Posted by: Wojohowitz.2581

Wojohowitz.2581

Is that offered at all through gems?

Thanks?

Race Change?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: MasterJediSoda.5926

MasterJediSoda.5926

No, sorry, it isn’t. You can change anything with the appearance using gems, but something like race goes into the personal story. It’s unlikely that that will change so far as I am aware.

Main: Mithren Lunalit, Mesmer
Member of Legion of Honour [XIII]
http://operationunion.enjin.com/

Race Change?

Posted by: Davey.7029

Davey.7029

Nope, but you can always change your gender, I don’t know if that helps.

Race Change?

Posted by: Dante.8456

Dante.8456

There is not and never will be a race change option. If you are really unhappy with your race then re-roll now before its too late. Anet has said before that it would simply be too complicated to change race.
However to save leg-work i would suggest stocking up on Tomes of Knowledge with your current class and then simply using 80 of them on your new preferred race. That way you can change with minimal trouble and without effort.

Desolation EU
Guardian / WvW Enthusiast

Race Change?

Posted by: Wetpaw.3487

Wetpaw.3487

There is not and never will be a race change option. If you are really unhappy with your race then re-roll now before its too late. Anet has said before that it would simply be too complicated to change race.
However to save leg-work i would suggest stocking up on Tomes of Knowledge with your current class and then simply using 80 of them on your new preferred race. That way you can change with minimal trouble and without effort.

you have a link for that? I don’t recall (may have missed) such a statement.

@Wojohowitz.2581 please post up in the link below if Race change interests you.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Suggestions-Gemstore-Items/page/35#post4669647

JQ Druid

Race Change?

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Race Change?

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

you have a link for that? I don’t recall (may have missed) such a statement.

@Wojohowitz.2581 please post up in the link below if Race change interests you.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Suggestions-Gemstore-Items/page/35#post4669647

When they said no, a long time ago, it had to do with problems how the races tie into their personal story, starting with character selection. A race change would either require them to change your hero panel or have a race that has another race’s storyline.

The quotes I can find right now
Janson Smalling Source
ArenaNet Poster
There is currently no Asuran technology that can rewrite the very makeup of a being’s DNA code. The Asura are a very smart people, no doubt. But that doesn’t mean they can use magic to change your molecular soul. And if they did… well then you’re not you, are you? ;P

Which I take as a joking way of saying, ANet doesn’t have the tools.

And (more definitively)

CC Eva: Source
Community Coordinator
Hi everyone.
Thanks for asking. To change the race in the Gem store will not be an option in Guild Wars 2.
Now we will proceed to lock this thread.

Race Change?

Wetpaw.3487

edit:thanks for the links
Im sure with the desire it will come. Race change would probably be one of Anet’s top profitable gem store release based off the success of other mmo’s having this feature/service and past/current players I play with.

Story/armor is something that could easily be worked around.

I would suggest the Asura scientists start looking at fotm on engineering this sort of service.

JQ Druid

(edited by Wetpaw.3487)

Race Change?

Astral Projections.7320

Question, not ever having played other MMOs, do the ones that have race changes have story lines personalized to the races or do they have one story line that all races use and any difference in the story arc is tied to professions?

Race Change?

Wetpaw.3487

Question, not ever having played other MMOs, do the ones that have race changes have story lines personalized to the races or do they have one story line that all races use and any difference in the story arc is tied to professions?

Kind of,

in WoW (has faction change & race change) each race has its own starter zones and quests associated with that area and race. But I believe any race can visit and complete those quests.

SWTOR has light, dark, grey alignment with your personal story and profession, and some quests respond to your race in some instances.

Not to sure about some of the other mmo’s that I have never invested time into other than to check out.

They way I look at it, your race is nothing more than a skin. I have only ran one out of my five professions through the story (pre pact changes, removed parts), and the rest of my bank/JP chest alts were leveled through crafting, scrolls, eotm, and WvW.

As for cultural armor I don’t think it matters now as much w/wardrobe update making the skin race account bound, and the actually rare items bought by the vendor could be set to account bound, or in the stipulation of a race change to forego the use of those items.

JQ Druid

Race Change?

Astral Projections.7320

Kind of,

in WoW (has faction change & race change) each race has its own starter zones and quests associated with that area and race. But I believe any race can visit and complete those quests.

SWTOR has light, dark, grey alignment with your personal story and profession, and some quests respond to your race in some instances.

Not to sure about some of the other mmo’s that I have never invested time into other than to check out.

They way I look at it, your race is nothing more than a skin. I have only ran one out of my five professions through the story (pre pact changes, removed parts), and the rest of my bank/JP chest alts were leveled through crafting, scrolls, eotm, and WvW.

As for cultural armor I don’t think it matters now as much w/wardrobe update making the skin race account bound, and the actually rare items bought by the vendor could be set to account bound, or in the stipulation of a race change to forego the use of those items.

I was thinking more of how the game handles it. Changing race when the story line depends on what profession you are, might mean little more than pulling out one set of quests and putting in another, something games with quest logs do all the time as you pick up and finish quests. Their story line may only begin when they speak to an NPC after character creation, which means it’s more quest like. In this game it’s race dependent and starts at character creation. It might be more firmly imbedded in the hero panel and there may not be tools to remove and exchange it like a game that has a quest log.

Even if it is possible to “switch skins” it may be they don’t want chars with one race and another race’s personal story. Maybe something like this could lead to all sorts of bugs.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)