Where to find Hot Stones?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: rabidsmiles.5926

rabidsmiles.5926

I checked the wiki for this and it just says veteran destroyer troll/harpy/crab but only in a JP spawn event thing or in Kessex hills but none of the veteran destroyers in the Cereboth Canyon I have killed there drop it. So, was hoping someone could help me get my Honorary Skritt title by telling me where they got the the hot stone to drop?

Posted by: clarkcd.6532

clarkcd.6532

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

It really needs to drop in more places.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: MarkusParkus.8467

MarkusParkus.8467

Furious Scumbag, Raging Scumbag & Geologist Greywind
[NOX] & [Coma] – Gunnar’s Hold.

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Yeah, didn’t have much luck in there when I tried it. So instead a couple norn and I just sort of traded around kills in Winterthaw.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

rabidsmiles.5926

I am pretty sure I mentioned that I looked it up on the wiki, not a newbie here guys. I was hoping the stupid things dropped someplace else, but it looks like I am going to have to deal with that kitten Jumping Puzzle after all. Wiki says the event spawns when someone sets foot someplace inside. Really should put the drops else where -.-

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

The right mobs in a zone of appropriate level should drop them, maybe you were unlucky.

I had to farm earth elementals in blazeridge steppes for, I don’t know, probably thirty minutes as the trash just wouldn’t drop. It happens.

I completed my trash collection without doing any jumping puzzles ir mini-dungeons and don’t remember hot stones giving me any grief.

Rng?

Posted by: Batdogi.7142

Batdogi.7142

I decided after looking at the needed items to just let them gather as they happen. When I’m down to 1 or 2 I’ll do the jump puzzles

/misread the title. Thought they’d added “hot scones”

“Because a thing seems difficult for you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish.”
? Marcus Aurelius Antoninus

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

There is no need to go to the Sector Zuhl. The Embers at Sunken Halls of Clarent will also drop these. They are just across the bridge from Bloodfin Lake Waypoint in Iron Marches.

Khisanth.2948

I decided after looking at the needed items to just let them gather as they happen. When I’m down to 1 or 2 I’ll do the jump puzzles

/misread the title. Thought they’d added “hot scones”

That is probably how it was intended to be done but I took a look and I knew that many of those drops are going to be in places I am very unlikely to ever visit again. It was a fun test of “how much of the world do you remember?”.

rabidsmiles.5926

There is no need to go to the Sector Zuhl. The Embers at Sunken Halls of Clarent will also drop these. They are just across the bridge from Bloodfin Lake Waypoint in Iron Marches.

Thank you! I was hoping they dropped someplace else…the wiki needs really be updated

Posted by: clarkcd.6532

clarkcd.6532

You said you were farming them in Kessex Hills and a JP when Dulfy expressly says Lornar’s Pass. I provided the link for you and others that might not have seen it. Glad you got it regardless of where you got it.

The thing about Dulfy is she says A place to get them, not THE place. I don’t know if she has any plans to make a list of every location that drops them or not.

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Thank you! I was hoping they dropped someplace else…the wiki needs really be updated

Not many people were bothering to update trash drops . . . I hope more people add details soon.

Khisanth.2948

Not many people were bothering to update trash drops . . . I hope more people add details soon.

They are mostly predictable based on their fine crafting materials drops. The tricky ones are needles/barbs/spikes and the patch of fur.

Tobias Trueflight.8350

They are mostly predictable based on their fine crafting materials drops. The tricky ones are needles/barbs/spikes and the patch of fur.

Icebrood, devourers, both types of mobs tend to drop the Needles line of trash. Also, NPC defenders/guards in WvW will drop them too. Weird.

Grawl drop fur, not . . . as I thought . . . animals. ANIMALS drop claws or fangs, sometimes both.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Boars will sometimes drop Fur, but it’s mixed in with Hooves, so they’re not an optimal farming target. I concur that Grawl are the best targets for Fur.

Khisanth.2948

Icebrood, devourers, both types of mobs tend to drop the Needles line of trash. Also, NPC defenders/guards in WvW will drop them too. Weird.

Grawl drop fur, not . . . as I thought . . . animals. ANIMALS drop claws or fangs, sometimes both.

I already finished it a couple days ago. :p

Had to go into TA story mode for the barbs. The defenders and guards would probably give spikes.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Fractals and dungeons are actually also a nice way to get these. I grabbed a lot of the T3 junk items (feels so weird typing that!) by doing a Fractals run and a couple of dungeons over the weekend.

Tobias Trueflight.8350

I did wurms for barbs and gunk (Goo, goop, gloop)

Posted by: jackaljag.8637

jackaljag.8637

Got barbs from Sons of Svanir in Dredgehaunt myself, then took the opportunity to update the wiki :P (nudge nudge hint hint)

Joran Blackgear – Engineer – EU | Juras Blackpowder – Engineer – NA

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Boars will sometimes drop Fur, but it’s mixed in with Hooves, so they’re not an optimal farming target. I concur that Grawl are the best targets for Fur.

Also bears.