I have 4.5m Karma. What should I do?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Chilli.2976

Chilli.2976

So I currently have 4.5m Karma, and wondering what to do with it. Now I don’t want to craft a legendary until I get a precursor from a drop (maybe in the next 10 years), but what other use can I use it for in terms of making money maybe?

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

I got 2m Karma…. I spend my karma on orrian boxes or other stuff that earns me money but I never spend so I go below 2m karma :P Who knows what will come in the future.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

Posted by: Lodius.5392

Lodius.5392

Orrian jewelry boxes from Cursed Shore karma vendors… I spent 250,000 Karma there recently and got 3 Charged Lodestones. Plus the “Unidentified Scrap” is worth 1g a stack or so.

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

Turn it into gold…you are sitting on 500+ gold there.

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

I think mystic forging karma gear provides more gold than jewelry boxes, but don’t quote me on that.

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

As a reward for playing the game so much and being a good player, uou can try buying some things from the gem sto- oh wait..no.

Just blow it on the orrian jewal boxes, turn it into gold, trade for a handful of gems, play again for 2 years and do the same thing.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

Go clover gambling but hope you don’t get clovers…though since you are at least considering a legendary in the future it doesn’t hurt to get them.

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Buy Orrian jewelry boxes and get yourself some nice RSI from clicking them to open and then consuming millions of karma jugs out of it. Enjoy.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

If you care about skins, go on an unlocking spree?

When wardrobe first came out, I spent about 1.2 mil on just unlocking skins (and I still don’t have any Temple armor unlocked).

If you just want to convert to gold then the (reported) best bet is Karma Crabin’ Gloves from Bloodtide Coast (4 into Forge and Salvage (or sell) result). This takes quite a bit of clicking and time (I’m told), so if you just want it quick, Orrian Jewelry boxes are the best bet.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

(edited by Brother Grimm.5176)

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

First, as Vol said, I would get the potentials for a Legendary out of the way, mainly the clovers. After that, if you go with the Orrian boxes, make sure you keep track on how many Obsidian Shards you get and keep enough to buy the rest. Consider more if you would like to do any ascended crafting.

Other than that you could research cooking and perhaps be lucky to find something there.

Or what others mentioned, buy low level cheaper karma gear en masse. While those are not salvageable you can throw 4x into the mystic forge and then get one piece out to salvage. A while ago it appeared that linen was the best option, it might still be good.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/208rng/how_to_convert_karma_to_gold/

Be sure to double check this and know there is a lot of clicking involved.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

If you care about skins, go on an unlocking spree?

When wardrobe first came out, I spent about 1.2 mil on just unlocking skins (and I still don’t have any Temple armor unlocked).

If you just want to convert to gold then the (reported) best bet is Karma Crabin’ Gloves from Bloodtide Coast (4 into Forge and Salvage (or sell) result). This takes quite a bit of clicking and time (I’m told), so if you just want it quick, Orrian Jewelry boxes are the best bet.

This ^

I am always trying to keep some karma back just in case something comes up with a future update, but the rest of my karma I’ve spent on skins and orrian jewelry boxes.

Getting some legendary ingredients together while you can and stashing them also seems like a good idea, wish I’d thought of that earlier

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

unfortunately, the highest karma -> gold rates are for things that take a lot of time and can’t convert massive amounts quickly. the quicker it goes, the lower the rate.
From what I remember:
legendaries give about 30-80s/1000 karma (but also require initial investment and other account-bound things)
Beaded weapons give about 20-45s/1000 karma (but require initial investment)
buy bloodtide linen armor, MF, salvage gives about 8s/1000 karma
lost orrian box gives about 3.5s/1000 karma

(edited by Mystic.5934)

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I bought 1500 Obsidian Shards for my r500 crafting.

Also, I stay away from Beaded weapons because it’s SO DARN ANNOYING buying those frickin’ Sun Beads 1 at a time. >.<

Brother Grimm.5176

I bought 1500 Obsidian Shards for my r500 crafting.

That seems to be WAY too many for just Ascended crafting…..

Zaxares.5419

I have 5 characters who will all be outfitted in Ascended gear one day. I calculated I’ll need 1200+ Obsidian Shards to craft all the Bloodstone/Empyreal/Dragonite I’ll need. I decided to get 1500 to cover any “incidental expenses” along the way.

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

It hasn’t been mentioned yet and you didn’t specify that you specifically want gold from your Karma (though many people naturally assume that’s the case), but, if you’re into achievement collecting, you can spend a hefty amount of Karma on alcohol. This will save you quite a bit of gold vs buying it. I’m not sure it is as economical with some of the gold-karma conversion methods, but it might be something to interest you. Note: this involves a ridiculous amount of clicking and I’d recommend doing it in ‘sessions’.

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

It hasn’t been mentioned yet and you didn’t specify that you specifically want gold from your Karma (though many people naturally assume that’s the case), but, if you’re into achievement collecting, you can spend a hefty amount of Karma on alcohol. This will save you quite a bit of gold vs buying it. I’m not sure it is as economical with some of the gold-karma conversion methods, but it might be something to interest you. Note: this involves a ridiculous amount of clicking and I’d recommend doing it in ‘sessions’.

interesting suggestion. I did some research over at http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Alcohol:
“Therefore, the cost to max Thirst Slayer is 80g or 700,000 karma”
this would put karma->gold conversion at 11s40c/1000 karma, which is a better conversion than bloodtime linen armor and orrian boxes.
only 100,000 beverages = 400 stacks of 250 = 200,000 clicks to consume + 100,000 clicks to buy = 300,000 total. at 4 clicks/second, that’s 21 hours of clicking.

Brother Grimm.5176

….would suggest investigating “alternate” mouse clicking options if you go that route.

(or buy a cheap mouse to wear out).

Chilli.2976

….would suggest investigating “alternate” mouse clicking options if you go that route.

(or buy a cheap mouse to wear out).

Reminds me of GW1 -.-"

Posted by: jessiejay.3625

jessiejay.3625

Buy 500 obsidian shards, 250 of which will be used for the gift of Mastery and the remainder for gift of fortune attempts.

After that, get exotic armor and trinkets from orr temples for free

The orr boxes are no fun. *unidentified objects & swigs of karma*

Ms Jessie ~ Captain Jess, 2012
FracTonic|OmniPot|Golden Arms
Ad Infinitum & The Ascension

Posted by: Zach.3264

Zach.3264

Buy the light boots from the northern vendor in Bloodtide coast, throw them in forge then salvage the outcome. You get good amounts of high value silk from there.
It’s excellent cash, but very tedious as you need to travel between zones every time you fill inventory, then spam forge.

Zaxares.5419

If you’re a collector, you can also pad out your wardrobe by unlocking every single T3 Cultural Weapon. At 63k karma each, it’ll take you almost 6 million karma to get every single one.

Chilli.2976

If you’re a collector, you can also pad out your wardrobe by unlocking every single T3 Cultural Weapon. At 63k karma each, it’ll take you almost 6 million karma to get every single one.

But they are ugly right? :p

Zaxares.5419

Well, that’s up to your personal taste. Personally I love the Peacemaker and Warden weapons. I like the general style of the Seraph weapons, but you can get gold-shifted variants via CM (which I think look nicer). The Adamant and Wolfborn weapons are kinda meh, in my opinion.