Stylist Service - Order your Look!

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

Nice combo for an armor-wearing mesmer. It gave me some pretty good ideas

Think you can do a female asura look? Most of the armor is the same for both male and female asura.

Here’s Avkii, my little elementalist. I have 2 new requests

First request: A design that can relate to her Asuran background, perhaps with magi-tech influence. I especially want an elegant look, nothing rugged. She prefers the element of fire, so armor should be in bright colors of red, gold, etc. The limitation is a total pricetag of 20 gold, but I’ll allow a max of 35 gold if it really looks well. And, no gemstore items, unless spare pieces can also be used for my mesmer’s previous requests.

Second Request: I have this hat for her – http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Wizard's_Hat and I want an outfit to match. Let me see what you come up with! Limitation is the same as the first request.

Attachments:

(edited by Arikyali.5804)

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

I will try, Arikyali
Looks like I will need an additional character slot to generate a char for requests that I can’t really show (Missing race/gender). Just asking; Could you guys throw some Gem in and get it for me, so I can design on any?

Until my next post, this is how I’ve used my Wizard’kitten for a storage char;

Attachments:

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

Posted by: Sirlath.1672

Sirlath.1672

Hey, I’m gonna be gone for 3 weeks but I wanted to try this out as well :P

I’m looking for an armorset on my Sylvari Male Elementalist that fits the legendary Incinerator, that’s the only requirement. It should really fit the incinerator, maybe incorporate cultural stuff, doesn’t have to. Just look good with Incinerator that’s all

I won’t forget to tip once I’m back of course, I love your work^^

RoyalPredator.9163

Hey, I’m gonna be gone for 3 weeks but I wanted to try this out as well :P

This one was a harder call, the weapon’s design is quite unique, and I didn’t wanted to just apply flamy skins. Instead, I’ve came up with a concept of two bit different combat-mage who could use this engineered dagger.
First one is more friendly and engineer-like, second is more evil.
No clue how it will look on sylvari, but I believe you can adjust this for your liking.

Prefered dyes are of dagger’s colors.

Attachments:

RoyalPredator.9163

I’m awaiting any request kindly

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

For the new update, I created a look for my main fashioned after Fremen outfits (Dune).

I’m only 90% satisfied with the look and am looking for further inspiration. If you have time and this speaks to you, I would like to see if you can come up with something I like better than my own.

Human female engi. The spice must flow.

Well, there’s this ^^
;)

RoyalPredator.9163

Oh okay, sorry ^^
Could you please show your current 90% satisfied match-up?

Pixelpumpkin.4608

I could, but I’d prefer your creative spirit unspoiled!

Posted by: Deim Hunir.8503

Deim Hunir.8503

I don’t really need such a service but it’s still fun to see what combos you come up with

Posted by: thepinkthingy.5921

thepinkthingy.5921

I will be upgrading one of my toon’s gear so I would like inspiration on how he would look like

- Male sylvari elementalist
- I would like dark coloured dyes (My favourites are Midnight Ice, Abyss, Black Cherry)
- I really LOVE the masquerade gear so if you can think of any armour pieces which have similiar style to the masquerade gear it would be great!
- No legendary and ascended weapon/armour please, I can’t afford them ;O
- No special dyes (The super cool ones that you could get from the gem store)
- I use staff and scepter/dagger so if you could think of weapons that could go well
- Desert Rose or Fervid Censer as the backpiece.

Here’s my current look for my ele.
I can’t wait to get some inspiration, thank you very much!

Attachments:

They Came We Lag [LAG]
Isle of Janthir
#MakeIoJgreatagain

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

You know at first I thought this was sort of scammy, but after looking at your work, you’ve won me over. I can’t say I need that kind of help (because I enjoy designing my own stuff), but I have to say, this is good stuff.

Keep up the good work.

RoyalPredator.9163

Pixelpumpkin.4608, this was a really tough call.
I don’t know DUNE, doesn’t help so mutch
What about this? (The chests are no really close at all, make your pick)

Ty Vayne & Deim Hunir!

@ thepinkthingy.5921
I’ll check it soon

Attachments:

Posted by: Verificus.4320

Verificus.4320

Are people supposed to post in this thread or whisper you in game?

Also put your region (us/eu/asia) in the OP so people know wether or not they can actually tip you (im not sure if cross region mail is possible).

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

Are people supposed to post in this thread or whisper you in game?

Also put your region (us/eu/asia) in the OP so people know wether or not they can actually tip you (im not sure if cross region mail is possible).

Cross region NA to EU and vice versa is fine. No, cross region to CN is not possible afaik.

RoyalPredator, I’m looking for a tree elf look for my Sylvari Mesmer (female). It does not at all need to be leafy, but a goal of mine is to make it look more like a medium armored character (almost as though she was NOT a dainty princess). I have all gem store armors so all of those are fair game, and I have access to most other armors.

Thank you.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

RoyalPredator.9163

@ Lilith Ajit: It was a nice round, Thank you!

You didn’t mention what kind of Elf it would be, so I’ve choose the old-school Wood-Elf way. It is a clear preferenc how badly tiered the armor looks are… totaly messed. :/
Medium armor users gets the worst part.

Dyes: Emerald, Green, Grass, Charred & brown hoe dyes.
First set \\ Magician type: Feathered, Inquest, Magician, Illustrious, Council Ministry, Masquerade (in case you have, it fits best imo, incarnate also good!)
Second set \\ Combat type: Stately Circlet, Inquest, Magician, Apostle, Ascalonian, Council.
Third set \\ HC Fantasy Combat : Incarnate Mask, Incarnate (os Stately also good), Phoenix, Illustrious, Illustrious, Zodiac shoes.

Mix these parts to your liking, I’m sure you find your best.

Attachments:

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608, this was a really tough call.
I don’t know DUNE, doesn’t help so mutch
What about this? (The chests are no really close at all, make your pick)

Wow, cool!
It’ very different from mine, love it.
I never specified whether I was thinking of the movie, tv series or books, sorry! I think I made it harder for you.

Thank you for the inspiration, that gives me a few ideas for adjustments!

PS: here’s mine

Attachments:

RoyalPredator.9163

I’m happy to see your comment, Pixelpumpkin!
I was trying to make it close to the movie – didn’t read the books even.
Happy hunting!

RoyalPredator.9163

Any new request?

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Please, somebody give him/her something to do, I love this thread!

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

I shall oblige, think of it as mental exercise:

Armour to underline Sun Bead weapons – perhaps aztec style? Your choice of weapon and armour weight/race.

Or similar idea for the tiki shield, although that might be harder (tribal warrior sort of idea?).

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

Posted by: Skyguy.3715

Skyguy.3715

Hey, I run a human guardian. I’m looking for a white knight sort of look. I like my armor to match my weapons and i run meteorlogicus, jormags breath, some pink torch and spirit links focus.

So I would like my guy to sort of look like white knight with some pink/blue mixed in.
I could also try like the death warrior look but idk. Im open to suggestions.
Here is a pic from a few days ago when i didnt have spirit of links. right now my armor sorta looks choppy, i was looking to make it flow better. Also wanted to get rid of my back piece and get rid of the yellow in my armor.

thanks

Attachments:

(edited by Skyguy.3715)

Posted by: thepinkthingy.5921

thepinkthingy.5921

Royalpredator, I have previously posted a request hope you’ll look into it (check previous posts)

I eagerly await on your response

Thanks

They Came We Lag [LAG]
Isle of Janthir
#MakeIoJgreatagain

Pixelpumpkin.4608

I’ll throw some more ideas your way just for the fun of seeing what you come up with, but please, anybody who want help with their existing characters should go in the queue before me. So this is for if/when you get bored:

• A (clumsy) female asura warrior, field of study: sound waves. Preferred weapon: hammer
  • A female norn guardian, with a sea theme (like… fish scales?)
  • A branded sylvari
  • A sylvari character in the style of the Canadian flag. Armor weight, gender, face etc. up to you.

RoyalPredator.9163

Hi! I’ve been working hard in the last days, but here are the match-ups now

@ Rouven.7409: “Aztec Style” isn’t simple. There is a Tribal set which is designed for that, but I’m not sure if it ever was really accessable – I guess the PVP Mystic Forge still can drop it. I’ll do it one day too. Good luck
Zodiac/Tiki helm, Deathly Mantle, Tribal Vestments, Wrappings of the Lich, Primitive Legwraps, Tribal Walkers, Tiki Totem Shield+SunBead weapon.
Back: Chaos of Lyssa.
Dyes: Midnight Rust/Brown hoe, Mudmetal Dye, Charred/Ivory Dye, Cocoa Dye. (Need to implement some of weapon’s jewell colors once you have the set)

@ Skyguy.3715: I believe I’ve found a really nice mix for the Meteorlogicus that will fit Jormag’s Breath as well It feels fresh, like clouds in the sky. I’ve chosen the shoulder parts to have a closer match for the meteorlogicus’s “mech parts”.
Protector’s Helm/else, Aetherblade Heavy Pauldrons, Whisperer’s Breastplate, Avenger’s Gauntlets, Pit Fighter Skrit, Paws of Koda.
Back: Fractial Capacitor (maxed)
Dyes: White, Silver, Sky, White Gold/else

@ thepinkthingy.5921: Sorry Let’s see!
I wouldn’t touch the core of Masquerade, it is nice as is. Could not dye it well in E.Prev, but you’ll do the adjustments anyway
Feathered Headpiece/Optional, Masquerade Mantle – Raiments – leggings, Seer Gloves and Feathered Boots.
Back: Desert Rose or the yellow one
Dyes: What you like. I’ve used Black Cherry and Abyss.

Attachments:

Posted by: MatthijsB.4731

MatthijsB.4731

Hi,
I have a male sylvari elementalist and need a new style. My sylvari is currently all black with blue hair and glow effects, I do however have a Makeoverkit I’m looking for a style without or atleast very few sylvari cultural armor. Since all of my weapons are blue I would like a style with blue and some basic black, white or greyish colors. Currently I am using zodiac light armor, but it just doesn’t cut it. This is what i would like:

• The colors blue in combination with colors like black, grey and white
  • Rather no cultural armor , but if you can make it work, go ahead.
  • I like the zodiac effect, just not the whole set.
  • I have zodiac and trickster’s light armor and I will buy maximum one new gemstore set if necessary, also ascended gear is not a problem.
  • I don’t really like head-covering headpieces.

Thank you in advance.

Posted by: Tarral.5862

Tarral.5862

I’m usually really good at mixing and matching sets I like, but I’m having a hard time finding something I’m happy with for my female human warrior. She has dark skin and white hair, and I have found that golds/yellows look pretty good on her.

- I think of her as a “warrior princess” kind of girl.
- I hate heavy, clunky or spiky looking armor on her. (This is one of the things that is making this set hard for me, I think.)
- She has several of the Ebonhawke weapon skins, so working with these weapons would be nice, but isn’t required.
- I will not show a head (unless you come up with a good look to show off her Aviator sunglasses!)
- I have the Aetherblade Gemstore set, and would be willing to get one more set if the look was worth it.
- No T3 cultural or ascended items, please.

I have come up with a couple of sets that are only okay-ish, but since I don’t love them, I thought I’d see what you could come up with.

Thanks, and hope you have fun with it!

(edited by Tarral.5862)

RoyalPredator.9163

MatthijsB.4731: Let me introduce your very own IceMage Concept!
Hope you like this one.

MatthijsB.4731: This one was a tough call. I was going for a “Xena-like” realistic outfit, then I decided to go more fancy and fantasy. What about this one below?

I’m sorry, but forgot to write down the pieces by name :S
Hope you’ll find them by icon or knowleagde.
(Proper dye-ing will help a lot)

Attachments:

Posted by: Skyguy.3715

Skyguy.3715

Hi, I love the armor you picked out, I was just wondering the dye for a pic you posted earlier. https://dviw3bl0enbyw.cloudfront.net/uploads/forum_attachment/file/156028/gw2_small_gw597.jpg is the url but its the picture with the demon looking medium armor class next to a warrior/guardian. Im wondering the dye of the warriors armor. THanks

RoyalPredator.9163

I guess thats “Iron Dye” and something light beige, maybe Ivory.

Verificus.4320

I’d like some advice on a look too.
My thief (male asura) is currently in aetherblade armor minus the helm as I wanted to give him a steampunk look. However as most of my other characters are mix and match I feel like im cheesing it with my thief. I kinda want to switch around the look but still keep it true to the steampunk feel. Kind of like a mix between an inquest/aetherblade/steampunk bad guy thief. Preferrably with inquest colors (always had trouble determining which types of red and black the inquest use since im bad with colors). I have pretty much all skins and dyes available (outside of 100g+ dyes and skins that require anything that the average player doesn’t have like HoM etc). So feel free to try anything. I want to look like I’m able to walk into an aetherblade facility or CoE and not arouse intruder suspicions

Posted by: Sweetblue Huntress.9856

Sweetblue Huntress.9856

I could use some help as I keep using up charges trying to get a look I’m happy with.

• Human female mesmer.
  • Prefer overall medium – light colors (dark colors ok as accent) and please use at least 2 different colors.
  • Sexy but not overly sexy. (example: Inquest chest is too much.)
  • No ascended gear.
  • No bows on butt.

Thanks! I look forward to seeing what you come up with!!

Leta Lorelei – Luwythea – Too many more to name
Jade Quarry

RoyalPredator.9163

My thief (male asura) … I kinda want to switch around the look but still keep it true to the steampunk feel. Kind of like a mix between an inquest/aetherblade/steampunk bad guy thief.

There is a previous post of mine here;
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/players/Stylist-Service-Order-your-Look/first#post4151677

Should I come up with a more bad guy feeling that includes inquest style if possible?

@ Sweetblue Huntress.9856
Any way of style you can mention, please? Or let it be a real mesmerish look?

Posted by: Prynce.9304

Prynce.9304

Hi,
I need help creating an Egyptian warrior look for my norn guardian. He has a close cut with the braided goatee and is also not as bulky as most Norns. I was thinking a cross between Xerxes from 300,Kratos, and the Egyptian god Anubis. Outside of ascended armor anything is pretty much fair game.

Thanks hope your able to make something awesome.

Verificus.4320

My thief (male asura) … I kinda want to switch around the look but still keep it true to the steampunk feel. Kind of like a mix between an inquest/aetherblade/steampunk bad guy thief.

There is a previous post of mine here;
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/players/Stylist-Service-Order-your-Look/first#post4151677

Should I come up with a more bad guy feeling that includes inquest style if possible?

I’ve checked your steampunk styles out and they are nice. But i’m indeed missing the inquest feel. I tried a bit more red/black coloring on those three sets you linked but I feel it’s too much steampunk/thief and not enough inquest/aetherblade. So if you can come up with something more evil and inquest-y that would be very much appreciated

Posted by: Sweetblue Huntress.9856

Sweetblue Huntress.9856

Actually now that you mention it, I prefer not to look like a typical mesmer. Thank you!

Leta Lorelei – Luwythea – Too many more to name
Jade Quarry

RoyalPredator.9163

Verificus.4320: It’s quite hard… The Inquests have a style that doesn’t really matching Steampunk, and aetherblade set is the one in the middle… Perhaps you like this one:

Auxiliary Powered Helm, Magitech Shoulderpads, Prototype Coat, Aetherblade medium armguards, Inquest Leggings, Noble Boots.
Dyes: Try Charred with black/abyss, red of your choice.

Prynce.9304: Dead point mate, I’m sorry. There are no skins that would really suit your request, it’s holded back for a possible Nightfall-ish release. But I won’t leave you empty handed; You may try going minimal with white/gold/skyblue/rubyred skins, aim “Paragon” way of look, guess that suits you the most.

Zodiac Helm, Fanatic’s Mantle, Brawn of Koda, Zodiac Gauntlets, Pit Fighter Skirt & Greaves.

Sweetblue Huntress.9856: I’m still not sure, but meanwhile thinked on Prynce’s Egyptian way of look, a previous design – that I made for myself long ago – crossed my mind-
What about this Vabbian Courtesan look?

Country Mask, Hide shoulders, Conjurer Chest, Embroidered Wristguards, Emiodered Pants, Zodiac Light Shoes.
Dyes: Blue Rose, Rose/Ruby, Gold.

Attachments:

RoyalPredator.9163

Prynce.9304

Another concept, it’s really heavy but I really like it. Hope you do as well
Scallywag helm, Avenger’s Shoulderplates (For Norn, maybe Koda/Haritage/Zodiac), Studded Plate Armor, Grasping Dead Gauntlets, Studded Leggings & Greaves.
Back: Sun Catcher

Dyes: White Gold, Gold, Charred, Ivory.

Attachments:

Posted by: Rob.4081

Rob.4081

Hi there!

I really like this initiative!! I congratulate you for it and for the great designs you’ve posted. I will be sending you my request soon!

Cheers!

RoyalPredator.9163

Bring it on, Rob

Posted by: Carpboy.7145

Carpboy.7145

Hi, im looking for a look for my newly completed female human mesmer. Im looking for a sort of “battlemage” feel, so no robes of any kind. (Big fan of the embroidered pants). I also dont want a whole lot of skin showing, but a little bit of sexiness is fine. Not a big fan of helmets unless theyre masks like the phantom necro starting mask. Dyes i want an abyss/celestial with a hint of light blue, as my character will be dual wielding Jormag’s breath and cobalt. Im excited to see what you can come up with! Cheers!

The Use of the Word ‘Cheese’
Lyss The Shadow
Legendary Champion of DB [EDGE]

Prynce.9304

Prynce.9304

Scallywag helm, Avenger’s Shoulderplates (For Norn, maybe Koda/Haritage/Zodiac), Studded Plate Armor, Grasping Dead Gauntlets, Studded Leggings & Greaves.

Prynce.9304

Prynce.9304

I really like both of them. I’m gonna pull a little from both and see what happens.

Thanks

RoyalPredator.9163

@ Carpboy.7145:
It was an interesting request, I wouldn’t use Eembriodered Pants for a battlemage, but managed to get an icy-sharp mix by using the elements you like.
Wraith’s Masque, Sorcerer’s Eqaulets, Phoenix Vest, Sorcerer’s Livery, Embriodered Pants, Masquerade Boots.
Fitting Backs: Holographic Shattered Dragon Wings, Ligot of Dwayna, Fractial Capacitors, Wind Catcher.
Try: Sky Dye.

I hope you enjoy this one

Attachments:

Posted by: Ryan Mozo.9581

Ryan Mozo.9581

Just saw this service you offer RoyalPredator and I’m also a huge fan I’ll be getting to you within the week to help me out!

Best of luck

Posted by: Azarem.1206

Azarem.1206

Hey this is good! Can you try making a female human ranger look? You can use gem store or ascended skins and dyes that you think best but i would like to see my ranger without coat/trenches or masks and hood. Oh and make sure it compliments with Kudzu.

Thanks in advance and i’m hoping to see you work your imagination on this one.

Posted by: Entaurrus Silver.3820

Entaurrus Silver.3820

I’ve got a clothing request. I’ve got a Charr Guardian running around with complete T3 armor (with helm hidden). He’s got mainly Midnight Blue dyes with Celestial Dye highlights. I like most of the T3 armor except for the shoulder and feet. Do you think you can toy around with different shoulder and feet armors that make him still look bulky and symmetrical? (The ones I had thought of were T1 and Armageddon, but I’ll leave the choices up to your discretion). Also, if you could maybe toy around with colors just a little bit and keep the cool color pattern going, I’d appreciate it. (If you want any pictures, let me know.

Posted by: Entaurrus Silver.3820

Entaurrus Silver.3820

And as a note, feel free to mess around wherever you see fit to make the Charr look more Guardian-y (if that makes any sense). I’m terrible at clothing design, so I feel like I’m not doing myself a favor by just buying out a T3 set and calling it there.

Posted by: nichol.3810

nichol.3810

Ok, maybe you can help me:

I want to make my Human Female look like an Adepta Sororitas (Order of the Sacred Rose or alternative Order of our Martyred Lady) from the Warhammer 40k Universe.

-For Reference http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Order_of_the_Sacred_Rose

I failed at many attempts. Choose the Armor Class which comes closest to the Original. I’m willing to give a nice tip

(edited by nichol.3810)

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I’ll chime in with a couple of pieces for that, nichol. I’m not trying to replace the OP, I just got interested in this request. I’m looking at the gallery image in your link, second picture, the grey armor on a white background.

I’d say heavy armor. For the chest, how about either the Avenger’s or Temple? And the legs look like Priory or the many Lionsguard-style items. Boots, hmm, Vigil or Honor of the Waves give you thigh highs. Any number of gloves will work; take a peek at Zodiac, maybe?

Shoulders and helm, meh. The OP can likely figure something out, Dredge ones not being quite right imo.

These are only some ideas from looking at Argos, I haven’t gone in game as the OP does to really tweak it.