Level 23 Elementalist

Level 23 Elementalist

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: ursul.5123

ursul.5123

I am a new player and I have a level 23 elementalist. I was doing really well but now I get killed very easy. I am wondering what types of armor I am allowed to wear. Someone said this could be the problem. I haven’t changed armor or equipment at all. What do you recommend? Also…I bought GW1 the trilogy to learn more about the story line. Anyone play the old ones? If so..I am Keith Vale on Nightfall and Istu Bon on GW1..my ele is Deloson on Gw2…main thing is what armor do I need for level 23 ele?

Level 23 Elementalist

Posted by: Highchu.3806

Highchu.3806

At the earlier levels you will be alot squishier especially on an Elementalist. You want to replace your armor every 5-10 levels or so to keep up with your zone level. Use gear you find as drops or you can buy some off level appropriate Karma merchants which are the Quest vendors with a small purple triangle. If you have the gold you can also buy some off the Trading Post, but it tends to be pretty expensive and you don’t really need it.

For starters you should understand the effects of each attribute which you can read up here: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Attribute
In the beginning start simple by using gear that utilizes “Power” which is the general dps stat that increases your direct damage. From there you can add even more dps by either going the route of Critical damage (increased critical hit damage) or Condition damage (increasing the damage of conditions). If you feel that you want more survivability you can add in “Vitality” (increased health) or “Toughness” (increased armor). Once you reach 80 and learning proper positioning/dodging you shouldn’t need any additional survivability. Its fine in the beginning while you are still learning things, but its best to switch out of it asap as it lower your overall dps and can lead to bad habits.

As you level up further you will be able to use armor with more attribute bonuses: Level 1-20 (1 stat), 21-55 (2 stats), and 56-80 (3 stats). Ideally you want to be using Power/DPS stats in PvE and at your current level that would be “Strong” (Power/Precision) or “Honed” (Power/Ferocity). At level 80 you want to be using “Berserker” (Power/Precision/Ferocity), but you don’t need to worry about that just yet. Until you can start using triple stat gear you’ll want to mix some Precision (Critical Chance) + Ferocity (Critical Damage). You need to balance them out as its pretty useless having too much crit chance and no crit damage or high crit damage and no crit chance.

(edited by Highchu.3806)

Level 23 Elementalist

Posted by: tzvikenbov.1062

tzvikenbov.1062

You should read this, I hope it would help you to understand that the problem is not your armor.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/players/GW2-Combat-system-101-Guide/first

Level 23 Elementalist

Posted by: dagrdagaz.4913

dagrdagaz.4913

You should read this, I hope it would help you to understand that the problem is not your armor.

If the armor (and weapons) he/she uses is of much lower level than his/her current character level, that is a problem.

Level 23 Elementalist

Posted by: Rhianne.4027

Rhianne.4027

I had a similar problem levelling up an elementalist alt, and getting level 20 armour really helped. Grabbing a minor sigil of bloodlust for your weapon also helps with killing things before they kill you, and the conjure lightning hammer skill has an AoE blind as the third attack in the auto-attack chain, which is very useful if fighting groups of monsters.

Level 23 Elementalist

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Using the skill to summon elementals doesn’t hurt either. They do damage and sometimes take the aggro off of you.