Hunt for Wings of Dwayna

Hunt for Wings of Dwayna

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Excisidium.1723

Excisidium.1723

Hey guys, now that we’ve finally found Final Rest, I’d like to start the next item hunt for the Longbow, Wings of Dwayna. There is a PvP version called “PvP Dwayna’s Longbow” but we know its not called that in PvE. Anyhow, before I get off topic, I really hope that we can get as much help with this item hunt as we did with Final Rest; especially from the ANET staff.

In the image, you will notice that it does have an effect. Feathers seem to casually fall from the bow (or possibly around you?). I’m unsure.

http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/5460/gw041tu.jpg

The biggest theory that I’ve heard so far is that this item is a Mystic Forge recipe that has yet to be discovered. Smaller theories are that it comes from the Dwayna temple and the Dwayna path of Arah (I think path four?).

Thanks for any contributions given in this thread.

Hunt for Wings of Dwayna

Posted by: Screaming Cantaloupe.2308

Screaming Cantaloupe.2308

1 Eldritch Scroll
100 Mystic Coins
250 Ancient Shortbow Stave
1 Gift of ???
Is the closest recipe people are guessing, it’s consistent with other rare recipes.

Hunt for Wings of Dwayna

Posted by: Excisidium.1723

Excisidium.1723

I can tell you its not the Gift of Nature. Tried that already. Any other ideas?

Hunt for Wings of Dwayna

Posted by: Screaming Cantaloupe.2308

Screaming Cantaloupe.2308

What people tried already:
Gift of: Wood, Nature, Darkness, Lightning, Light, Ice, Might, Magic, Fortune, Exploration, Battle, Mastery, Energy.

Hunt for Wings of Dwayna

Posted by: Snoflake.9087

Snoflake.9087

Well, the PvP version is crafted from 1 paid tourney token, 1 arcane sliver, 1 longbow token and 5 arcane powders. The big caveat is that it is dropping on a low rate from a pool of other possible rare bows when crafting the stuff in the PvP mystic forge.

However, there are now reports of it dropping from the gold tourney reward chests as well.

What does this bode for PvE? It is very likely, on the balance of probabilites, that you might just get it randomly by chucking in 4 level 80 rare bows and taking your chances if it has been added to the forge tables. Or you could keep trying to find the actual recipe. It might even drop from champ chests as rewards.

I have all my fingers and toes crossed for this scenario.

Hunt for Wings of Dwayna

Posted by: Forsaken.6720

Forsaken.6720

no one has thought comes from the temple of dwanya? just a guess but could be like final rest no?

Heavenly Mez – mesmer

Hunt for Wings of Dwayna

Posted by: CalvinHobbes.3541

CalvinHobbes.3541

It seems to share a skin with The Lover which is the precursor to The Dreamer.

“It’s a magical world, Hobbes, ol’ buddy… Let’s go exploring!”

Hunt for Wings of Dwayna

Posted by: Brendar.3548

Brendar.3548

Thats the shortbow, feathers of dwayna. Wings of dwayna is the longbow

Ignorance killed the cat, curiosity was framed.

Hunt for Wings of Dwayna

Posted by: CalvinHobbes.3541

CalvinHobbes.3541

They look mostly the same to me minus the feather effects and the size difference. So it’s quite possible the origins of them both is connected.

“It’s a magical world, Hobbes, ol’ buddy… Let’s go exploring!”

Hunt for Wings of Dwayna

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

The Wings of Dwayna (longbow) is held by the Tengu, who reside here:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dominion_of_Winds_

With the fix to the behemoth meta event, perhaps the meta event that takes place in the Tengu area is now also fixed?

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Defeat_Xolotl

Hunt for Wings of Dwayna

Posted by: bookman.9260

bookman.9260

I remember doing that event almost a month ago, and it worked fine. Not sure how it is broken. You just have to defeat all of the previous sun champions first to activate the final one.

It definitely isn’t a very sought after event, but I can’t remember what kind of chest spawns after beating it. Is it a big chest? Would the longbow drop from a smaller chest or is it like Final Rest where it is in a bigger chest?

Hunt for Wings of Dwayna

Posted by: Infernia.9847

Infernia.9847

I had a longbow on my main Ranger that dripped what looked like green ooze. It was lvl 60 ish… was a long time ago and I don’t remember what it was.
I tried to find a list of longbows with particle effects but came up with nothing.
I would love to have this bow on my lvl80 Ranger, she gets little attention from me. So the next hunt begins.

Blackgate : Level 80 Ranger, Necro, Guardian, Warrior
Devs: Trait Challenge Issued

Hunt for Wings of Dwayna

Posted by: Keiran.1896

Keiran.1896

With the fix to the behemoth meta event, perhaps the meta event that takes place in the Tengu area is now also fixed?

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Defeat_Xolotl

I just did Xolotl, 5 minutes ago, just after reading what you said.

It loots a very small chest called “Hylek Treasure”. Unlike other boss events, I didn’t get the guaranted rare. A few blue and greens only. No wings of dwayna, of course.

Hunt for Wings of Dwayna

Posted by: Infernia.9847

Infernia.9847

We got moved… it might be worth noting that this thread would have better applied to “Crafting” sub-forum unless of course the ‘Wings of Dwayna’ can’t be crafted.

Does the move of this thread mean that they can’t be crafted? Or should we be in the Crafting sub-forum?

Blackgate : Level 80 Ranger, Necro, Guardian, Warrior
Devs: Trait Challenge Issued