Struggling to Gather Materials

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Wolfgang.6489

Wolfgang.6489

I don’t want any legendaries, I don’t care about celestial things, all I want are one or two weapon skins that I think look good. Unfortunately, they’re only available through mystic forge recipes, and require what I think are pretty ridiculous materials for exotics.

How do I go about gathering hundreds of charged lodestones? I can’t just buy them, that would take hundreds of gold that I don’t have. I’d love to be able to just farm them on my own, but the mobs that drop them are locked behind a temple event and even when they’re up, the droprate is so abysmally low that the anti-farming methods will kick in before I see more than a single drop.

What’s a guy to do? How do people manage to get lodestones and similar materials required for the mystic forge?

Posted by: Falunel.7645

Falunel.7645

Firstly, I just want to make sure that you know you can make lodestones from cores. This is the recipe:

2 Charged Cores
1 Bottle of Elonian Wine
1 Pile of Crystalline Dust
1 Crystal

In my opinion, it’s faster to save up gold and buy and convert the cores yourself than it is to farm the lodestones directly. A lot of gold comes from dungeoning, so if you have friends or guildmates who like to dungeon, group up with them and plan on dungeon-blitzing. I really recommend running dungeons with people you know rather than PUGs- it goes much more smoothly and is significantly less stressful.

Charged Cores drop sometimes from CoE, so I’d recommend keeping that dungeon on your list and running at least path 1 (a fairly easy path) once a day if you can, possibly path 2 as well. Both take under an hour with a skilled group. Get used to doing paths in other dungeons as well, and not just CoF P1. Fractals also has a chance of dropping cores and lodestones, though not always the type you’re after.

Above all, be patient, enjoy the game itself, rest when you need it, and reward yourself for hitting little milestones. (And yes, it is very possible to get 250 Charged Lodestones without playing the TP, farming CoF, or converting gems to gold.)

Falunel – Sylvari Elementalist | Falche Graysong – Human Mesmer | Tarnished Coast
Ember Solace [SOL] – A guild welcoming of newbies and those at the margins.
New Player Outreach Thread

(edited by Falunel.7645)

Posted by: Black Wolf.7348

Black Wolf.7348

farming lodestones is not a good idea. I spent a 3 weeks farming charged lodestones and my average was 1-2 pr hour. some ppl even go hours without getting any. much faster to farm 5 gold an hours then buy lodestone/cores (charged lodestone is like 3g or a little less atm )