I already have white dye,
but it looks brighter than “white dye”.
About 10G is very tempting.
Anyone can give me some suggestions ?

Celestial vs White ?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Yramrag.3026

Yramrag.3026

10G is easy to get (couple of dungeon runs and farming).

Celestial Dye is rare. I say keep it and use it. Yes, it is somewhat “brighter” than “White”, with a hint of glowing I think. “White” is more like “beige” to me.

Celestial vs White ?

Posted by: kurtosis.9526

kurtosis.9526

Second that. You can get 10g in 2-3 hours of farming CoF (with zero magic find gear even).

Of course, that means you can buy it easily on the TP too with 2-3 hours farming.

Iirc, you can right-click preview dyes, so give it a try and see how it compares to White.

Celestial vs White ?

Posted by: MarkusParkus.8467

MarkusParkus.8467

CoF is boring sell it, I’m using Icing dye for white.. Cuz I’m cheap.

Furious Scumbag, Raging Scumbag & Geologist Greywind
[NOX] & [Coma] – Gunnar’s Hold.

Celestial vs White ?

Posted by: rizzo.1079

rizzo.1079

I got a Frost dye that I’m using for white, celestial is whiter than white though.

Celestial vs White ?

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

For someone that doesn’t like to do dungeons and finds gold rather difficult to come by, I kept mine. At least for cloth wearers.

Celestial vs White ?

Posted by: roachsrealm.9284

roachsrealm.9284

I’m using Fog for my white, because I am also cheap. I also got lucky with a Black drop a while back (my dye luck is crazy).

Check out the following link for color-code accurate representations of all the colors in the game.

http://www.dragonsworn.net/dyes/

The main difference between Celestial and White is the material. Celestial is Metallic. White is Leather. This will affect how it reflects light off different materials.

Hope this helps!

Smitten Mittens (The Gothic Embrace [Goth], Fort Aspenwood)

Celestial vs White ?

Posted by: Mike.1845

Mike.1845

Thanks guys.
I used to do CoF(p1.2) less than 5 times a week.
I just don’t like farming.

I decide to use it.
Because it looks great on my ele.

Celestial vs White ?

Posted by: chrisbrooks.5837

chrisbrooks.5837

I found a regular old unidentified dye on my level 35 mesmer. The price has skyrocketed up to 24g due to new armor sets that it looks epic on. I make gold playing the game the way I do so I decided to keep it because it looks awesome on my mesmer now and when I hit 80 it will look way better with the gear I will have. But I went a step further and bout the Midnight Fire dye for 4g and use the combo of celestial/midnight fire dye’s. I would rather have 28g worth of dye on my toon than getting gold quickly. It gives me more time to play and earn gold the good old fashioned way. So if you have it, I recommend you keep it if you want to look kitten running around in 24g dye. Pimpin. However if you need the gold or don’t value how your character looks then sell it. It’s worth more now than it ever will be

Celestial vs White ?

Posted by: Wolfgang Hype.8970

Wolfgang Hype.8970

Is there a reason you necro’d a 3 month old thread?

Tarnished Coast – Association of Classy Tyrians [ACT]
Shyamal- Asuran Necromancer | Varg Houtman- Norn Ranger
Nemo Randolf- Human Guardian

Celestial vs White ?

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Is there a reason you necro’d a 3 month old thread?

Better than starting the nth exact same topic.

All the duplicate threads make it rather difficult to search the forums and find information.

Ideally, one single topic per subject would exist, and suffice.

Celestial vs White ?

Posted by: Saelune.5316

Saelune.5316

If you have white but not celestial, I say use it, but I collect dyes. I got a celestial, and sold it (prematurely it seems) and bought white since I liked the white better. Same for Abyss and black. Abyss was too void black, instead of a realistic cloth black.