I finally got a recept for an Ambriteskin

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Omg Im Target.3095

Omg Im Target.3095

…and used it for the wrong character because it was white and i thought it would be accountbound. I was wrong..

I don’t really want to go throught 400 to fix this mistake. Is there any solution? May I transfer the recept to an other character?

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

ANet doesn’t normally fix players mistakes. You can always contact support to ask but from previous responses the answer will be no.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I don’t think there’s anything you can do except level crafting on that character or buy another recipe. But you could ask Support, it can’t hurt.

Also, sorry to derail the thread a bit but I’ve heard quite a few people saying the same thing and it’s made me curious: are other crafting recipes account-wide unlocks? I’ve always put them in the bank and unlocked them on the character that has that craft, but then I’ve only got each one unlocked on one character so I’ve never noticed if they’re account wide or not. If they are I’ve been wasting my time banking them. But how can you tell which are account unlocks and which are character unlocks?

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I’ve never seen a crafting recipe that unlocks account wide.

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

I’ve never seen a crafting recipe that unlocks account wide.

They don’t (but it’s been requested MULTIPLE times).

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Rather than that, I’d prefer it if there was a simple check that sees if the character you’re trying to learn the recipe on qualifies for the recipe, and it pops up a warning window if you’re not.

“You are not high enough level in Armorsmithing to use this recipe! Are you sure you want to learn it on this character?”

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Why make the recipe item account bound when the recipe itself will be soul bound? It obviously creates costly misunderstandings all the time.

I haven’t made the mistake, but I really only play one character and spend more time on the forums than is good for me. If not for the fact that plenty of players have run into this problem, it wouldn’t be obvious to me at all. (Same with the “unique” items that you can buy two, but only equip one of. That mistake has been made by SO many players that I seriously wonder WHY ANet wouldn’t take the 5 seconds to reword the thing, or the 25 minutes to create a technical solution/pop up.)

Vayne.8563

Rather than that, I’d prefer it if there was a simple check that sees if the character you’re trying to learn the recipe on qualifies for the recipe, and it pops up a warning window if you’re not.

“You are not high enough level in Armorsmithing to use this recipe! Are you sure you want to learn it on this character?”

If the recipe matches the type of character you want to unlock it on, the name of the profession on the bottom is green. So if you’re on a character, about to unlock say an artificer recipe and the word artificer isn’t in green, you’re not on an artificer.

Pixelpumpkin.4608

If the recipe matches the type of character you want to unlock it on, the name of the profession on the bottom is green. So if you’re on a character, about to unlock say an artificer recipe and the word artificer isn’t in green, you’re not on an artificer.

But if I remember correctly, it only means that you’re not CURRENTLY an artificer. You may still have leveled artificer to 400 and then switched to something else (I switch my crafts around all the time). So this is not the best indicator to check. Right? Or am I remembering this wrong?

Vayne.8563

But if I remember correctly, it only means that you’re not CURRENTLY an artificer. You may still have leveled artificer to 400 and then switched to something else (I switch my crafts around all the time). So this is not the best indicator to check. Right? Or am I remembering this wrong?

You’re remembering right. Many people, because you get five character slots, put two crafts on each of four characters. If you switch back and forth on a single character, you’re probably in a minority.

I never think of that because I’ve not switched once, ever. lol

Pixelpumpkin.4608

I leveled all crafts on my main as I knew I was going to keep this character forever (and the decision was made before the account-wide wallet, that also played a role). Since all you craft is either free or account bound, but never soul bound, it made sense to me to have a designated crafter. Bonus, I never use a recipe on the wrong character…