I'm stuck at an Agony Resistance wall.

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Wintel.4873

Wintel.4873

I have 6x versatile infusions (+5 AR) in all my ascended gear, and +8 in my infused backpiece which amounts to +38 AR total. Still working on ascended staff but it won’t help all that much, the bulk of AR comes from infusions.

Looked up where I can get more essence/vials, turns out it’s only possible as a lucky drop in fractals. After doing SO MANY runs of lvl 1-29 fractals (personal lvl 25) I only had enough to infuse my backpiece. How the flying hell am I supposed to infuse 5-6 more items like that?!

What do I do? Keep farming fractals and hope to get lucky? I really hope not, because I refuse to play anything where my progression relies on luck. Farming and grinding I’m fine with, but not when I can’t calculate my goal. Please tell me there is another way :S

(edited by Wintel.4873)

Posted by: Natsu Dragneel.1625

Natsu Dragneel.1625

If you have ascended armour, weapons and trinkets, using only the versatile and +5’s you will have 85 AR, the wall is currently at around 100AR with +10’s because anything more is stupidly costly and even then you don’t need more then 75 right now.

Armour accounts for 30AR
Weapons account for 10AR
Trinkets, with +5’s will account for 45AR

If you need infused rings, keep running fractals 20+, eventually you will have enough vial/shard etc to infuse, or get them as a reward with the right stats at the end.

You cannot infuse the amulet or earrings, only the backpiece and rings.

Posted by: Wintel.4873

Wintel.4873

I don’t have ascended armor or weapons : /

Posted by: Da Sonic.6521

Da Sonic.6521

I don’t have ascended armor or weapons : /

So you’re not at a wall at all then, you’re just refusing to get the tools necessary to get the AR. This is like saying you have a problem getting your car started when you haven’t bought an engine, tires, or headlight fluid.

Get the Ascended Armor/Weapons, you’re missing out on a lot of AR otherwise, and you’re also missing out on 10% direct damage and 5% armor.

Genesis Theory [GT] (HoD)

Posted by: Esmee.1067

Esmee.1067

Why are your complaining when you have 38 AR which is plenty for 10 more fractals-levels or so. AR-table. Due to the Fractal cap you never need to be lucky to progress, you have to work hard and less hard if you get lucky (aka infused rings, infuse materials or even better, an ascended chest with the stats you like.)

Anyway you have 2 ways to go:
Farm the gold (and materials) to craft Ascended Weapons and Armor, I’d prioritize Weapons for a damage increase due to your current AR, but if your goal is your total AR armor will be considerable cheaper per point of AR. Staff made you sound like an Elementalist to me, if you are and only play with Staff I’d recommend Weapon first for +10 AR and the damage increase. Any other class needs to make 2-4 weapons in order to benefit from +10 AR without sacrificing usefulness, aka weapon-swap. Not to mention swapping between Ranged and Melee for certain bosses. Oh and underwater (only an issue if you melee Jelly)

Farm Fractals 20+ and indeed, get lucky in the Shards of Crystallized Mist Essence and use the Mystic Forge to turn them into the lower tiers. 1 Shard of Crystallized Mist Essence = 5 Glod of Coagulated Mist Essence or 10 “Vial of Condensed Mist Essence”: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Vial_of_Condensed_Mists_Essence which means 2 Shard drops per infusion unless my sleepiness has completly annihilated my math. Don’t bother farming the lower tiers (unless you do it for the Daily Chest ofcourse.) PS: You can only infuse your Rings (which can drop, but you’d need to get immensly lucky to get the ring you want) and the Backpiece. So that’s ~4 more Shards. You might even get that before you can’t progress with your current AR.

Actually there is a 3rd way which is buying a more expensive Agony Infusion for your backpiece.

(edited by Esmee.1067)