of TxS Community! For more information, please look here =)
http://www.reddit.com/r/txs