The Best Way To Make Money At Level 80?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

Q:

Plinx farming?
Black Lion?
Crafting cheap golds and then breaking them for the ectoplasms?

I’m tired of going up and down this financial rollercoaster trying to get my Exotic (and eventually Ascended.. sigh) gear set and weapons I want ect. I was curious as to how those people with 40+ gold make there cash.

I know “you gotta spend money to make money,” but I wanna start investing properly and any advice would be appreciated.

Posted by: ArcTheFallen.7682

ArcTheFallen.7682

If you enjoy dungeons, doing ac exp can get you about 1g for all 3 runs let alone the tokens and extra goodie bags they drop now. Use tokens to get exotics and either use them or salvage them for ectos and make even more money. Plinx is okay, you may need to find an alternative route while it’s on cool-down. Black Lion is like stocks, gotta keep up to date about new releases and craftables to know which items will spike when recipes are released.

/edit
most people know how to run ac exp pretty well, but if you are new to it i can show you the ropes…and done well you can get 3 paths done in 1 hour or so

[VZ] Sky Avalon – Guardian (Main)
Master of all Professions
sPvP Rank Dragon – 8 Champ Titles – Ruby Division

(edited by ArcTheFallen.7682)

Posted by: Glitch.6849

Glitch.6849

I’ve made quite a bit of money and haven’t even hit lvl 80 yet.

Flipping TP is always an option: This does require close management of the market trend though. Flipping dyes is the usual, I managed to take advantage of the mass bot ban leading to dye price inflation. Making at least 1g per dye bought all the big dyes which rocketed.

Farming Orr: Boring but reliable but oh so boring

Fractals: Surprisingly fairly good. You can get some of the rarer mats from there.

Regular dungeons: This can be hit and miss at times. The higher leveled dungeons you can get rares etc. salvage for etcos etc. This depends on the team. Could be good or bad.

Node farming: Ori. Ores and Gold ore is always a good bet.

Don’t know much else.

edit: To Arc’s response you can run AC very quickly. The cash reward maybe higher than the other dungeons but they do not have a very higher chance for better goodies from what I have discussed.

(edited by Glitch.6849)

Chaos Archangel.5071

If you enjoy dungeons, doing ac exp can get you about 1g for all 3 runs let alone the tokens and extra goodie bags they drop now. Use tokens to get exotics and either use them or salvage them for ectos and make even more money. Plinx is okay, you may need to find an alternative route while it’s on cool-down. Black Lion is like stocks, gotta keep up to date about new releases and craftables to know which items will spike when recipes are released.

/edit
most people know how to run ac exp pretty well, but if you are new to it i can show you the ropes…and done well you can get 3 paths done in 1 hour or so

I’d really appreciate that. I’m not big on dungeons and AC I’ve only done for Story. Also, on the topic of ectos, know any expedited way of acquiring them besides purchasing?

I’ve made quite a bit of money and haven’t even hit lvl 80 yet.

Flipping TP is always an option: This does require close management of the market trend though. Flipping dyes is the usual, I managed to take advantage of the mass bot ban leading to dye price inflation. Making at least 1g per dye bought all the big dyes which rocketed.

Farming Orr: Boring but reliable but oh so boring

Fractals: Surprisingly fairly good. You can get some of the rarer mats from there.

Regular dungeons: This can be hit and miss at times. The higher leveled dungeons you can get rares etc. salvage for etcos etc. This depends on the team. Could be good or bad.

Node farming: Ori. Ores and Gold ore is always a good bet.

Don’t know much else.

edit: To Arc’s response you can run AC very quickly. The cash reward maybe higher than the other dungeons but they do not have a very higher chance for better goodies from what I have discussed.

Actually haven’t tried Fractals yet, but I’ll give it a shot.

As far as farming Orr.. what exactly do you do there? I’m lost besides Plinx, mats, and the cathedrals.

.. and I had no idea gold veins had worth. I gotta try that.

Btw, is Magic Find actually worth the effort of getting a whole second gear set?

Posted by: DEKeyzToChaos.7381

DEKeyzToChaos.7381

I’d really appreciate that. I’m not big on dungeons and AC I’ve only done for Story. Also, on the topic of ectos, know any expedited way of acquiring them besides purchasing?

Also, you could use http://gw2lfg.com/ to try to find groups to run dungeons. Salvage level 74(?)+ Rares and Exotics for a chance at ectos. Current theory is that Fine and Journeyman kits are just fine for this unless you want the Sigil/Rune equipped. On the other hand, you can also sell those rares and exotics for more money and just buy ectos if you don’t like gambling.

Btw, is Magic Find actually worth the effort of getting a whole second gear set?

Depends on who you ask. I have a set of green MF gear for when I’m exploring low level areas just to feel like I’m getting more out of it. I haven’t done any research, but I think it’s more cost effective to make/buy MF food.

Posted by: Glitch.6849

Glitch.6849

Mining Ores can be a slow process. Yea, not sure if it’s changed but gold is in regular demand due to jewelers it always seems to sell fairly quickly for me and for a reasonable price. For most profit/time go with Ori Ores as many crafters are after the high end ore now,

Yea Orr farming is probably pretty much what you do now. Go for the chain events but tag every single mob you can. Only really works if you’re with multiple people otherwise you get stomped. After that you have lots of drops.

Yea try Fractals as if I recall correctly you may have a chance of an Ascended Drop too in the higher Tiers.

Yea like DEK said Magic Find increases the chance of better drops but only for drops it does not effect chests. Also folks are debating whether anything over 100%MF changes anything. I’m not sure as I do not use MF and have not much problem picking up regular rares. I guess GW has been good to me, :P

Chaos Archangel.5071

Hey thanks for the website link, I definitely did not know about that!

Mining Ores can be a slow process. Yea, not sure if it’s changed but gold is in regular demand due to jewelers it always seems to sell fairly quickly for me and for a reasonable price. For most profit/time go with Ori Ores as many crafters are after the high end ore now,

Yea Orr farming is probably pretty much what you do now. Go for the chain events but tag every single mob you can. Only really works if you’re with multiple people otherwise you get stomped. After that you have lots of drops.

Yea try Fractals as if I recall correctly you may have a chance of an Ascended Drop too in the higher Tiers.

Yea like DEK said Magic Find increases the chance of better drops but only for drops it does not effect chests. Also folks are debating whether anything over 100%MF changes anything. I’m not sure as I do not use MF and have not much problem picking up regular rares. I guess GW has been good to me, :P

Which reminds me of something I’ve been curious about. It really feels as if you get more drops from being in a party, even if it’s just a party of 2. Can anyone confirm this?

Posted by: ArcTheFallen.7682

ArcTheFallen.7682

Hey thanks for the website link, I definitely did not know about that!

Which reminds me of something I’ve been curious about. It really feels as if you get more drops from being in a party, even if it’s just a party of 2. Can anyone confirm this?

I’ll add you to my friends list and shoot you a whisp whenever I do some ac exp. I’ll make sure to go on my guardian and get some friends so we don’t end up with crazy elitists lol. Also, partying with friends do not give you more drops, but it does give you more kill credit. In the case of a zergfest, it could give you more drops due to better kill credit. Because if you hit 5% of an enemy while maybe 10 other ppl hit the other 95% you won’t get xp, let alone loot, but if you have party members, their damage to the enemy reflects your damage (if you tag the enemy at least).

[VZ] Sky Avalon – Guardian (Main)
Master of all Professions
sPvP Rank Dragon – 8 Champ Titles – Ruby Division

Posted by: Alk Trio Fan.6357

Alk Trio Fan.6357

Well, the first Guild Wars had what was known as ‘Loot scaling’ which meant that the bigger your party, the more loot you get. There’s every chance that there is indeed loot scaling in this game as well. I think that it very well may take affect as I will hit the same number of mobs in a party as outside of it and I easily get 3-4x the number of drops when in a five man party.

As for magic find, it doesn’t increase the number of drops however it does increase the chance of the drops becoming a higher tier. If you’re interested in purchasing a MF set, purchase a masterwork set, before runes it comes to less than 1g for the whole set and offers only 5% less (6% if you have a jewel in your back slot) than a full exotic set. Yeah there is a stat drop elsewhere but everything in the world can easily be done in a masterwork set, I just wouldn’t advise it in a dungeon!