Help please: Unidentified Fossilized Insect.

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Draconicus.7564

Draconicus.7564

Hi guys, can some one please tell me what rank from 1 to 6 must be the map so i have some change to loot this item from a chest?
Because i opened near 80 chests from rank 1 to 4 until now and i have seen none!
And i really need one so i can craft my Scorpiones, just love the skin:)

Thanks in advance for any info about this subject.

Posted by: Infamous Darkness.3284

Infamous Darkness.3284

Sorry my friend, but there is no rank requirements, its all just horrible RNG. A guildie of mine got one out of his first chest, while I’ve opened well over 100 and still haven’t seen one.

Infamous Culverin(engi[Main]), one of every other class.
Karl Marx: “Go away! Last words are for fools who haven’t said enough!”

Draconicus.7564

Sorry my friend, but there is no rank requirements, its all just horrible RNG. A guildie of mine got one out of his first chest, while I’ve opened well over 100 and still haven’t seen one.

Hooo, my dear God:( Gosh…Thanks for the clarification mate:P

P.S. – Interesting … Unidentified Fossilized Insects are ultra rare then…but we have like “Zillions” of that exotic flask “Twister in a Jar”… lol! How sad it is!:(

(edited by Draconicus.7564)

Posted by: Cyrill Faust.9340

Cyrill Faust.9340

The Maguuma Wastes Spvp Track gives a guaranteed one at the end if you rather do that, otherwise just keep opening the chests you’ll get one eventually. Also you can only get them in the drytop chests, not silverwastes, just an FYI.

Proud member of [BANK] my bank guild and [BANK](2) my other bank guild

Draconicus.7564

Ok Cyril, thank you very much mate.

Posted by: Flitzie.6082

Flitzie.6082

I wish we could trade them somehow.
I’d give one to everyone in this thread who wants one.

I’ve opened prolly around ~450 chests and got 11 of those lying around with no use at all.

You touched the shiny, didn’t you?

Posted by: JCROY.5730

JCROY.5730

Got my Odonata bow..stil cherish it <3
But you not only need the fossil..also the recipe. But reading you having opened a kittenload of boxes..that would be no problem buying it, no matter what tier the Drytop are in

“see cow, grab bundle, feed cow?”

Draconicus.7564

But you not only need the fossil..also the recipe. But reading you having opened a kittenload of boxes..that would be no problem buying it, no matter what tier the Drytop are in

Yes mate, i have the recipe, that’s where i notice i will need that Fossil thing. It looks i will suffer for a long time…lol.

IMHO such ultra rare things should have a way to be traded in the game besides RNG.

Draconicus.7564

I’ve opened prolly around ~450 chests and got 11 of those lying around with no use at all.

That’s a good % for you:P 11 in 450 is awesome!

I am in Love for Scorpiones! I even create a new Char just for it, A Elonian Genie riding a flying carpet, lol

Posted by: JCROY.5730

JCROY.5730

IMHO such ultra rare things should have a way to be traded in the game besides RNG.

NOOO!..IT IS MINE..MY PRECIOUSSSSS XD

“see cow, grab bundle, feed cow?”

Posted by: wizzard.1295

wizzard.1295

Got like 5 insects so far, from around ~200 keys … but so lack geodes for the recipes :/… wish there was a better way of getting them, the event farming is such a pain …

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Sucks I have half a dozen in my bank I don’t want and players on these forums complain about farming for months with none…..I’d gladly give them away if possible.

I’ve always felt that a new class of item is needed that will let you GIVE items to other players but not sell them on the TP. I guess that would create a potential black-market for those items, however….sigh

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

If you want to work for it instead of throwing yourself at the mercy of luck, there is that PvP reward track.

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

I need 4 more to finish the collection and hate how rare they are (for me). My husband has finished the collection and has 20+ more fossils >.<

Thankfully, the DTOP guild does T6 maps at least 1-2 times a week so I’ve gotten all the recipes purchased…now to collect more geodes to buy more keys to hopefully get those last 4 I need!

Good luck to you OP!

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

I need 4 more to finish the collection and hate how rare they are (for me). My husband has finished the collection and has 20+ more fossils >.<

Thankfully, the DTOP guild does T6 maps at least 1-2 times a week so I’ve gotten all the recipes purchased…now to collect more geodes to buy more keys to hopefully get those last 4 I need!

Good luck to you OP!

It may be faster to get them from PvP (at the very least, more reliable). Especially if you’re done with the recipes (the real bottleneck for me).

Posted by: zaced.7948

zaced.7948

easiest way to get those is the pvp reward track. i got 3 or 4 of those only from playing tpvp.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Hey khani, what is this guild you speak of? I might consider tagging along since I also need to farm Geodes for those recipes. (I plan on doing the PvP reward track to get the Fossils to make up for the RNG.)

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Go to http://www.dtop.sexy, or group with me on Fridays an hour after reset!

Zaxares.5419

So Saturday after reset my time. Cool, I’ll drop you a whisper then.

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

Yep, that’s them Zaxares. They’re an awesome group of folks. I managed to get 3 fossils during one sandstorm yesterday and finished my collection! And I have 50 lockpicks left.

For me I found that going in without a group got me more fossils because every time I was partied up I got none….but a friend had the opposite happen, she partied up and found more that way. XD All superstition.

Posted by: That Guy.5704

That Guy.5704

Wow, did not know this was a thing. Do they just do 1 run through or 2-3? I need to get in on a couple of these. I kind of want my ranger in all DT weapon skins but only have odonata so far.

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Wow, did not know this was a thing. Do they just do 1 run through or 2-3? I need to get in on a couple of these. I kind of want my ranger in all DT weapon skins but only have odonata so far.

They usually do 2 runs in a row – killing the Skritt Queen in the first, and the sand giant (plus Skritt Queen if time permits) in the second. Sometimes people stick around after for unofficial runs.

Zaxares.5419

2 runs in a row sounds perfect. That way, the runs finish up just in time for Karka Queen.

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Well, see you Saturday then! I’ll have to make sure that I’m actually around! Hehe.

Posted by: Slartibartfast.5416

Slartibartfast.5416

The Maguuma Wastes Spvp Track gives a guaranteed one at the end if you rather do that, otherwise just keep opening the chests you’ll get one eventually. Also you can only get them in the drytop chests, not silverwastes, just an FYI.

I’ve had them drop for me in Silverwastes.

I bind all of my keys to Gravedigger and rapidly roll my face across the keyboard while screaming
“I am teh Leetness!” at the top of my lungs, while rubbing baby oil all over myself.

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

If you want to work for it instead of throwing yourself at the mercy of luck, there is that PvP reward track.

This. You are guaranteed a fossilized insect of your choice by completing the track. I just started playing pvp and I’ve finished the reward track twice over three days (several hours though). In comparison, I have spent entire days, yes 8+ hour days, in dry top and not getting a single fossil. The reward track also gives you lots of keys and geodes. Over three days, I have earned three fossilized insects (two from PvP reward and one from chests).

Posted by: Lalocat.6793

Lalocat.6793

I wore down how many lockpicks per insect when I was working on the collection. Each time I found one, I reset the counter to zero. I once saw someone in map chat post that they had opened 178 chests and not gotten one.

1 (two in a row)
109 (arrrgh)