Thanks M.S.Tarnished Coast is ALWAYS FULL

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Shaunaniguns.8730

Shaunaniguns.8730

Q:

I bought GW2 for my husband in the spring of this year. (2014)
I had the intention of buying the game for myself and my two teenagers. I waited for a sale that happened recently, and purchased 3 more copies of the game. Now, we are unable to get into the TC server. I don’t care about WvW, but IF i did i would want to play with my friends and family, and the guild to which they all belong. The one i planned on joining. I am a Role Player. I don’t want to join another server. I want to be on the TC server. I spent the last week trying to get in. It is FULL. I made a rotation shift schedule and we checked it every 15 minutes for 72 hours straight Mid week. When I bought the game for my husband this was not an issue, had I know this was going to be the case, I would not have purchased 3 more copies of the game. I can’t afford to buy transfers for all of us, that’s why i had to wait for the game to go on sale. I submitted a ticket, i have heard nothing back. I don’t blame my husband for not wanting to switch to a different server, Toast is awesome and everyone we know is there. I blame Anet for mismanaging the server system. A few months ago there was a low population server crisis, now you CAN"T get in?
I want my money back. If i can’t play, why should I PAY?
What is the point of this? Am i the only person who thinks the new Mega Server system isn’t worth the issues it causes? What am I supposed to do here?

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

Er, with the mega server system not to mention the unified guild system now being on different servers has very little meaning (apart from wvw).

In the recent update, Anet made it so that guild member contributions towards a guild’s influence and merits were universal regardless of your home world.

The mega server heavily screed the RP player base because no matter where you go now, RPs will be surrounded by non-RPs any way.

Basically if you want to be in the same server as your guild or your family you have to party up and have them join you in the map. As you don’t care about wvw anyway, this is only a minor inconvenience

Posted by: Shaunaniguns.8730

Shaunaniguns.8730

Er, with the mega server system not to mention the unified guild system now being on different servers has very little meaning (apart from wvw).

In the recent update, Anet made it so that guild member contributions towards a guild’s influence and merits were universal regardless of your home world.

The mega server heavily screed the RP player base because no matter where you go now, RPs will be surrounded by non-RPs any way.

Basically if you want to be in the same server as your guild or your family you have to party up and have them join you in the map. As you don’t care about wvw anyway, this is only a minor inconvenience

It does, and does not.
I’m a new player, so are the rest of my family.
When I DO play WvW , I want to play with my family.
There’s nothing “minor” about the inconvenience of five servers being constantly full.

Posted by: Gilosean.3805

Gilosean.3805

It is annoying. Partying up for a map change is easy though, and with the megaserver you can always find people to play with.

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

Afraid that’s that the nature of highly popular servers. Maybe there’ll be another transfer window in the not too distant future.

On the flipside, you could wvw for a lower tier server (since upper tier servers are inevitably going to be dominated by latency and lag issues) where there is certainly enough space for your whole family to play together.

As for RP, despite being in a lower tier server there would be nothing preventing you all from RPing in TC while wvwing for a different server.

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

It is annoying not being able to get on the server one wants. However, Megaserver is not to blame for TC being full. The t1 WvW servers are all full most of the time.

Posted by: Olvendred.3027

Olvendred.3027

If you do want your money back, then you should submit a support ticket.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

If anything, the Megaservers take pressure off those servers as people who wanted them for PvE can be on any server now. Servers are only important for WvW, which is untouched by the Megaserver system.

If you are willing to delete your chars later you can chose any NA server to play with family/friends in PvE and if a spot opens up (after 7 days have passed) you can delete all chars and switch.

Posted by: DonQuack.9025

DonQuack.9025

Let me help a bit more.
https://help.guildwars2.com/entries/27697743-Refunds

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

Posted by: Vikkela.7261

Vikkela.7261

I don’t care about WvW

This statement matters more than you think, so, do you care of WvW or not? If you don’t care about it then it has no matter which server each one of you play on, there is nothing affecting your family from playing with each other

9 Guardians later…

Astral Projections.7320

The only reason for picking one server over another is WvW. As a new player, that’s not the spot to go to as you’re going to get wiped out. No utility skills, no traits, no elite skills, low level gear. If you are not in WvW you can play together with your friends/guild/family as you wish in PvE and PvP.

It would be better to pick a server, any NA server, and learn how to play the game while waiting for a spot to open up on the other server so you can get into WvW. Then when a spot opens up, delete that char and transfer.

Astral Projections.7320

Let me help a bit more.

As an additional comment, getting a refund for the game should not be done as a gesture of frustration but because you have truly decided not to play the game. A refund permanently deactivates not only that account with its email but also the card used to buy the game. If other family members are using that card then it will be deactivated for them also.

Posted by: Sligh.2789

Sligh.2789

Let me help a bit more.

As an additional comment, getting a refund for the game should not be done as a gesture of frustration but because you have truly decided not to play the game. A refund permanently deactivates not only that account with its email but also the card used to buy the game. If other family members are using that card then it will be deactivated for them also.

Getting a refund does not deactivate the email or card used to purchase the game. Anet is not a bank, nor an IP provider. Read the post before posting to avoid providing false information to others. Edit the post to provide the info you wanted to relate.

Astral Projections.7320

Let me help a bit more.

Getting a refund does not deactivate the email or card used to purchase the game. Anet is not a bank, nor an IP provider. Read the post before posting to avoid providing false information to others. Edit the post to provide the info you wanted to relate.

My bad. I meant they will deactivate the email and card in their files so it can’t be used again in this game. It never occurred to me that someone would think that ANet has the power to deactivate cards or emails outside the game.

Gaile Gray
ArenaNet Support Liaison
“For full disclosure: If someone seeks a refund, their account is closed, as required by our billing providers. This is not something an account holder should do lightly, and it is an irreversible decision, just as doing a charge-back results in account closure and will never receive reinstatement. The e-mail address associated with a refunded or charged-back account will not be usable in the future, as well.”

(Here Gaile does not mean they will deactivate the email address outside the game. It’s understood that it’s only ingame deactivation they are talking about).

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

Posted by: Elsdragon.5109

Elsdragon.5109

As people have pointed out already, servers are only used to determine WvW allegiances. As WvW can get very intense especially in the Tier 1 servers, entering as a new player may not be the best decision. Even if you’re with a large zerg all the time, it doesn’t help you learn to play the game or your class. Pick a low tier server that does well in their tier so that you can still get decent buffs from your WvW server.

The megaserver system has made you able to reap benefits from your guild no matter what server you are in (as long as you’re in the same region, NA or EU) and also enables you to play along side people from other servers without the need to guest over all the time. The issue you are having (full servers) is not a direct result of the megaserver system (at least not to my knowledge or opinion).

Server population is determined by a number of things (and I don’t think the amount of people currently online in that server is one of them). The simplest way to look at it is the amount of accounts that call that server their home server. In that sense, it makes sense that the top tier servers are always full, as people tend to flock towards the winning servers more.

While this inconvenience may frustrate you, you need to understand that this is not something that Anet has full control over. If they don’t cap server populations, then you might soon see servers in the lowest tiers nearly empty while the top tier ones being over populated that you can’t even enter WvW because of the long queue.

If you want to WvW with your friends and family, either ask them to move to a less populated server or simply be patient and wait for the server to open up some space. I am not 100% sure, but I have heard that Anet does occasionally increase server caps. Otherwise, being in a different server does not impede your ability to play ANY other aspects of the game with your friends and family nor does it prevent you from contributing or benefiting from any NA guild.

Astral Projections.7320

They do occasionally adjust server caps and places do open up as people move from one server to another.

Gaile Gray: source
ArenaNet Forum Communications Team Lead
“Here’s some information on server capacity, straight from our team lead, Stephen:

1. People actually do change servers, so some Full servers become Very High just from people moving around.
2. We continuously monitor the World populations and make adjustments, but there is no scheduled update period. It depends on demand for particular worlds and how much people move around and (don’t forget) how many new players join specific worlds.
3. We frequently adjust the World population caps just before events, but that’s not guaranteed."

They have several times in the past increased capacity so that full ones become very high and so on. They seem to do this when several are full and have been so for a while, but they don’t announce ahead of time.

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

If you want to play WvW with your Family so bad, you could ALL transfer to another server that isn’t FULL. I get it ‘s not ideal, but it’s a potential solution.

Note that if you do a reverse charge against the account purchase ALL accounts purchased on the CC are likley to be PERMA banned……I’d think long and hard about doing this (not to mention it’s going to negatively effect your credit rating as you DID get the product you paid for with your card). If you seriously want to pursue a credit, do so with the Anet Support team.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

If you want to play WvW with your Family so bad, you could ALL transfer to another server that isn’t FULL. I get it ‘s not ideal, but it’s a potential solution.

Note that if you do a reverse charge against the account purchase ALL accounts purchased on the CC are likley to be PERMA banned……I’d think long and hard about doing this (not to mention it’s going to negatively effect your credit rating as you DID get the product you paid for with your card). If you seriously want to pursue a credit, do so with the Anet Support team.

I second this. It’d be much easier to move the existing account to a less populated (but still active in WvW, if that’s what you’re wanting to play together) server, and then have the new accounts join that one. Yak’s Bend, Crystal Desert, Sanctum of Rall, Darkhaven, and Gates of Madness are all “Very High” population servers. Yak’s Bend has lots of numbers in wvw, I know.

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

I bought GW2 for my husband in the spring of this year. (2014)
I had the intention of buying the game for myself and my two teenagers. I waited for a sale that happened recently, and purchased 3 more copies of the game. Now, we are unable to get into the TC server. I don’t care about WvW, but IF i did i would want to play with my friends and family, and the guild to which they all belong. The one i planned on joining. I am a Role Player. I don’t want to join another server. I want to be on the TC server. I spent the last week trying to get in. It is FULL. I made a rotation shift schedule and we checked it every 15 minutes for 72 hours straight Mid week. When I bought the game for my husband this was not an issue, had I know this was going to be the case, I would not have purchased 3 more copies of the game. I can’t afford to buy transfers for all of us, that’s why i had to wait for the game to go on sale. I submitted a ticket, i have heard nothing back. I don’t blame my husband for not wanting to switch to a different server, Toast is awesome and everyone we know is there. I blame Anet for mismanaging the server system. A few months ago there was a low population server crisis, now you CAN"T get in?
I want my money back. If i can’t play, why should I PAY?
What is the point of this? Am i the only person who thinks the new Mega Server system isn’t worth the issues it causes? What am I supposed to do here?

nothing. there’s nothing you can do.

Are you Shpongled?

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Note that Yak’s has been promoted into the Gold Tier for the first time this week (after winning NA 2014 Fall Silver Tier).

WvW is going to be much different there.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Someone did explain to the OP that the mega server system has absolutely nothing to do with a server being full, right? Mega-server only affects instanced map populations. Its a virtual thing, not a physical thing. A server being full has to do with the number of physical accounts tied to that server. To get onto such a server, Anet either has to raise the cap or you have to get lucky enough to catch an opening if someone physically transfers their account to a different server.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

Go now while everything is Very High!

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: Sweetblue Huntress.9856

Sweetblue Huntress.9856

If it helps any, I’m not on TC and was able to find plenty of roleplayers without having any rp friends or guild. Since you would have both, I’m willing to bet you won’t have a problem at all.

Leta Lorelei – Luwythea – Too many more to name
Jade Quarry