Moving character bound armor

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Akachi.1352

Akachi.1352

Is there a way i can move character bound armor and back items from 1 character to another if i am getting bored of the first and want to delete it?

(edited by Akachi.1352)

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

Yip, through your bank

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Akachi.1352

Yip, through your bank

kitten, i’m so tired sorry, meant character bound

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Not to sound flippy but that’s what character bound means. You can’t move it to another character. You can strip the skin and put it on a generic white armor and move that but you lose the stats.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Use transmutation to put the look on a basic white item. Your alts can then retransmute it onto their gear.

You cannot save the stats, though. edit — unless a splitter does that? I’m unclear, haven’t ever used a splitter.

Akachi.1352

Use transmutation to put the look on a basic white item. Your alts can then retransmute it onto their gear.

You cannot save the stats, though. edit — unless a splitter does that? I’m unclear, haven’t ever used a splitter.

i thought transmuting items character bound them though?

Donari.5237

Nope, not if you put them on a very basic item (from the TP, not from a vendor). It might say soulbound in the tooltip but you can certainly pick them up in your bank with an alt.

mercury ranique.2170

Yes, unless it is a white item, ignore the warning, but it will be accountbound. I have done it several times.

@Donari, imagine the following scenario.

You got a soulbound legendary twilight. You use a transmutation stone to transfer the skin to a white item. this is accountbound and you can put it in the bank. You withdraw it on a different character and use a transmuation splitter. The result will be (besides the white item) the original legendary, with full stats, and abillity to change stats. it will be accountbound AND soulbound on equip.

ow and ignore any shaking hands in the process

Akachi.1352

Cool ty for that everyone, is there a way to do the same for backitems?

Posted by: Natsu Dragneel.1625

Natsu Dragneel.1625

Yes, if you transmute the back piece onto a white one, just like your armour or weapons, it will become account bound,

Just search for a “Backpack set” on the trading post, the cheapest ones are around 1.1g, and they will give you a white back piece to use

you also get a kawaii back skin =p

mercury ranique.2170

Yes, if you transmute the back piece onto a white one, just like your armour or weapons, it will become account bound,

Just search for a “Backpack set” on the trading post, the cheapest ones are around 1.1g, and they will give you a white back piece to use

you also get a kawaii back skin =p

Make sure you choose ‘-name- backpack set’ and not ‘-name- backpack skin’

Those backpack skins are ment to be availabler for everyone but have an exclusive skin. thats why the ‘set’ comes with a ‘skin’ that can be transmuted on any backitem and a white level 1 backitem for those that are low level and don’t have a functional backitem yet.

(just to explain what you are dealing with)

Akachi.1352

one final question, why does the white armor piece have to be from the tp?

Donari.5237

That’s just something I heard. I know you can’t salvage white items off vendors, so possibly they have other restrictions as well.