Vastly underleveled?

Vastly underleveled?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Snowolf.3190

Snowolf.3190

First time playing this game, been about 3 days so far and i am enjoying it a lot.. except for the fact that i feel GREATLY underleveled, on a warrior class i 100%‘d Queensdale, did atleast 10+ events including the swamp battle, did all the personal quests up to the next zone it takes you to… and im level 15, get ~4 hit by the mobs im fighting 17+ (as you would expect that level as the zone is 17-25 or something).
So i figured.. yup.. something is wrong here, started a mesmer, got level 5, essentially the exact same thing is happening(done all personal quests up to reccomended level 7), im up to the level 8 <3’s, collected every poi etc along the way, did every event i came across, and again, im getting 2 hit. Is there actually something im missing? Or do i simply have to spend hours just killing monsters to catch up?

Vastly underleveled?

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

That’s why I make a point of clearing a second starter zone with my alts.

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

Vastly underleveled?

Posted by: Yramrag.3026

Yramrag.3026

You can try to level up a few more in another race’s starting zone. That way you will still be able to fight mobs that are level 1 to 10.

Also, don’t forget you can dodge, run away, etc.

Vastly underleveled?

Posted by: Odin.1354

Odin.1354

As the reply above brings up, there is always other races starting zones which you can reach by going through the asura gate in divinity’s reach, you will get to lions arch by some other gates which al lead to another races starting zone!

Also there is maximizing your current build, get gear that matches your current level and make your you put everything to max out either damage/survivability/etc/etc as long as you focus on a certain thing and play by that..

-Gunnar’s Hold-

Vastly underleveled?

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

I didn’t have that problem, but I played with a friend in a group of 2.

What you can easily do is explore Divinity’s Reach – the points of interest, vistas and so forth all give good exp upon first discovery. Then there are a handful more cities that do the same AND give you access to all the other low level maps.

Vastly underleveled?

Posted by: Sacrai.6280

Sacrai.6280

As I don’t see it mentioned here, I might as well add that crafting gives a good experience boost and can help you keep up with your gear.

[LAGS] Sacraï – Roche de l’Augure[FR]

Vastly underleveled?

Posted by: ExTribble.7108

ExTribble.7108

Also be sure to upgrade your gear periodically. If you’re wearing low leveled gear, when you get scaled down in level you will sometimes be weaker than a person who is naturally at that level. When leveling my alts, I stuck to upgrading everything every 2-3 levels, buying blues off the TP since when you resell them to the merch the cost is practically nothing.

“Any lump can hack bad guys to death, but it takes skill
and style to turn them into craters and dust.” -Tonn
Number-crunching for ecto salvages – periodically updated

Vastly underleveled?

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

Actually, the Kessex Hills are not that hard.
The problem, I often have, when coming from Queensdale(had 2 characters die once shortly after entering the map already, my ranger made it, tho) with a lev 17 characters, is the bandits right next to the portal where you enter the map: There’s a couple of them, which can lay down some serious conditions on you.
Have some condition removal(note, one of them will put a whole bar of conditions on you in a single attack, so single cr is no good, at the very least use Mend) at hand, have level 15 gear and craft/buy some rings and trinkets and you will be good to go. up to lev 20 armor once you hit lev 20 and you should be able to complete the area without problems.

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.

(edited by naphack.9346)

Vastly underleveled?

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

First time playing this game, been about 3 days so far and i am enjoying it a lot.. except for the fact that i feel GREATLY underleveled, on a warrior class i 100%‘d Queensdale, did atleast 10+ events including the swamp battle, did all the personal quests up to the next zone it takes you to… and im level 15, get ~4 hit by the mobs im fighting 17+ (as you would expect that level as the zone is 17-25 or something).
So i figured.. yup.. something is wrong here, started a mesmer, got level 5, essentially the exact same thing is happening(done all personal quests up to reccomended level 7), im up to the level 8 <3’s, collected every poi etc along the way, did every event i came across, and again, im getting 2 hit. Is there actually something im missing? Or do i simply have to spend hours just killing monsters to catch up?

My system is that I map my starter city and starter area, do the daily quest, then go to Lion’s arch and map Lion’s arch, then I map all of the other starter cities, then choose one of the other starter areas to complete or if my level is high enough go back to the next area for my race. You can always go back to other starter areas to map whenever you want to level up a bit more.

Oh and be sure and harvest everything, revive people, and even if you don’t want to be a crafter start some crafting profession that will refine something like copper ore, you can use that for the crafting daily task when it comes up.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

(edited by Katz.5143)

Vastly underleveled?

Posted by: Saulius.8430

Saulius.8430

alternative options:
a) staying in same area and repeating dynamic events
b) going to other started areas (1-15lvl)
c) exploring main cities (LA + each race city)
d) WvW
e) crafting (just doing 0-25 for couple professions would be enough to level a bit)

kill all ze thingz