The class to use in PVE, DUNGEONS and WvWvW ?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Yusei.1370

Yusei.1370

Q:

Hi guys, I want to make a character that can do good amount of dmg and can survive hell lot of dmg cause i am a new player. My main goal is to do PVE and Dungeons and to look kitten with good gears. After maybe doing those i will switch to WvWvW. So can u guys suggest me which class to play ? thx guys and lookin forward.

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

Hi Yusei,

Considering your question I suspect you have played mmo’s in the past. So I’m going to say something very blunt and direct:

Forget everything you know!!

Any profession can do that, but there are some subtle differences.

Warrior + ranger: By far the easiest classes to play.
Pro: Smash your head on the keyboard and win (well ok not that easy, but compared to other classes).
Cons: It is hard to excell, meaning once you hit the max abillity, you don’’t find challanges to become even better.

Guardian: Very good at support and survivabillity, can do nice damage.
Pro: Although there is no healer class, this comes closest.
Cons: People thing of it as a caster healer. It is a frotnline class

Elementalist:
Pro: Huge damage – nuker.
Cons: can die in the blink of an eye, very low survivability and very hard to play (and remember there are no tanks or healers to protect you, so you have to survive on your own)

Mesmer – Necromancer – Engineer
I take these together, cause all three are summoners. There are crucial difference, but look those up on the wiki. In the end all three have a good balance between damage and survivability.

Thief: Huge damage, low survivability. They are hit and run type of gameplay.

In the end the best advise I can give is to play the game and try out different classes. Play them all till like level 15.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Posted by: Rok.5260

Rok.5260

In my honest opinion the number 1 profession atm is Mesmer. It’s not that great in PvE until you reach level 40 but once you get to 80, people in Dungeons would dance in joy if you join their group. Mesmers have good melee and ranged weapons, and they can go Invis! In WvW, Mesmers can roam and easily solo camps.

Posted by: Budchgon.2108

Budchgon.2108

Imho – Berzerk gs warrior for pve/dungeons
D/D ellie, Mesmer, Guardian for wvw
I don’t spvp

Lyssia Iceblood of Gandara – I sometimes win… but not often :-(

Posted by: DreamyAbaddon.3265

DreamyAbaddon.3265

ALL professions are 100% useful in everything you do. It’s how you play them that determines their usefulness.

The Best Profession is the Profession you enjoy the most and the profession you play best in!

If you are new to the game, I highly recommend you check this video out to learn how GW2’s Combat mechanics function:

NEXT, you want to watch this video to get an idea of how each Professions fight in combat. You can use this as a (Guide) to help you decide which professions you like trying next based on your style of playing:

Once you finish watching the 2 videos above, you can also check out my written (Guide) which explains in full details on how Armor/Traits/Combat system works if you like here:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/players/GW2-Combat-system-101-Guide/first

I hope this helps you find the profession you are looking for =)

(edited by DreamyAbaddon.3265)

Posted by: wouw.5837

wouw.5837

Berserker GS warrior is useful in dungeons, tho I still prefere THiefs, Eles in general pve/PvP, Thiefs get mobs down superfast and can stealth tho get skillpoints ( really usefull in Orr!) Eles are just great in alot of situations. I suggest make a class you like (general PvE) and a warrior for dungeons.

Elona is Love, Elona is life.

Posted by: killeraled.1950

killeraled.1950

rangers and ele are good for defence. warrior and theif are good attack. this is what i think

i am a hunter you don’t see me, you just die