Krytan Explorer (wiki not adding up)

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: sarduccio.4362

sarduccio.4362

So I’m at 174/175 on Krytan Explorer, and went to the wiki to see what I was missing. Didn’t find anything. Added up the explorable areas in each page’s list, and came up with the following numbers, which add up to 174:

Queensdale – 26
Kessex Hills – 25
Gendarran – 29
Harathi – 24
Bloodtide – 25
LA – 14
DR – 27
Claw Island – 4

Is my math wrong? Is the wiki missing the one area I’m missing (by coincidence)?

Thanks,
Sarduccio

Posted by: nagr.1593

nagr.1593

check commonly missed areas for Krytan Explorer:

• Windloss Delves in Queensdale
  • Chantry of Secrets
Arun Kar

sarduccio.4362

I saw Chantry suggested in another thread, and went and got that. But as a POI, it didn’t unlock anything I didn’t already have. I see Windloss on my map, too.

Which makes me ask: if I see the area’s name on the map, that does mean that I have it already, right? I’ve been assuming that it’s not going to display it if I haven’t gotten credit for it.

Of course, my other point in posting is that I was assuming that the wiki would have added up to 175, somehow, too.

Sarduccio

Posted by: nagr.1593

nagr.1593

try to check some other commonly missed areas other people have trouble with:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/111q0i/wich_are_the_most_difficult_places_to_find_i_am/
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/players/Krytan-Explorer-Stuck-at-174-175/first#post1647404

Failing that, you can search for the completed maps with all areas listed and compare it to yours. If you see an area’s name on your map that means you already have it. Also don’t worry about the wiki, it might be wrong since its not completely infallible.

Arun Kar

(edited by nagr.1593)

sarduccio.4362

Heh. Oops. Yeah, I “got” Chantry, except I got the open area POI, and didn’t actually go into the instance area. Once I did that, voila, I now have Krytan Explorer.

Thanks nagr.

Which, as I think about it, makes the wiki both correct and incorrect, so I’ve added a Chantry entry to the Explorer page, in hopes of helping thick-headed souls like myself who come along later.

Sarduccio