New player, looking for a server.

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Testament.8042

Testament.8042

Good afternoon, GW2 community.

I’m a new gamer to GW2, with very little experience of it’s previous GW1 (I’m sure the games are a day/night difference).

I decided to purchase the game after receiving an email about a 30% off promo.

Once all the files were downloaded and installed, account registered and verified, I loaded the game up.

However, it asked me which realm/server I wish to choose. I am from the US so I selected from the drop down menu all the American realms. I decided just to pick anyone to see how the char/class/customization worked, but quickly stopped when I was prompted with a message saying that this would be a permanent selection unless I did a paid world transfer.

So this brings me to my question, as a fresh gamer to GW2, I am looking for a realm that is highly populated, and welcoming to a new, casual gamer (I’m sure there are realms that are designated to elite gamers).

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance!

Posted by: IonusX.7905

IonusX.7905

come to DragonBrand we are rising server in WvW and have great community with our own server vent room and forums we can hock you up with some great players so u can learn the tricks of the trade meet me up in LA or any home city whisper me in game would be awesome to have you

{TNT} Tactical Night Techs “We are the last line of defense”Commander Fire Warrior Scout

(edited by IonusX.7905)

Posted by: Ilithis Mithilander.3265

Ilithis Mithilander.3265

FA pride! (Fort Aspenwood, but really Aspenwood is a cover for Awesome so…Fort Awesome) Server really only dictates what server you WvW on. You can guest to two other servers every 24 hours for normal PvE. Come join FA in tier 2 WvW. It’s a blast every week against Tarnished Coast and Kaineng.

Primary Guild: Testing Eternity [TE]
Chloe (Version 3):
[i7 930 @ 4.1Ghz (1.3875V) w/Cooler Master 120M][Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (stock)]

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

TC is the unofficial RP server, so generally people are nicer or more relaxed :p Also, are you more into pvp/wvw or pve?

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

Posted by: g e o.2589

g e o.2589

FSP, Far Shiverpeaks. A nice server with balanced WvW, Europe

Posted by: Testament.8042

Testament.8042

Thank you all for the info thus far, a little more about my gaming type;

I was once on an RP realm on World of Warcraft due to exactly what Penatbater.4710 said, it was more relaxed and people were a lot more nice on there.

I am a very flexible gamer, I can take to PvE (end game content), PvP (I love the challenge of an unpredictable enemy), I have never really experienced much outdoor/world PvP, but it sounds like I would adore it.

Posted by: IonusX.7905

IonusX.7905

just saying i was here first and side DragonBrand is moving up to t2 so HA end of story see you all in T2

{TNT} Tactical Night Techs “We are the last line of defense”Commander Fire Warrior Scout

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

just saying i was here first and side DragonBrand is moving up to t2 so HA end of story see you all in T2

DB moving up the ranks? :O does this mean KN is going down? if so, see you on the battlefields soon!

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

Isle of Janthir! We may not be the best, but we are helpful and the veterans from the BWE are determined to make this place awesome.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

I was once on an RP realm on World of Warcraft due to exactly what Penatbater.4710 said, it was more relaxed and people were a lot more nice on there.

Tarnished Coast is the equivalent server in GW2 (North American servers).

TC is also very active (and doing well) in WvW.

Posted by: FrozenDelicious.3690

FrozenDelicious.3690

Santum of Rall has some nice ponds in it if you like that sort of thing, please come and guest with us to see for yourself

[OCX] Ducks shall save us all.

Posted by: DEKeyzToChaos.7381

DEKeyzToChaos.7381

I’m on Tarnished Coast and I love it! We have a great, relaxed community, often clear end-game content (temples and dungeons), and map chat is generally a friendly place to hold a conversation. Server prime time runs from 17:00 EDT/14:00PDT – 4:00 EDT/1:00 PDT, so we’re pretty busy for most of the day. And our WvW (open world PvP-type) commanders are excellent at working with those outside their guild or even new to WvW.

If you want something a little less populated, I would suggest Ferguson’s Crossing – I have friends over there and can definitely tell the difference in population when I guest over. Maguuma is also a good choice with fewer people.