How can I prevent glider deployment

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Dselver.6093

Dselver.6093

How can I turn off the glider so that it can NOT deploy while disabled? When doing jumping puzzles or making hard jumps at vista points or events I do NOT want my glider to deploy.

How do I prevent the glider from being used?

I invited my friends to GW2 and want to play with them using my new low level character. I don’t want that particular low level character to be able to use my a glider.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Currently, there’s no toggle to turn off gliders. For now, you prevent it from opening by making sure you don’t press down on the space bar and don’t double tap it. Just quickly tap on it (once) to jump.

Posted by: F Bombs.5071

F Bombs.5071

I have my glider deployment set to a different key other that what it is set at..in my case I use R for my glider because that key is easier for me and doesn’t interfere with jumping or dodging or anything else I might be doing.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I have my glider deployment set to a different key other that what it is set at..in my case I use R for my glider because that key is easier for me and doesn’t interfere with jumping or dodging or anything else I might be doing.

Shoot, I meant to verify this is possible when I was in game. There have been long threads bewailing the inability to bind gliding to a key separate from the jump key. Did they stealth add this to keybindings?

F Bombs.5071

Shoot, I meant to verify this is possible when I was in game. There have been long threads bewailing the inability to bind gliding to a key separate from the jump key. Did they stealth add this to keybindings?

I wasn’t aware that it was something you couldn’t do before,i have only been playin maybe 4 months and as soon as I was able to glide I changed the keybind for it .

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

I wasn’t aware that it was something you couldn’t do before,i have only been playin maybe 4 months and as soon as I was able to glide I changed the keybind for it .

Did you do this with the in-game settings, or did you set up a keybinding through some other means? I ask because I’ve looked and have yet to find a way to change the glider toggle key.

Posted by: nottsgman.8206

nottsgman.8206

Did you do this with the in-game settings, or did you set up a keybinding through some other means? I ask because I’ve looked and have yet to find a way to change the glider toggle key.

I’d like to know too. I have looked, just now to make sure, and it isn’t there in the keybinding options in-game that I can see (that’s not to say it isn’t there and I’m just not seeing it).

70 ‘mains’ and waiting for more slots
| 61 Asura | 5 Charr | 2 Norn | 1 Human | 1 Sylvari |

F Bombs.5071

All I did was replaced the jump command and I guess since “jump” is also the glider deployment or linked to it , changed it in the movement options in game to R instead of spacebar and double tap it to deploy. works just like spacebar just a different key. so all that happends when I use spacebar now is dodge.which means R is now my jump/glider key, it is easier to not dble tap that key so I can just jump with ease

(edited by F Bombs.5071)

Posted by: Dselver.6093

Dselver.6093

I will fill out a support request then. I want to be able to set my client to jump without gliding. If you are reading this thread. Fill out a request. If enough people ask for it, ANET might get the message.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I will fill out a support request then. I want to be able to set my client to jump without gliding. If you are reading this thread. Fill out a request. If enough people ask for it, ANET might get the message.

Support tickets are for customers experiencing problems with their account or technical issues. They are not intended for game design suggestions. Customer support does not deal with such requests. All you will be doing is slowing down customer support responses for people with actual account or technical problems. In fact they will probably just tell you to post your suggestion on the forum. However, this topic has been discussed many times on the forum already and I’m almost certain Anet is aware that many people want a way to disable gliding when jumping.

Here are a few threads in the main forums related to the topic.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/hot/Turn-off-Gliding
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Suggestion-alternative-key-for-the-glider-Merged/
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Please-disable-gliding-in-jumping-puzzles/
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Can-We-Disable-Gliders

There are more but I’m too lazy to go through all of them via Google.

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

Use a macro that taps and instantly releases spacebar when you press spacebar, making it impossible to hold down spacebar. You will be unable to glide.

Posted by: Boogiepop Void.6473

Boogiepop Void.6473

I also want this. I was doing some jumping puzzles yesterday and I kept having to start over because the glider would go off when I didn’t want it to and I would overshoot.

Although ironically in one place where I wanted the glider to go off after I missed a jump and was falling to my death, it wouldn’t because it was staying disabled by the jumping puzzle the whole way down (Dark Reverie).