How does my set look?

How does my set look?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: SwiftFishy.2643

SwiftFishy.2643

Hey guys, I just got my guardian to lvl 80 yesterday. I was wondering out of 10 what you would rate my set, also if you would change anything on it, what would it be?

List of Armor:
Gladiator Helm
Pit Fighter Pauldrons
Barbaric Coat
Gauntlets of Mad King
Barbaric Leggings
Barbaric Boots

Attachments:

How does my set look?

Posted by: Shirk.6421

Shirk.6421

I don’t like it because… well… I just don’t like it, it kinda doesn’t fit.

If you like it, why do you ask and don’t just play?

(edited by Shirk.6421)

How does my set look?

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

Honestly, I don’t like the shoulders.

Too big, not to mention different colours.

And honestly, if that’s the set of colours you’re planning on using, I would get some better stuff. A darker brown, a darker yellow and a shinier gray.

How does my set look?

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

I like it! The different parts combine really nicely.

I’m not sure about the brown/yellow combination – if that’s supposed to be gold, I’d go with a more subdued tone, such as dijon (or similar).

But all in all, good job.

How does my set look?

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

I dont know that id want to be known as the guardian who soaked his armor in french’s mustard ….look into antique gold or gold if you want to go with yellows maybe even harvest gold .

How does my set look?

Posted by: Melanie.1240

Melanie.1240

I actually like it, but not the shoulders. I would change out the shoulders and pick a better gold (if that’s supposed to be gold) or a bronze/brown or something. For the rest I think it looks pretty nice.

How does my set look?

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I’m with the others, the shoulders are just ridiculous. For the rest you have a good combination even if it’s not to everyone’s taste; it at least looks like something a Tyrian fighter would wear. You can play with the dyes and change them up all you want to go for grittier or shinier as desired.

How does my set look?

SwiftFishy.2643

see, i do believe that the yellow is a bit to much, but gold itself is expensive…. idk a really good substitute. antique gold is much more of a brown to me

How does my set look?

Posted by: IVIUIEI.9631

IVIUIEI.9631

I would change the hair, the shoulder, the dress, and the color scheme.

vvuevv

How does my set look?

Posted by: IamALie.8190

IamALie.8190

see, i do believe that the yellow is a bit to much, but gold itself is expensive…. idk a really good substitute. antique gold is much more of a brown to me

If you can afford (assuming you bought it) Bonetti’s Rapier, then gold-like dyes should be nothing :P Concerning the set, I’m not for the barbarian look, but it isn’t terrible. Like many others, I don’t like the shoulders at all though. I believe that a good combination of dyes can make any set look decent at the least. If you intend to keep with this set, I’d mess around in the dyes rather than armor pieces.

How does my set look?

SwiftFishy.2643

If you can afford (assuming you bought it) Bonetti’s Rapier, then gold-like dyes should be nothing :P Concerning the set, I’m not for the barbarian look, but it isn’t terrible. Like many others, I don’t like the shoulders at all though. I believe that a good combination of dyes can make any set look decent at the least. If you intend to keep with this set, I’d mess around in the dyes rather than armor pieces.

actually, you might not believe this, i got bonetti’s rapier from a champion drop in the new kessex hill!

How does my set look?

Posted by: IVIUIEI.9631

IVIUIEI.9631

i would go with something like this if i had a human warrior

Attachments:

vvuevv

How does my set look?

Posted by: nagr.1593

nagr.1593

^this is just terrible armor choice, the OP obviously has a better looking set. Anyways..lol. I still have the same shoulder skin as you, strangely enough I also used the same colors as well, gold and silver. Though I used a darker yellowish color (think it was called Dijon). But thats where the similarities end, I had greyish/red hues for my armor. Now since my armor is all black, my shoulders are complementary hues of grey.

For armor set choices I would suggest 1st looking at the dungeon armor sets, some are very nice for human. CoF armor especially, I used to wear that because it looked soo cool. Though your endgame would probably be temple/order/cultural armor with a splash of any living story sets you happen to like. As it was for me.

Arun Kar

(edited by nagr.1593)

How does my set look?

SwiftFishy.2643

^this is just terrible armor choice, the OP obviously has a better looking set. Anyways..lol. I still have the same shoulder skin as you, strangely enough I also used the same colors as well, gold and silver. Though I used a darker yellowish color (think it was called Dijon). But thats where the similarities end, I had greyish/red hues for my armor. Now since my armor is all black, my shoulders are complementary hues of grey.

For armor set choices I would suggest 1st looking at the dungeon armor sets, some are very nice for human. CoF armor especially, I used to wear that because it looked soo cool. Though your endgame would probably be temple/order/cultural armor with a splash of any living story sets you happen to like. As it was for me.

dungeon armor to me is just boring, some of it looks decent but for the time and effort its utterly disgusting

How does my set look?

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

I’ve used pastel honey in place of gold on some textures. Preview it and see how that looks.