Champion Farming Question

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Delvianna.8205

Delvianna.8205

Anyone know a good API overlay or website that shows Event timers? I’m not talking about just the world bosses, but champions that pop up in each map section (IE: Queensdale etc). Everything I’ve found is over a year old and no longer works. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

(edited by Delvianna.8205)

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

There is only one Champion left in Queensdale.

AFAIK, the API in no way indicates when Champions spawn and the are NOT on a timer like the World Boss events, so that leaves player updated website as a possibility for input data for some utility like this.

Exactly who is going to miss killing the Champ by taking the time to update a website that they are UP? (and will be dead by the time the website is refreshed). Also, since MegaServer has removed dedicated Server zones, this would have to be tracked by IP address (takes additional time to ID, much less get to in game). Doubtful as to what you are asking for is even possible in a remotely useful state.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

I think there are actually no champs left there now, not counting SB and his adds.

Posted by: Delvianna.8205

Delvianna.8205

AFAIK, the API in no way indicates when Champions spawn and the are NOT on a timer like the World Boss events, so that leaves player updated website as a possibility for input data for some utility like this.

Exactly who is going to miss killing the Champ by taking the time to update a website that they are UP? (and will be dead by the time the website is refreshed). Also, since MegaServer has removed dedicated Server zones, this would have to be tracked by IP address (takes additional time to ID, much less get to in game). Doubtful as to what you are asking for is even possible in a remotely useful state.

Actually, I saw an overlay that someone did that pulls all the data to a separate window where you can see all events that pop across the world map instead of having to be in the vicinity to see it on your map.

I’m looking for something like that, sadly that add on no longer works because the last update for it was over a year ago … I was just hoping someone knew something that was more recent and still works.

(edited by Delvianna.8205)

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

The wiki’s World Boss Timer shows the currently active world bosses and a countdown for who is up next (plus: chat link codes to the nearest WP). The Personal Assistant Overlay is a tool that many players seem to like.

The reason a lot of sites stopped working a year ago is that ANet replaced world-specific maps with the so-called “megaserver” and so it’s no longer practical for a single website to determine which events are going on in the instance you happen to be in. (Except for world bosses, which run at the same times every day and thus are present on all maps simultaneously.)

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Lazuli.2098

Lazuli.2098

Go to Frostgorge Sound or Orr and look for the commander chevron(s). Or ask what Champ is up in map chat.

Posted by: Elden Arnaas.4870

Elden Arnaas.4870

As far as I know, megaserver broke all the event timers. World Bosses are on a schedule and are (once again, as far as I know) the only event type that can be predicted.

Posted by: Kasima.8143

Kasima.8143

You could also farm the Silverwastes. The Labyrinth gives a nice amount of champ bags. However, I don’t know how it compares to the FGS and Orr trains. Personally, I find that SW is super fun, especially with the OP scorp suits! So that would be my farming location of choice if I was doing it for the loot.

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

In my personal opinion, I get more champ bags from Silverwastes than I ever got from actual champions.

If this is not about loot but about monthly champion slayer or some such: still go to The Silverwastes. Find a populated map through the LFG tool (look for “sw taxi” entries and similar). In fort defense events, with enough people present, there is always upscaled champions around, there is the 5 bosses, and after the bosses another handful of champions spawn around the map that you can tag/kill – all before heading into the labyrinth for a few minutes and getting even more champ bags.