Need to send 400g to a friend...

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: CrossFire.8037

CrossFire.8037

I need to send around 400g to a friend, but i have read on these forums that there is a possibility that our accounts will get banned.

Can anyone confirm if this is true or not?

(edited by CrossFire.8037)

Posted by: squintlight.6405

squintlight.6405

I’m pretty sure there is a possibility. but if your on a new account you cant send more than about 30 anyway

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

I had the same issue with a friend who wanted to send me ~650g so I could buy Dawn and finish my legendary. In the end he just bought Dawn for me and sent me that by e-mail with a short note about why he was doing it. This was some 2-3 weeks ago and neither of us had any trouble. I would suggest the same to you, if possible. If not and you must send the cash, you can either contact support and tell them about it and see what they say, or send the cash by mail with an explanation note and hope for the best. Is this an older friend who you have chatted/played with a lot in the past? If they check the logs, will there be evidence that you guys are friends and not just selling/buying gold? If yes, then I don’t think you should worry and just go ahead and do it.

And even if you do have trouble, both of you can simply explain to them why you did it so they understand this was not an attempt to sell/buy gold. I don’t think their goal is to prevent friends from pooling resources or lending/giving cash to one another.

Posted by: HykCraft.4610

HykCraft.4610

It would be nice if they banned from sending gold/silver/copper in the mail. It would stop all the gold spammers/sellers.

Sorrow’s Furnace US

Posted by: Wrath.7801

Wrath.7801

It would be nice if they banned from sending gold/silver/copper in the mail. It would stop all the gold spammers/sellers.

I haven’t played the game a lot but I have only had two spammers trying to sell me gold who I just reported straight away also have a little more faith in this nice community 99% of people want to get their gold through farming dungeons ect it’s only a small minority of players who want to cheat their way to the top and normally after they have bought the gold they will

1. Leave the game after realising having amazing bought gear doesn’t equal skill
2. Get banned for bragging about buying gold (generally people who do buy gold aren’t clever)
3. Buy a load of items from the trading post giving real players the gold they bought for real money

Posted by: Hayashi.3416

Hayashi.3416

We transferred about 125 gold to move one of our guildmates to our world via mail. Chatlogs wouldn’t have shown much activity since we haven’t talked much in the game prior to the transfer; we’re guildmates from another game. We didn’t see the need to say much more in the mail other than ‘rawr’, since the world transfer plan we already talked about in VoIP.

None of us had any issues.

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

Step 1. Create a dummy guild
Step 2. Invite friend to said guild
Step 3. Give friend access to withdraw from the guild bank
Step 4. Deposit money into guild bank
Step 5. Friend withdraws from bank
Step 6. ???
Step 7. Profit!!!

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Step 6. ???
Step 7. Profit!!!

New guild members have to wait a couple of days, though, until the game lets them withdraw cash from the guild bank.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: rozcinana.7249

rozcinana.7249

can i be your friend? i literally have like 14 g right now.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Step 6. ???
Step 7. Profit!!!

Me and two guildies did this, traded 200 gold amongst us through the guild bank to get the Golden title for each of us. I got a ban for gold selling/gold buying and they didn’t. It was resolved by contacting support but it’s still a risk if you do it this way.

If someone does give or loan another person large sums of gold, they should be sure and document what they are doing in chat and possibly with a statement in email to the other person saying exactly what they are doing. They may still get a ban but the chat/email will make their case with support.