Help regarding map coverage

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Satsui.3715

Satsui.3715

Hello, I have only 49% world map coverage, yet I am level 80 and finished the last personal story (victory of death). Right now I am at Cursed Shore (also did Malchor’s Leap) and I wonder where to go so I could experience new adventure. It is prudent to say that I keep this game simple so I’m not interested in crafting/gems and other. Just to kill monsters
If you would be so kind and list me the next places and how to get there it would be awesome. Thanks

Posted by: Silvatar.5379

Silvatar.5379

Well….there is no “required” list of places to go. This game is very self-directed in the sense that it is an open play ground for gamers to simply do whatever it is they enjoy most. So I would suggest just letting the winds-of-fate decide for you where to go next (or go wherever it looks most interesting to you).

However, if you really! want some options presented to you, you could take a look at the Hero panel under “Achievements” and work on the list of “Jumping Puzzles” and the “Explorer” achievements. Both of these lists will take you to a lot of fun, challenging, and hidden areas of the world.

Posted by: Maxwell.7843

Maxwell.7843

It really depends on what you are looking for… As far as the aesthetic aspect, I think all the maps have something cool to offer.
If you are mostly interested in killing monsters, I guess a good place would be the other high level maps.

Satsui.3715

Thank you. In this case what is the higher level map past Cursed Shore and Malchor’s Leap?

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

There isn’t a higher level map past Cursed Shore.

Level 80 is the max level.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Well, one that people can miss (I did) is Frostgorge Sound, north of Wayfarer Foothills. It’s another level 80 map.

Maxwell.7843

Yeah, I was thinking about Frostgorge Sound and Fireheart Rise.

Let’s also not forget that Dry Top, the Silverwastes and Southsun Cove are all level 80 maps.

Satsui.3715

Thank you. I will definitely check those.
So how could you explain that I have only 49% world map coverage? I followed all personal stories until the last…

Posted by: skyhawk.5149

skyhawk.5149

Starter zones. The first 30levels of your personal stories center around your characters race, however there are 4other starter zones and areas tied to them that you also have to explore.

Edit: You can get to these other areas by going through the asuragates (purple icons) in Lions arch

Retired Oceanic Commander of Eredon Terrace

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

So how could you explain that I have only 49% world map coverage? I followed all personal stories until the last…

You don’t experience the entire world in the personal story.

Maxwell.7843

I think you don’t even experience the whole region of your character’s race…

Posted by: synk.6907

synk.6907

As others pointed out, you won’t see the whole world just by doing the story. Hover your mouse over the map zone names (when in map view), and you’ll see how much of a zone you have completed (e.g. the PoI, vistas, hero challenges, hearts). For map zones you haven’t been to, you should still see their level range numbers and can hover over that to see the same information. A summary of these items for the whole world is at the upper-left of the map screen — completing each map by visiting/competing all of these items within a zone will increase your overall world percentage completion.

About, what, a year ago they updated world exploration to NOT require the WvW maps, so you don’t even have to visit those (though they still have PoI, waypoints, vistas, and challenges). Also the new zones introduced as content has been released — Southsun, SW, Dry Top) don’t contribute to world completion but do have their own places to visit.