acquiring level 80 gear

acquiring level 80 gear

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Drizty.3872

Drizty.3872

So i just hit 80 and i have 80k karma but i am so confused on how to gear for level 80.

I read posts that say all level 80 gear is the same? – I’ve already crafted some level 80 green gear with silk but there is a tier above silk that i haven’t even used ( gosemer ? ) does this actually has the same stats as the T3 culture armors / weapons?

If this isn’t true should i buy the culture T3 gear? or should i wait till we down one of the bosses in Orr and purchase karma gear from the vendors that spawn? – is there a difference between these armors?

At the moment i am extremely lost any help would be appreciated thank you

acquiring level 80 gear

Posted by: snaplemouton.1294

snaplemouton.1294

As far as I know, anything that is Exotic (orange name) level 80 all have the same amount of stats and there is nothing better but legendaries.
You can buy exotic level 80 from Orr. At every god temple, there is zone final events where if you win, a vendor spawn with theses items for 42k karma a piece.
Other then that, you can craft them or buy them from trading post.

acquiring level 80 gear

Drizty.3872

so the exotic gear from Orr are better then the T3 culture sets in the main city?

acquiring level 80 gear

Posted by: snaplemouton.1294

snaplemouton.1294

Arn’t the T3 only rare? (Yellow names) If yes then yeah they are better.
The cultural armor is bought with gold not karma anyways. And you can’t buy weapons from Orr. While the cultural weapons cost karma.
So basically
Cultural armor = Rare armor bought with gold.
Cultural weapon = Rare weapon bought with karma.
Orr armor = Exotic armor bought with karma.
Exotic weapon??? Except from crafting I dunno where to find them.

(edited by snaplemouton.1294)

acquiring level 80 gear

Posted by: Stryker.9632

Stryker.9632

the orr sets cost less Karma and are gold (exotic, so the best in the game)

acquiring level 80 gear

Posted by: watter.5170

watter.5170

All lvl 80 gear is the ‘same’ as in the same stat spectrum (say, 90 / 64/ 64 for 1h wep). What differs is the actual stats and the looks. There are 10+ lvl 80 exotic 1h swords, all with same dmg (960-1010 i belive), but they have diff stats. power/pre/crit, power/condi/vit, etc.

This same rule applies for all lvl 80 gear. Same base stat (defence / damage) and amount of stats given, but different variations of stats. The key is to pick the ones that suit your playstyle the best.

[TBH]Watter
The Brotherhood – Warlord

acquiring level 80 gear

Posted by: Stryker.9632

Stryker.9632

watter is wrong all level 80 green gear is the same as other green, and blue is the same as blue, but yellow and than gold are above the others.
Once you hit your gold set though, well….. i hope you have other goals my friend

acquiring level 80 gear

Drizty.3872

thank you very much all of you! makes so much more sense now