Rabid gear builds

Rabid gear builds

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: MoS.5970

MoS.5970

I got an ascended weapon chest the other day with Condi/Precision/Toughness stats.
I keep looking around for builds based on this but can’t really find anything. Was looking more towards giving it to my mesmer.

Are there any suggestions on builds? Or even if I should look at a different profession instead of mesmer?

Rabid gear builds

Posted by: Wasbunny.6531

Wasbunny.6531

My condition Mesmer build is 0/6/2/0/6 and uses all Rabid gear. My build’s probably a little weird but I think any condi Mesmer uses Rabid (Prismatic Understanding or ‘PU’ condition Mesmers for instance).

Mesmers also have a trait: Chaotic Transference that converts toughness into condition damage which synergizes with Rabid really well. On a condition build at least.

Another tip is that Master Tuning Crystals also converts toughness into condition damage. I always use these with my condition Mesmer.

I consider Rabid to be one of the strongest stat combinations for condition anything actually.

Keep in mind ascended gear isn’t soulbound on equip anymore so you can try it out on different professions.

~An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way.~

(edited by Wasbunny.6531)

Rabid gear builds

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

If you’re using it for WvW, almost any condition build is pretty solid with Rabid gear. If you have intentions of using it for PvE, then you have a conundrum. Rabid stats a garbage for Pve. I recieved a Grizzy Chest too not even two hours after they released the Ascended weapons and chests (bad luck AND good I guess O.o). I didn’t even give a second thought to transmuting the Grizzy Staff skin over my zerker staff, b/c it looks perfect with my Eles color scheme. Although that was long before the wardrobe system, I still can’t recommend trying to force a build around a perticular stat combination just b/c it is Ascended. Unless you want to build a condimancer, condimes, engi, etc for WvW, then you’re better off just using it as a skin and enjoying the elegant look. Even changing dyes to match the weapon for a nice look is much better than trying to force a build around it that isn’t effective or forcing yourself into a playstyle that you don’t like to use. Hope this helps.

Rabid gear builds

Posted by: MoS.5970

MoS.5970

If you’re using it for WvW, almost any condition build is pretty solid with Rabid gear. If you have intentions of using it for PvE, then you have a conundrum.

Don’t really have a WvW character/build at the moment so might be a good idea. In terms of PvE, the only real time I see using the condi build would possibly be Teq defense (plus mesmer feedback on fingers), or condi teams on Triple Trouble Wurm.

Personally don’t have a problem with the playstyle either tbh. Was using condi’s for my mesmer’s leveling.
Haven’t put much use into the Mesmer either so it’s a chance to use him more now.

So in terms of weapon choice, I suppose staff?

Rabid gear builds

Posted by: Natsu Dragneel.1625

Natsu Dragneel.1625

Mesmer condi build using rabid? “The Blackwater Mesmer” link in my sig~

Rabid gear builds

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

Consider Necro as well. I won’t give specific builds but the ingredients for a condition buff on crit build with the right sigils is probably quite good and doesn’t lock you into Scepter play either.

Rabid gear builds

Posted by: csumpakadabra.2139

csumpakadabra.2139

or just make a rabid engineer, they can kick quite a punch

Rabid gear builds

Posted by: Pokecenter.3548

Pokecenter.3548

I would say to look over Necro subforum as well. I don’t know specifics even having a Necro myself but im sure they can have some nice rabid builds.

Regarding Mesmer which i use more often, you can check the build that was suggested above or some other – that i don’t know the name – that was pretty defensive and focused on condis with rabid gear only, using staff as main weapon and scepter+torch. I remember about this one because i wanted to try it so i’ve been saving rabid gear instead salvaging to that once i get a full set i can give it a go.

As was said, condi builds are no good for pve, so if you want one be sure that it is more oriented for WvW or maybe PvP.

Rabid gear builds

Posted by: Esmee.1067

Esmee.1067

I agree with all the people recommending to not build a PvE-character around an Ascended drop you got if the stats aren’t good, a full Ascended armor-set makes about 5-10% difference, which isn’t much if you think of it per piece. How-ever Conditions are very powerful in WvW roaming situations (or PvP but gear has no meaning in PvP,) so if you think you’ll enjoy that, make sure you keep it.

Class-specific forums have great threads for builds if you can decide on a class, the Blackwater Mesmer is a perfect example. Necro’s, Mesmers, Engineer, Ranger and Warrior all have some nasty condition-specs.

Rabid gear builds

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

I use an all Rabid kitted necro for triple wurm in the condi team. It’s pretty boss when you’re fighting husks. Even when scaled down, my condi damage is almost 1k with buffs.

Rabid gear builds

Posted by: bri.2359

bri.2359

I play a condimance when doing triple wurm and the only rabid stats I use are for trinkets only. My armour is full carrion and weapons are rampager.

As others have suggested, don’t bother with a condition build based on rabid stats for PvE.

Lvl 80’s: Ranger; Guardian; Mesmer; Necromancer; Thief
Gandara Megaserver

Rabid gear builds

Posted by: Wallace MacBix.2089

Wallace MacBix.2089

I use a tanky condi warrior with Knights/Rabid gear, and it works well fine in open world PvE/WvW/high-ish lvl Fractals. I usually use it in dungeons too, but I don’t do too many of those.

You can use condi builds in most of PvE, you just need to realize that for world bosses you will be doing very little damage.

Rabid gear builds

Posted by: CountzuCrytus.7256

CountzuCrytus.7256

My Condi War uses Rabid Gear. It combines nicely on a war with Rune of the Undead for that 7% toughness. It gives me about 3k armor(with Dolyak Signet-without its about 2800) with about 1500 condi damage on a war, without really trying much.

Rabid gear builds

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Rabid is likely the best Condition Damage set out there (especially if want some added Defense). It combines pretty well with other sets (Knights, Settler, Apothecary, etc.) to get a desired mix of stats while giving a decent Condition Boost. If you gear toward a lot of Crit triggering traits, a mix of Rabid / Ravaging is a good selection (my choice for my Engineer in Condition mode).

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

(edited by Brother Grimm.5176)

Rabid gear builds

Posted by: Domino.1359

Domino.1359

I’m in the same boat – I got the same ascended loot box a few days ago and have yet to assign to one of my chracters.

By best option is to use for a WvW character – like all have said above, it’s best there. Condi warrior, condi ranger even are my two options personally. Good luck!