Difference between Warriors and Guardians?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: TheMaskedGamer.5708

TheMaskedGamer.5708

Hey guys, hope you guys are having fun. Anyway, i just wanted to ask what are the fundamental differences between a guardian and a Warrior. I only know the simple basics that Guardians have more health and use magic, while the Warrior can use almost all weapons and are possibly have more resistance to damage(Correct me if I’m wrong).
But I want someone to give me the specifics between their stats, and who is more effective when assigned to certain roles like Healer, Support, Damage Dealer or Tank. (Basically who is better in each role. Add other that I may not have mentioned in this post.) Give me numbers even to see the major differences. Hope you guys can help.

Posted by: Falunel.7645

Falunel.7645

Hey guys, hope you guys are having fun. Anyway, i just wanted to ask what are the fundamental differences between a guardian and a Warrior. I only know the simple basics that Guardians have more health and use magic, while the Warrior can use almost all weapons and are possibly have more resistance to damage(Correct me if I’m wrong).
But I want someone to give me the specifics between their stats, and who is more effective when assigned to certain roles like Healer, Support, Damage Dealer or Tank. (Basically who is better in each role. Add other that I may not have mentioned in this post.) Give me numbers even to see the major differences. Hope you guys can help.

First of all, Guild Wars 2 does not use the Healer/Tank/DPS trinity. Every class can heal itself and has ways of avoiding damage (which is more important than healing damage), there is no way to control aggro, and each person is ultimately responsible for their own survival. Give this a readthrough: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/players/GW2-Combat-system-101-Guide/first

Onto your main question- guardians are a more defensive, supportive class (arguably having the best party support in the game), while warriors are an offensive class with access to some offensive support and control ability, depending on their weapons/build.

Guardians have the same amount of armor as warriors, but actually have lower health than warriors. Their health pool is the lowest in the game, right next to elementalists. However, they have access to many active defenses- powerful self-healing and numerous ways to mitigate damage, including but not limited to blinds, blocks, projectile reflections, condition cleanses, and numerous defensive boons such as aegis, protection, and regeneration. A properly played guardian can survive just as well, if not better than a warrior. They support the group by bringing healing, shielding the party from projectiles, and sharing their boons. Their damage output can, with the right gear and build, be decent, but it’s not as high as a warrior’s.

Warriors, on the other hand, have the highest amount of health in the game, but possess far fewer defensive tricks. Their heals are relatively weaker and on long cooldowns, so a good warrior must be highly mobile and skilled at dodging in order to avoid damage. They have the highest direct damage in the game and are wanted often for speedruns. Though their support capabilities aren’t as high as that of guardians, a warrior can boost the damage of allies with offensive boons, provide light health regeneration, and interrupt enemy attacks with control skills.

Falunel – Sylvari Elementalist | Falche Graysong – Human Mesmer | Tarnished Coast
Ember Solace [SOL] – A guild welcoming of newbies and those at the margins.
New Player Outreach Thread

(edited by Falunel.7645)

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

Guardians actually have less base health but have an all around more defensive skill set .

Posted by: wolfpaq.7354

wolfpaq.7354

Generally you measure the difference between two classes by picking an area of the game and seeing how they compare. So let’s take a look at a couple areas of the game and see how they compare:

Mobility:

Warrior is far superior. Easy access to permanent swiftness, 25% speed boost when using a melee weapon, 3 different gap closers on 2 different weapons that do not require a target.

Guardian has no access to 25% movement, difficulty achieving permanent swiftness, no free 25% boost, only 1 gap closer that doesn’t require a target which is on a very long cooldown.

Survivability

As others have mentioned, Guardians have the lowest health pool, Warriors have the highest. However, guardians have access to several forms of blocks and blinds as well as many ways for handling condition removal which makes their low hp easier to maintain. They both use the highest armor class.

Group Utility

Warrior has a much easier time stacking boons like might and fury than guardian, as well as banners & “empowered allies” which provide unique stat boosts for the entire group. Guardian on the other hand can provide superior healing to allies through staff and one of the virtues as well as defenses with blocks & condition removal. Generally, the warrior is better for increasing a parties offensive capabilities, a guardian is better for increasing a group’s defensive capabilities.

Posted by: azureai.9764

azureai.9764

[snipped kick-kitten explanation]

Just wanted to say what an informed and helpful post this is. Rock on, Falunel.