Can you dye underwater masks?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Cyborg Rox.7450

Cyborg Rox.7450

Q:

Title. I got a sweet helmet-like breathing mask for my Warrior, but the normal gray colour really doesn’t fit my dark blue + red theme.

Posted by: Subutex.2416

Subutex.2416

A:

Nope, it’s undyable.

Cyborg Rox.7450

Nope, it’s undyable.

:/

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

/shrug.

You’ll almost never see it. It’s not very visible to you when underwater and no one else will ever swim over to you to look.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: BattleCat.2098

BattleCat.2098

/shrug.

You’ll almost never see it. It’s not very visible to you when underwater and no one else will ever swim over to you to look.

Actually, some of us enjoy spending a lot of time underwater, and some of us really love to take awesome screenshots. So yes, the masks are very much visible for some of us. I do see your point, though. Making them dyable might simply be too much work, and most players won’t care about the result. I guess that’s why you can breathe underwater before you even get a breathing mask. Adding an air-meter would simply be too much work.

Of course, what they could do is make masks of different default colors and shapes. There are already variations, so why are all gray? (all I’ve found, anyway.)

Cyborg Rox.7450

/shrug.

I don’t have a mask though. I have a helmet covering almost my entire head.

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

The funny thing is that underwater breathing masks actually do have working dye channels. There was a bug some time ago that would allow you to view (and dye) underwater masks via your normal headgear dye option. It wouldn’t stick or anything, once you accepted, but you could actually preview the underwater headgear with different dyes.

So I really have no reason why we can’t dye them. But whatever.