best way to obtain luck?

best way to obtain luck?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Nausiation.1469

Nausiation.1469

Hello, I am a level 48 and I have 22% luck. I was wondering what is a good way to get more luck? I found out you get essence of luck through the wintersday boxes. would spending all of my glory on large wintersday boxes then opening them for luck be a good idea? thanks.

best way to obtain luck?

Posted by: LittleLepton.8915

LittleLepton.8915

I salvaged a bunch of ectoplasm but that’s expensive. Salvage a ton of blue and green gear, that will give you luck.

You don’t know me.

#LilithFan#1

best way to obtain luck?

Posted by: Kupper.8074

Kupper.8074

I would finish leveling to 80. Sell all the light armor you get along the way. Salvage the rest. At 80, either jump on a champ train or event mega bosses. I wouldn’t worry too much about lucky at lv 48.

JQ – The ‘veggie’ Knight
Berserker = Skilled http://i.imgur.com/g1rkIub.jpg
Never forget – http://i.imgur.com/Oxra9sj.jpg

best way to obtain luck?

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

The best way to get it is by salvaging blue and green gear.

You get a lot as drops, and can also make them using crafting professions (except chef) or buy them from the Trading Post.

But before you spend too much time, effort or gold on raising your luck I recommend you read up on Magic Find and exactly what it does. The effects are more limited and in some cases less desirable than many people expect and it may not actually be worth the effort for you.

This page is a good start: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Magic_Find

In particular these two quotes: “Magic Find is both an account bonus and a character attribute that increases the chance to receive higher-quality loot from slain foes; it does not affect containers, chests, or any other source of loot.”

“Everytime you kill a monster you roll on a number of tables, inside these tables are different rarity categories. Magic find increases the chances you will get higher categories. For example if there is a 1 in 10 category, and you have 200% magic find you will have 3/10 chances to get that category. This improves not just the rarity of the items you get but can also improve your chances at getting trophies and rare crafting materials like lodestones.”

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

best way to obtain luck?

Posted by: Ronix.7904

Ronix.7904

I always run with Master Salvage Kits and usually get luck on each salvage in addition to crafting mats. I am up to 55% now with a level 55, level 48 and level 23 characters. I typically salvage most items that are not a significant upgrade to my current gear and only sell items that give me more than 3 or 4 silver.

best way to obtain luck?

Posted by: Contiguous.1345

Contiguous.1345

I have 48% magic find. In my experience, salvaging appears to be an utter waste of gold. Even using Black Lion kits I almost never salvage anything worth as much as even vendor prices.

On reading this thread I gave it another go. I bought a Master kit and salvaged a half-dozen greens, each worth about 2s plus the 60c or so for the kit use. Basically I got junk. A bit of mithril, a few logs, minor runes, sigils and some leather in all worth about 4s. That’s a loss of about 8s.
5 or 6 essence of luck also – which made no visible difference to my magic find when consumed.

End of experiment.

best way to obtain luck?

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

I buy 2 gold worth of blue light armors (level 60-80) every night and salvage them for materials and essence of luck. Re-sell the fabric mat for profit and keep the essence of luck. I use the gem store kit.

Edit: The kit is not the exotic Black Lion kit, but the automatic voice-over white (or blue?) quality one, which costs 3c /use. I save my best kit for exotic gears only

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

(edited by Iris Ng.9845)

best way to obtain luck?

Contiguous.1345

I buy 2 gold worth of blue light armors (level 60-80) every night and salvage them for materials and essence of luck. Re-sell the fabric mat for profit and keep the essence of luck. I use the gem store kit.

I don’t understand.
The gem store kit costs 300 gems – which is currently worth about 14 gold.

It has 25 uses so each blue you salvage costs at least 56 silver to process. You manage to recover more than 56s worth of materials from each blue (worth anout 1s each)?

best way to obtain luck?

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

Fastest way? Salvage ectos.

Cheapest way? Just salvage blues and greens you get while out exploring. Your MF will raise in no time. You get a lot of crafting materials also, which could be kept or sold.

Once you hit around 100% MF, it starts getting expensive to gain an additional 1% MF. All those blues and greens you are salvaging could be sold for $$.

There will come a point where you will have to decide on whether or not you want more $$ or more MF.

And the quality of the salavge kit doesn’t affect the drop rate of the essence of lucks. So always use the cheapest one when salvaging blues and greens. No need for a master or BLTC salvage kit.

best way to obtain luck?

Iris Ng.9845

I bought the gem kit with money so it wasn’t gold problem. It has unlimited uses and costs 3 c/use. Each blue or green (3s10c to 3s50c) I salvage nets me around 2 or 3 times amount of either silk, linen or gossamers. These mats are very valuable on the trading post, plus about 3,000 points of luck. Even if I don’t get profit from re-selling mats, my good magic find does improve my loots in dungeons or world boss farming.

This may not be applied to the OP case, but I find it costs less in amount of gold investment.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

best way to obtain luck?

LittleLepton.8915

I bought the gem kit with money so it wasn’t gold problem. It has unlimited uses and costs 3 c/use. Each blue or green (3s10c to 3s50c) I salvage nets me around 2 or 3 times amount of either silk, linen or gossamers. These mats are very valuable on the trading post, plus about 3,000 points of luck. Even if I don’t get profit from re-selling mats, my good magic find does improve my loots in dungeons or world boss farming.

This may not be applied to the OP case, but I find it costs less in amount of gold investment.

I think they thought you were using the black lion salvage kits.

You don’t know me.

#LilithFan#1

best way to obtain luck?

Contiguous.1345

OK – that makes more sense if you used the ‘copper fed salvage-o-matic’. (Which still costs 800 gems/money that you could have just turned into gold – about 45 gold in fact)

But still. I’ve NEVER been able to recover materials from an item worth more than TP prices. The salvage struggles to reach vendor price.

In fact, recently some of the 60c vendor price blues have been selling on the TP at up to 3 silver each. Kitten knows who’s buying them at that price but I’m more than happy to sell them.

best way to obtain luck?

Iris Ng.9845

They are for silk which is required for bolt of damask, sweet heart, and that’s why they are very expensive now. Enjoy it while it last

To me, my gold/money is well-spent in the copper fed salvage-o-matic. It’s just an essential when I have to deal with a huge influx of loots while trying to hoard crafting materials. And to consider that I have to salvage enough for thousands of luck points, the kit saves me quite a bit of gold (in waypoint, vendor, etc)

best way to obtain luck?

LittleLepton.8915

They are for silk which is required for bolt of damask, sweet heart, and that’s why they are very expensive now. Enjoy it while it last

To me, my gold/money is well-spent in the copper fed salvage-o-matic. It’s just an essential when I have to deal with a huge influx of loots while trying to hoard crafting materials. And to consider that I have to salvage enough for thousands of luck points, the kit saves me quite a bit of gold (in waypoint, vendor, etc)

Your point is valid, but your use of “sweetheart” made me cringe IRL….

I feel bad for con.

You don’t know me.

#LilithFan#1

best way to obtain luck?

Posted by: Ronix.7904

Ronix.7904

Fastest way? Salvage ectos.

Cheapest way? Just salvage blues and greens you get while out exploring. Your MF will raise in no time. You get a lot of crafting materials also, which could be kept or sold.

Once you hit around 100% MF, it starts getting expensive to gain an additional 1% MF. All those blues and greens you are salvaging could be sold for $$.

There will come a point where you will have to decide on whether or not you want more $$ or more MF.

And the quality of the salavge kit doesn’t affect the drop rate of the essence of lucks. So always use the cheapest one when salvaging blues and greens. No need for a master or BLTC salvage kit.

I did not know that about the drop rate on luck, thought it was tied to the kit quality. I’ll go back to the basic kits.

Thanks

(edited by Ronix.7904)

best way to obtain luck?

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/bltc/Copper-Fed-Salvage-O-Matic-Useless/first#post2736586

Yeah, it was confirmed by a dev about 4 months ago. The type of salvage kit does NOT affect the amount of Essence of Luck you get.

best way to obtain luck?

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

Since the update when they introduced the luck essences, I salvaged all the salvageable drops I got using the most basic 25-uses kits. I am now at 116%MF only from essences and, to me, it was well worth it since I noticed an increase in good drops – I get more rares and exotics from mobs and even got a Bard from a veteran ice ele in Snowblind Fractal. Not to mention all the mats I get from salvaging and the fact that I don’t have to worry about filling my bags and not having room for more loot when in FOTM or WvW. And the 2AP every 200 salvages are nice.

If you want to go for big MF, you might as well get the 20% MF infusion, too.

(edited by SkyFallsInThunder.8257)

best way to obtain luck?

Posted by: Sankofa Jimiyu.1567

Sankofa Jimiyu.1567

I usually just sell my golds and exotics I don’t want. I am poor and have toons to clothe. Salvaging blues and greens and then having an Artificer craft them into exotic 500 Essences of Luck is how I have gotten to 56% since account wide was released.

“Look like the innocent flower, but be the Obaba under’t.”

best way to obtain luck?

Iris Ng.9845

I feel bad for con.

Ara, I didn’t intend to sound mean. He/she seems quite serious about spending gold and profit that I just want to give him a gentle pat. I apologize to anyone who feels offended.

best way to obtain luck?

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

I feel bad for con.

Ara, I didn’t intend to sound mean. He/she seems quite serious about spending gold and profit that I just want to give him a gentle pat. I apologize to anyone who feels offended.

I’m easily bothered by the “terms of patronizing—er, endearment****” mainly just because of how many sickly sweet girls have tried that card on me when I’m just trying to have a normal conversation. (Weirdly, I’ve only had other females do this). I’m sure Con couldn’t give two kittens.

Not your fault, darling, I’m easily ruffled.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

best way to obtain luck?

Posted by: nagr.1593

nagr.1593

either troll or noob I don’t know.. more in fractions of copper. which is hardly anything.. hardly in terms of ‘gold’. I prefer Basic over Crude kits simply because it has more charges, as an example it costs 3.52c per use compared to salvage-o-matic’s 3s cost. Plus both have same return rate of any salvaged goods, luck..so I dunno why u would list that. Only benefit/difference of that would really be the infinite uses. though with say a personal merchant that means easy-access to salvage kits as well. plus its tons more useful, if u can afford it.

Arun Kar

(edited by nagr.1593)

best way to obtain luck?

Iris Ng.9845

Well, I think you miss my original post. The amount of gold investment here is in comparison between salvaging blue or green (with the unlimited salvaging kit) and salvaging ecto; the latter is much more expensive. The amounts of crafting mats, I find, can negate the cost even with buying everything from the trading post.

I highly rated the unlimited-use feature because I’ve got a lot of loots in dungeon and fractals. I often have to clear out my inventory once or twice before I leave the dungeon, so bringing more than 1 normal kit is not very helpful to me, save the merchants for wvw and boss train only. And the cost, for each use is 3c, not 3s.

best way to obtain luck?

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

I don’t know if you should worry too much about it until level 80. The luck thing wasn’t introduced until all my characters were level 80, so I can’t say if I feel I missed out or what not. Anyway, my luck has gone up to 158% because I did the Frostgorge Sound champ train quite a lot, especially while saving up mats and gold to make a legendary weapon. I salvage ALL blues and greens, and salvaged rares until I had the ecto I needed. Once I had all the ecto I needed I salvaged the ecto as well. I was going up at least 1% per day for a while there. Has it made a difference? Hard to tell, since I was farming hard. Some days I got a lot of “good” drops (exotics, lots of rares). Other days it seemed like I had no luck at all.

I suggest that at least until level 80 you just play the game. If you want to increase your MF though you could buy cheap blues and greens and salvage them. I have seen others post that they put in cheap buy orders at night for hundreds of them and then use mornings to click/salvage away and increase their luck that way. So you could do that if you really want to up it quick and have spare gold kicking around.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

best way to obtain luck?

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Stealing a 4 leaf clover from a leprechaun is the best way to get luck.