Dye Drop Rate

Dye Drop Rate

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Reborn.9862

Reborn.9862

I noticed alot of people have complained about dye drop rate, I seem to get them at an okay pace, is it certain ones that people can’t seem to get?

Dye Drop Rate

Posted by: GreenNekoHaunt.8527

GreenNekoHaunt.8527

I find this quite funny as I have experienced high drop rate of dyes lately. Throughout the weekend I dropped 8 dyes. (2 rare, 3 masterwork, 3 normal).

Gamer & Developer; Playing games is part of making games! Gather experience and make games!

Dye Drop Rate

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I typically get an average of 1 – 2 dyes a day. However, it should be noted that I also harvest all plant nodes I come across, even cheap ones like Onions. Over time, all those chances for dyes from those nodes adds up.

Dye Drop Rate

Reborn.9862

Lol so just complainers then huh?

Dye Drop Rate

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Don’t know. Since release, my boyfriend has had regular dye drops, while for me they’re very, very rare. You would think that over the course of so many months it would even out, especially as I play more than he does. But no.

I am now convinced that “dye drop chance” is a hidden stat on our characters. :P

Dye Drop Rate

GreenNekoHaunt.8527

Don’t know. Since release, my boyfriend has had regular dye drops, while for me they’re very, very rare. You would think that over the course of so many months it would even out, especially as I play more than he does. But no.

I am now convinced that “dye drop chance” is a hidden stat on our characters. :P

Maybe those “luck accounts” or “luck characters” really exist?

Gamer & Developer; Playing games is part of making games! Gather experience and make games!

Dye Drop Rate

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

It would be interesting if someone actually tracked the dye drop rate on a few different accounts over time. Even recording the actual number of dye drops per hour played would be helpful but even better recording what you do – are you speed running dungeons or exploring the open world? Are you harvesting plants? Are you actually collecting all the drops, even ones that are unlikely to be anything good?

I feel like my dye drop rate is very erratic, sometimes I’ll get none at all for a week or two then I’ll get 2 or 3 in one night. But I strongly suspect it’s tied to what I’m doing. For example about 1/2 my dyes seem to come from harvesting plant nodes so I’m likely to get a lot more when I’m doing that than running around the map focusing on specific tasks.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Dye Drop Rate

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

I got a couple of dyes two nights ago and none last night. Random is random.

Sure there was a time last December that it seemed that every plant had a 50/50 chance of coughing up a dye but I think there was a patch note about an overly generous drop table.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Dye Drop Rate

Reborn.9862

Played for one hour this morning got two dyes.

Dye Drop Rate

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

I get my dye from cooking I don’t need to worry about drop rate.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

Dye Drop Rate

Posted by: lorazcyk.8927

lorazcyk.8927

I only got one dye since I started playing again a couple months ago.
When I do get dyes, it’s generally the “Old Nickel” dye. Even in beta… I was so excited when I got a dye, but nearly every single time it was Old Nickel :-( I also rarely ever get rare or exotic drops. Since release, I’ve gotten about 4 total.
I know dragons give guaranteed rare, but I don’t do those (boooring!)

I don’t really mind, I don’t care about loot or money… though I admit I’d love to get lots of dyes. I love the surprise of identifying a dye (if it weren’t always Old Nickel). And I’d love to have lots of dyes to my characters.

… But my husband always gets lots of cool stuff… and when I play his account (he logs in for me once in a while so I can craft some food, and lets me play his mesmer since I don’t have one), and I get dye after dye after dye… He always gets lots of rares and exotics too. I played his character in Southsun Cove and got so many Karka shells in a row, then so many dyes in a row, I couldn’t believe my eyes.
I was playing his character for about 30 minutes, and made him 90 silver worth of cool stuff! (I sold it in trading post as I played his character)

Even in Gw1 it was the same, I had horrible loot, but my husband got lots of yellow weapon drops, rare materials, and white and black dyes.
He always got green or yellow pets, I got white pets, and generally it was always ‘necrid horseman’!

I think we should swap accounts with each other ;-)

I think Anet hates me to be honest :-D
For Gw3 I should register the account with my husband’s name and email, maybe I will get some of his luck!

(edited by lorazcyk.8927)

Dye Drop Rate

GreenNekoHaunt.8527

Well I could make a list of how much dyes I find per day starting from last week Friday:

Fr 24.5 – 3 Dyes (3 from Enemies)
Sa 25.5 – 2 Dyes (2 from Enemies)
So 26.5 – 1 Dye (1 from Enemies)
Mo 27.5 – 4 Dyes (1 from node, 3 from black lion chest)
Tu 28.5 – 1 Dye (1 from black lion chest)
We 29.5 – 1 Dye (1 from Enemies)
Th 30.5 -

(edited by GreenNekoHaunt.8527)

Dye Drop Rate

Posted by: rogerwilko.6895

rogerwilko.6895

I average 1 / 3-4 days…. you guys are very lucky…

Dye Drop Rate

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

There are many many different factors though. Time played is one but not a very good one.

For example I just got 2 unidentified dyes earlier from pushing the whole Modiir Ulgoth event chain. That took around 30 minutes. The number of things I ended up killing during those events is a lot more than what I would usually kill in 30 minutes.

Dye Drop Rate

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

There was a patch a couple of months ago where the dye drop rate probably double. A couple of days to a week later Anet said they restored the drop rate back to ‘normal’. This was right after they stealth nerfed ranger DPS on sbow #1 saying that it was an ‘animation’ glitch. When the community showed that it actually lowered DPS, the dev (Jon Peters) said they did that on purpose, confirming that they pretty much lied to the community.

A lot of people took this as a bad sign, left a bad taste in the mouth, whatever, and assumed that when they put the dye rates back to ‘normal’ they actually reduced it even further than what it originally was.

RIP in peace Robert

Dye Drop Rate

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

There was a patch a couple of months ago where the dye drop rate probably double. A couple of days to a week later Anet said they restored the drop rate back to ‘normal’. This was right after they stealth nerfed ranger DPS on sbow #1 saying that it was an ‘animation’ glitch. When the community showed that it actually lowered DPS, the dev (Jon Peters) said they did that on purpose, confirming that they pretty much lied to the community.

A lot of people took this as a bad sign, left a bad taste in the mouth, whatever, and assumed that when they put the dye rates back to ‘normal’ they actually reduced it even further than what it originally was.

Maybe stop bringing non related half truths into a very good question.
If you dont like the game and distrust anet, pĆ¼lease go to the general discussion or even better stop playing. This is the players helping players section.

To the OP. It seems to me personally that droprate differs from place to place. I did a good amount of dungeons and can’t remember any dye drop. The same go for when I’m farming events. It is a purely open world drop, with a bonus change from plants.

So it depends a lot of what you are doing and where.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Dye Drop Rate

Posted by: Chaotic Storm.2815

Chaotic Storm.2815

I’v found dye drops reasonable. course I’m also the type that doesn’t like to gamble with them and just sells them as is. collect my silver and turn around and buy 4-5 dyes with the profits.

#ELEtism

Dye Drop Rate

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

If I recall correctly, nodes (and maybe enemies) have a better chance of dropping additional loot (like dyes) the longer it is since they have been harvested/killed. Some people might be seeing more dyes b/c they are OCD about harvesting/killing everything. Maybe if you go to more barren areas (in terms of people) or harvest some lower-value nodes you will see some better drops.

Dye Drop Rate

Posted by: Swimsasa Stoon.8936

Swimsasa Stoon.8936

for me its just weird, sometimes I get 5 dyes in 5 minutes and other times I go weeks without ever finding one…

Dye Drop Rate

Posted by: ExTribble.7108

ExTribble.7108

Open world dye drops off mobs have been rather unsteady for me. Some days I’ll get 2-3, and then won’t get any for a week.

Try harvesting every plant node you come across. Even using Ori sickles in Queensdale is profitable since all you need is one dye to pay off the set, and I’m getting anywhere from 2-5 dyes per batch of 50 sickles. Sadly I’m not selling them at their expensive prices since I need them for Bifrost, but they are definitely “farmable” off of plant nodes.

“Any lump can hack bad guys to death, but it takes skill
and style to turn them into craters and dust.” -Tonn
Number-crunching for ecto salvages – periodically updated

Dye Drop Rate

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

One funny thing I’ve noticed.. I can for days playing on my level 80 characters without seeing a single dye drop, but twice already I’ve been playing my low level asura warrior still on metrica province and I’ve gotten 2 or 3 dye drops that night.

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.