What is the fastest way to lvl?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: longshot.1397

longshot.1397

I have an 80 guard, ele and necro. All have map completion. I wastest my birthdays trying classes out. Didnt like em so im building a warrior. Im too lazy and not looking forward to lvlling thru hearts n stuff like I did b4. Grinding the trains is boring too.

it was a long time ag I lvlled, so questions..
fastest way to lvl warrior?
Can I use my 200 odd skill point scroll to give him all the skills from the start?

Thanx

Posted by: Rasimir.6239

Rasimir.6239

Just explore the easy stuff. Go from map to map unlocking all waypoints, pois, vistas and easy skill challenges. Participate in all events you come across. Ignore the hearts unless they fill themselves from doing events. Experience adds up quickly and painlessly that way, and should bring you to level 80 at roughly 30% world exploration.

Posted by: JCROY.5730

JCROY.5730

Can I use my 200 odd skill point scroll to give him all the skills from the start?

Thanx

Ow yes you can Helps significantly

“see cow, grab bundle, feed cow?”

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

If you have gold, crafting is by far the fastest way to level. You cannot get to 80 by crafting alone, but just by leveling a few crafts to 400 will cut down the time leveling immensely.

One – Piken Square

Posted by: Shyhalu.4891

Shyhalu.4891

How much does this cost approximately?

Posted by: marionimous.5961

marionimous.5961

Umm okay leveling in GW2 is fairly easy. Nearly all the things you do on the game (even the little ones) nets you with experience. From gathering, slaying mobs, gathering, helping capturing objectives in WvW, it all nets you experience.

The best way to level up – take note that this is my way of leveling up a new toon of mine.

First create a character, your starting area will be different for each race you pick. Now try to finish the first two hearts of that starting map then port to PvP. From there, go on the portal in front of you leading to Lion’s Arch. After porting, you will see a bunch of portal icons on the mini map, go to the south right group of portals. There will be portals leading to each major city of each race. Pick one then from there go to the starting area of that city then finish hearts, then go back to your own and finish your map.

Do this to all 5 starting areas and you will be like level 35 to 40 or if you are really active then you might get to 60 without you noticing. Gather, Craft, Finish heart quests, finish story quest, participate in dynamic events and you will be level 80 in no time. Believe me it is so easy.

Cthutulu – Guardian
Ground ZërO [ZërO]
Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Esmee.1067

Esmee.1067

http://www.gw2crafts.net/total.html

I’d try to level in an envoirment you enjoy.
- Do you enjoy WvW? Join an Edge of the Mist zerg (easily nets me a couple a levels a night due to how many events you do.) Or even a good WvW-zerg (less rewarding in my experience, but if you enjoy it, nice!)
- Do you enjoy Dungeons? Set up low-level Dungeon groups with your guild (or do them on your 80 and relog at the end, make sure you didn’t open.) You can try this with PuGs aswell.
- Definitly do the cheap crafts, almost anyone can make 3g quicker than 7 levels, so definitly do cooking, food also can be nice whilst leveling. For me it’s also been worthwhile to do Artificer and Jewelcrafting aswell. The more expensive ones are worth it if you haven’t got them covered yet. Only you can decide when it’s worth it or not. 1-400 gives 7 levels, 400-500 the other 3. Crafting Boosters increase the crafting experience, not the actual experience, but thus reduces the materials needed and thus the price.

If neither of this is your thing, you will be stuck with a mix of Exploration and Personal story I fear. What-ever you do, I do recommend running around to get vital waypoints. Dungeon Entrances, World Bosses, Guild-mission area’s and such. Warrior is one of the fastest classes with perma-swiftness (Warhorn + Signet of Fury, once traited) and loads of ‘Leaps’ (Bull’s Charge (900) Savage Leap (600) Whirlwild Attack (450) and Rush (1200)) making it a worthwhile time-investment for just the XP aswell. Never ignore Mobility, I often sacrifice a few traits, or weapons or utilities to get around quicker. Warrior has the best options in my opinion.

It greatly helps to unlock damage-increasing abilities and trait towards damage to make everything go a bit faster. +10 Power runes (6 different ones) greatly help aswell for that few copper. Remember to use Cheap Food and Oils/Stones for the experience bonus aswell. Rice Balls are 49 Karma for 25x 10 Minutes of food and most low-level Oils/Stones are cheap since people used them to level their craft. +20% experience per kill is worth a few copper, any bonusses they give like power is nice aswell.

I’m leveling my second Warrior currently and I ran 2 set-ups depending on level:
The early levels with points in Strenght until the new Manual. Bulls Charge for Mobility, same as the weapons, Signet with the Arms trait for damage. Since what-ever you do, 50% of the time you’re moving around. (That should not yet have Signet of Fury unlocked, my bad.)
The midlevels Remember to pick up your Banner after combat for Inspire and Sprint. More focussed on Damage than just mobility. I kept a Warhorn if I needed to move around a lot. As you see I sacrficed mobility for more Damage, I felt mobs survived a bit longer and maps got more filled with them. For Edge of the Mist I still ran Sword/Warhorn for the mobility since I wanted a Hammer for Earthshaker in PvP-fights.

(edited by Esmee.1067)

Posted by: Zandock.7912

Zandock.7912

- Do you enjoy WvW? Join an Edge of the Mist zerg (easily nets me a couple a levels a night due to how many events you do.) Or even a good WvW-zerg (less rewarding in my experience, but if you enjoy it, nice!)
- Do you enjoy Dungeons? Set up low-level Dungeon groups with your guild (or do them on your 80 and relog at the end, make sure you didn’t open.) You can try this with PuGs aswell.
- Definitly do the cheap crafts, almost anyone can make 3g quicker than 7 levels, so definitly do cooking, food also can be nice whilst leveling. For me it’s also been worthwhile to do Artificer and Jewelcrafting aswell. The more expensive ones are worth it if you haven’t got them covered yet. Only you can decide when it’s worth it or not. 1-400 gives 7 levels, 400-500 the other 3. Crafting Boosters increase the crafting experience, not the actual experience, but thus reduces the materials needed and thus the price.

If neither of this is your thing, you will be stuck with a mix of Exploration and Personal story I fear. What-ever you do, I do recommend running around to get vital waypoints. Dungeon Entrances, World Bosses, Guild-mission area’s and such. Warrior is one of the fastest classes with perma-swiftness (Warhorn + Signet of Fury, once traited) and loads of ‘Leaps’ (Bull’s Charge (900) Savage Leap (600) Whirlwild Attack (450) and Rush (1200)) making it a worthwhile time-investment for just the XP aswell. Never ignore Mobility, I often sacrifice a few traits, or weapons or utilities to get around quicker. Warrior has the best options in my opinion.

It greatly helps to unlock damage-increasing abilities and trait towards damage to make everything go a bit faster. +10 Power runes (6 different ones) greatly help aswell for that few copper. Remember to use Cheap Food and Oils/Stones for the experience bonus aswell. Rice Balls are 49 Karma for 25x 10 Minutes of food and most low-level Oils/Stones are cheap since people used them to level their craft. +20% experience per kill is worth a few copper, any bonusses they give like power is nice aswell.

I’m leveling my second Warrior currently and I ran 2 set-ups depending on level:
The early levels with points in Strenght until the new Manual. Bulls Charge for Mobility, same as the weapons, Signet with the Arms trait for damage. Since what-ever you do, 50% of the time you’re moving around. (That should not yet have Signet of Fury unlocked, my bad.)
The midlevels Remember to pick up your Banner after combat for Inspire and Sprint. More focussed on Damage than just mobility. I kept a Warhorn if I needed to move around a lot. As you see I sacrficed mobility for more Damage, I felt mobs survived a bit longer and maps got more filled with them. For Edge of the Mist I still ran Sword/Warhorn for the mobility since I wanted a Hammer for Earthshaker in PvP-fights.

Why take Warrior’s Sprint when you have perma swiftness. They don’t stack, do they?

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Why take Warrior’s Sprint when you have perma swiftness. They don’t stack, do they?

Don’t have to waste time with Warhorn in leveling if you take the sprint. It’s pretty much useless while leveling except the speed boost. Much rather take an OH axe or mace.

One – Piken Square

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

I find Edge of the Mists to be excellent for levelling. You get levels pretty fast in the karma train and you get champ bags and WXP at the same time. It is especially awesome while levelling since you will get champ loot appropriate to your level and can salvage the gear from it for much-coveted low-middle tier crafting mats. And the WXP will go to the common pool come 15th, so it’s win all around!