Charr, or Norn warrior?

Charr, or Norn warrior?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Gusinator.5479

Gusinator.5479

So I have a level 57 human guardian. He’s fun and all, but I want to play as a warrior (more build variety, better range etc) and I was wondering, which race?

I chose human mainly just for the awesome T3 armor, but I think the human T3 armor is more suited to guardians.

I think the charr and norn are more “warrior like”… I heard bad thing about the charr with tail clipping though…

And norns look pretty cool as well. So I was wondering which one to pick? I dont care about elites btw.

Thanks for reading!

FRIEND OF THE GRUMMLES! Whats your luckydo?

(edited by Gusinator.5479)

Charr, or Norn warrior?

Posted by: GuildWarsPlayer.5608

GuildWarsPlayer.5608

Norn. In my opinion the heavy armor looks best on Norns.

Charr, or Norn warrior?

Posted by: Leviathan.7459

Leviathan.7459

Well, Charrs are born warriors. They live for war. So if you want to go a more lore correct path, a Charr is perfect. But don’t count Norns out. Norns or big, mean, big, and nasty. Did I mention big? Anyway, Norns are good for Warrior because in PvP/WvW they are intimidating. So whichever race you choose, you can’t go wrong.

Charr, or Norn warrior?

Posted by: Groshonee.3786

Groshonee.3786

Norn! Be a big, BA superviking who in lore have taken out entire Charr warbands single handed. Charr tend to have a lot of issues with weapon / armour clipping and good luck finding a helmet for them that doesn’t look seriously goofy.

Charr, or Norn warrior?

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

If you have an open character slot make one of either race, go to the cultural armor NPC and preview. Then decide.

Charr, or Norn warrior?

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Norn. Better looking in armor, no doubt.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Charr, or Norn warrior?

Posted by: Contiguous.1345

Contiguous.1345

Norn. Better armour, more impressive build.
Plus a completely OP racial.

Besides. the Char running animation is painfully comical.

Charr, or Norn warrior?

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Don’t ask me, I play an Asura warrior and a Charr elementalist. I find it a ton more fun this way around.

Charr, or Norn warrior?

Posted by: Kjeldoran.3849

Kjeldoran.3849

It depends… if you want a female warrior go for norn but if you want a male warrior… then charr ftw!

Charr, or Norn warrior?

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

Check these:

http://argos-soft.net/GW2ArmorGallery/index.php?sex=0&weight=3&color=10&race=3
http://argos-soft.net/GW2ArmorGallery/index.php?sex=0&weight=3&color=10&race=1

(if the links don’t work, it’s the armor galleries for heavy armor on charr and norn).

The difference between one and the other is just cosmetic, see which armor you like better and go with it, IMHO. Also create a charr and play around with it a little bit, for some people the running on all 4’s thing is a big put off, others (like me) actually like it.

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

Charr, or Norn warrior?

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

I have to say my son has an Asura Warrior and he’s just a riot to watch in battle….

I have a female Norn Warrior and am very pleased with her (just hit LVL 80).

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Charr, or Norn warrior?

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

I have to say my son has an Asura Warrior and he’s just a riot to watch in battle….

I have a female Norn Warrior and am very pleased with her (just hit LVL 80).

I made an asura warrior just because I love the animations of the little guy swinging the huge sword, and the little details like that tumble they make when jumping or stopping after running..

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

Charr, or Norn warrior?

Posted by: Chadramar.8156

Chadramar.8156

I’d say charr, especially when making a woman, because they don’t have to deal with gendered armor (others might disagree on this being a huge plus for charr) and are awesome overall. Norn have a good theme/lore, too, though, but visually they don’t have as many options for a really unique look. Both are big and bulky which will lead to lots of camera problems in tight spaces, so expect an extra layer of “fun” when trying to navigate or do jumping puzzles in those. It’s motion sickness bait if you are prone to that sort of thing.

The biggest drawback of playing a charr? Armor. Almost all the gear in this game is designed exclusively for humans. It’s really hard and rare to find something “thematic” for anyone else, and the charr also have the added problem of being the only ones who do not share the basic human-like body. Expect a LOT of stretched textures, clipping (hardly any armors do not tail-clip) and shoulder armor floating noticeably above your body.

If you can find a suit of armor that you think looks great and actually fits, and don’t mind the weird four-legged run, I definitely recommend charr. Blood Legion, of course!

(And if you pick norn, I recommend going for the “passed out at the last moot” biography option in character creation. That one’s hilarious.)

(edited by Chadramar.8156)

Charr, or Norn warrior?

Posted by: knives.6345

knives.6345

Norn…. I personally don’t like Charr.

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Charr, or Norn warrior?

Posted by: Rainbow Sprint.3215

Rainbow Sprint.3215

Norn, they’re not dirty charr. How could you lose?

Charr, or Norn warrior?

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

]I made an asura warrior just because I love the animations of the little guy swinging the huge sword, and the little details like that tumble they make when jumping or stopping after running..

Best animation in the game is an Asura warrior wielding a lightning hammer….pure awesome.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Charr, or Norn warrior?

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

on charr the only really goodlooking armor will be t3 cultural!!!

most other armors will have ugly bulges due to the difference of charr body to human/sylvari/norn/asura

on norn you can use every set without ugly clipping/bulges and you can also combine almost every armor set piece with different sets

so i recommend chosing norn!

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

Charr, or Norn warrior?

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

If you have an open character slot make one of either race, go to the cultural armor NPC and preview. Then decide.

why do you assume that he wants cultural armor sets?

there are A LOT of epic armor combinations for norns beside cultural

for charr there are basically no goodlooking armor pieces besides cultural t3

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

Charr, or Norn warrior?

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

Norn are fun to drink with, but if you want a true warrior, go for charr. Even their racial skills are more suited for warrior combat. As for the tail clipping issues, yeah it exists. But it’s not horrendous like some people make it out to be. Charr look far scarier in heavy than a norn. Norns just look bloated and clumsy in heavy armor.

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

Charr, or Norn warrior?

Posted by: Rainbow Sprint.3215

Rainbow Sprint.3215

Norn are fun to drink with, but if you want a true warrior, go for charr. Even their racial skills are more suited for warrior combat. As for the tail clipping issues, yeah it exists. But it’s not horrendous like some people make it out to be. Charr look far scarier in heavy than a norn. Norns just look bloated and clumsy in heavy armor.

They also look ridiculous in light armor.

Charr, or Norn warrior?

Posted by: Gusinator.5479

Gusinator.5479

Wow, thanks for the posts everyone!

I decided to go norn warrior, but it was a hard decision with the charr as well.

Thanks again!

FRIEND OF THE GRUMMLES! Whats your luckydo?

Charr, or Norn warrior?

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

A year ago I faced this same choice. I couldn’t decide between a norn warrior and a charr engineer or a charr warrior and a norn ranger. I ultimately went with the former, but I still envision the dual-axe wielding charr warrior that never was…

Charr, or Norn warrior?

Posted by: Solkard.5136

Solkard.5136

I like the way Charr move and how they look in armor, but dislike their combat animations. If you look at them swinging a two handed weapon, you can notice that they constantly have to tilt their head back so as not to lop off their jaws.

I get that it may be necessary to not behead themselves with those particular swings, but it seems like they would’ve developed other combat styles that don’t equate to them just swinging blindly at their enemies.

(edited by Solkard.5136)

Charr, or Norn warrior?

Posted by: Contiguous.1345

Contiguous.1345

If you play WvW the answer is Norn.

The racial is OP.