elemnetaltist needs an buff NOW

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Jay wilson.1702

Jay wilson.1702

they are super weak glass cannons with low dps compared to an ranger who has more hp and better defense AND has an pet to top it off it is like diablo 3 witch doctor all over again the barb is the warrior the dh ranger and wizzi mesmer. monk thief so if you noticed before they buffed wd in diablo 3 they were the worst class just like how an ele is in gw2.

you need to improve there dps and give them more hp AND PLEASE make me not switch elements every 6 secs. sorry i was harsh but i really like this game and i rerolled my ele to ranger i miss my asura ele but he is very weak in pve and pvp i use s/d staff sucks and trust me i seen the guides on how to play they suck compared to other powerfuly classes sorry for English

Posted by: Grimm Liberty.4206

Grimm Liberty.4206

learn to play them better… I know MANY who rule in PvP and PvE….

-Grimm Liberty

Jay wilson.1702

l2p them better LOL they suck in general compared to theifs and warriors this game needs some balance in the forc… er professions

Posted by: eladox.3457

eladox.3457

I can burn down most of my targets under 10 seconds with staff, what are you talking about?
Fireball crits for 3k
Lightining second skill crits around 4k.

Posted by: Grimm Liberty.4206

Grimm Liberty.4206

See, actually, it must be you…. because, as I have said, I know a few who faceroll people all the time…..

-Grimm Liberty

Posted by: eladox.3457

eladox.3457

Nvm he is jay wilson
obviously he has no clue =>

Posted by: evu.9081

evu.9081

Seriously, the game’s not even been out for a month and there’s so much whine. Learn to fecking play or reroll, or quit. It’s not a hard choice.

Posted by: remix.9856

remix.9856

If you’re trying to 1v1 a thief or warrior you’re doing it wrong

I have a couple friends who wreck with elementalist in PvP he plays air and sets up a lightning stun for his teammates to clean up and it’s a ridiculously sick combo.

With that said though I haven’t played an elementalist I just know at the moment they’re not very good duelists so stick with a group.

Posted by: sAdam.5876

sAdam.5876

Well about being weaker than thieves and warriors… Every class is weaker than them at the moment(especial warriors, thieves need more thought to excel in fight). Elementalist are third strongest class if I’m not wrong :P

Posted by: Efaicia.3672

Efaicia.3672

There is more than one spec for the classes. If you aren’t going to give learning something different a chance then don’t expcet things to change.

As an elementalist I find myself with attention because of burst dmg, then I end up tanking by switching to earth, dodging, reflecting and bleeding, while maintaning boons and healing for my group not to mention weaknesess and slows to make it easier. ….

maybe they are just too confusing for you and you need something a little more straight forward and obvious.

Jay wilson.1702

they need to buff there hp becuase warriors can kill two people at the same time and caster classes should be ez like rangers

Jay wilson.1702

and when will someone make an gulid called college of statics for my asura

Posted by: remix.9856

remix.9856

they need to buff there hp becuase warriors can kill two people at the same time and caster classes should be ez like rangers

Guardians have 10k base health at lvl 80

Elementalists have 15k

What were you saying about a buff to their health?

Posted by: Ronin Orca.4132

Ronin Orca.4132

they are super weak glass cannons with low dps compared to an ranger who has more hp and better defense AND has an pet to top it off it is like diablo 3 witch doctor all over again the barb is the warrior the dh ranger and wizzi mesmer. monk thief so if you noticed before they buffed wd in diablo 3 they were the worst class just like how an ele is in gw2.

you need to improve there dps and give them more hp AND PLEASE make me not switch elements every 6 secs. sorry i was harsh but i really like this game and i rerolled my ele to ranger i miss my asura ele but he is very weak in pve and pvp i use s/d staff sucks and trust me i seen the guides on how to play they suck compared to other powerfuly classes sorry for English

Seriously? I feel bad for you man, I really do…

Jay wilson.1702

Elementalists have 15k

you lied becuase i JUST tested that himmm

Posted by: sAdam.5876

sAdam.5876

About low health. Elementalist are supposed to have low health. They are scholars for Grenth sake :P Jay, you wrote that you want not to need to switch attunements but that’s what makes Elementalist special, what let them be one of the best damage dealers on battlefield.

Posted by: Killua.8041

Killua.8041

Every class are balanced. If you think your glass cannon build is weak, it’s because you didn’t make an effective one. Your stats also make a big difference. Personally for Elem I prefer going full Cleric.

O Killua O – Asura Mesmer | Killuas – Asura Engineer
Bookah Protector – Asura Guardian | Trapped Spirit – Asura Necromancer

Posted by: DeathCrayon.5802

DeathCrayon.5802

You guys don’t get it.

You need to put in so much more effort to do anything as an Ele because your skills are spread out over 4 attunements.

Also, you either go glass cannon, do okay damage, and die in half a second, or go tanky, do next to no damage, and survive a few hits.

We are also the only profession who have no immediate stomp prevention (All we have is our 3 when downed which has a 6 second delay from being downed before we can use it)

Posted by: issacTheMarker.8530

issacTheMarker.8530

You guys don’t get it.

You need to put in so much more effort to do anything as an Ele because your skills are spread out over 4 attunements.

Also, you either go glass cannon, do okay damage, and die in half a second, or go tanky, do next to no damage, and survive a few hits.

We are also the only profession who have no immediate stomp prevention (All we have is our 3 when downed which has a 6 second delay from being downed before we can use it)

I know it ridiculous. We are glass cannons we should be doing way more damage because we wear cloth. It’s a trade off. Not do less damage because we wear cloth.

Jay wilson.1702

if you guys actally played an ele you wold know what i am talking about and agree 100% with me

Posted by: HykCraft.4610

HykCraft.4610

Just from my previous 30+ years of gaming experience… since when was a MAGIC class supposed to be a tank or have a high amount of health? Stop whining. Learn to play better.

Sorrow’s Furnace US

Posted by: Musty.3148

Musty.3148

Just from my previous 30+ years of gaming experience… since when was a MAGIC class supposed to be a tank or have a high amount of health? Stop whining. Learn to play better.

When they have daggers at melee range? Duh…

Eles aren’t “Terrible” but they do need a little bit of help.

It’s not the sky is falling, but I’d say they are on the bottom of the food chain at least in PvP.

80 Elementalist/80 Mesmer/80 Guardian/80 Thief
Now Musty Britches since someone decided Shortbus Rider was offensive… [LoS] [NSP]

(edited by Musty.3148)

Posted by: Kalithro.6532

Kalithro.6532

I could care less about PVP. Elementalists are not GLASS CANNONS. Isn’t that some other MMO term?
I see many other professions doing equal amounts of damage to the Elementalist. So what is the definition of this GLASS CANNON? To do equal damage as every other profession and have very weak defenses? PLEASE

Elementalist if anything are GLASS SUPPORT with many utility skills and very weak defenses.

Posted by: choban.9027

choban.9027

Elemetalist doesn’t need any drastic buffs. It’s perfect as it is (imo). I know it’s hard to play with it, but I like things being challenging enough. In sPvP you can almost kill any other class in 1vs1, depending on both builds and skill.

As i said on some other thread, there are two things i would like to see in the future:

1. Weapon swapping in combat (like all other classes). Yes i know that we have attunements to switch, but still, it would be great to be able to switch from d/d to staff, or s/d in the middle of fight, if you need more range and cc skills.

2. Useful downed skill for interrupt. All other classes seem to have some sort of fast reaction downed skill to buy you some time, but ele doesn’t. Ele’s skill for rooting your opponent is not so useful, because they are already by your side when you’re able to use it. Mist form has a long CD, and you almost never get a chance to use it…

Response to the post above: I disagree with you. Elementalist can be very hard to kill, with lots of heals, buffs and cc skills. I’ve seen some of them kiting 3-4 other players for a minute or so in sPvP, and still not dying while doing nice DoTs and opening weaknesses for other players to finish them. I’ve never tried that build to be a support class, but as i saw, it’s possible to do lots of stuff if you know what are you doing…

(edited by choban.9027)

Posted by: Lightyears.8624

Lightyears.8624

You guys are arguing with someone who places “an” before words beginning with consonants.

Posted by: Aurein.8956

Aurein.8956

Elementalist does NOT need a buff, I believe they are fairly balanced as-is. My guess is you just bought the game, went into spvp, made a random build that made no sense in how the ele really works, and died a lot. You tried to add tons of power and expected things to die in one hit. This isn’t how the elementalist works. We get 20 skills plus util/elite. Most classes get 10. In essence, depending on a player’s skill, elementalist is actually a bit more powerful than other classes. Give it a few weeks and actually take time to look into the details of a build when you make it.

-Level 80 Elementalist, 400-400 crafting, 10+ total days of beta and release pvp experience

Posted by: choban.9027

choban.9027

@Lightyears why is that relevant? We come from all over the world, and some of us never learned English in school (including me). So that’s not a valid point if you ask me… I also make lots of mistakes, but it’s important that we understand each other

Posted by: DaedalusDragon.3754

DaedalusDragon.3754

I kind of agree. Right now it seems that Ele sacrifices a lot to get damage that is only barely equal, if not worse, than other damage built characters. My main is an ele and I am having a lot of fun, but sometimes it is discouraging to run into warriors who decimate their mobs while I’m forced to do some intricate dodges and cc for twice as long to kill them. I am built into damage as well. Don’t get me wrong, I love the challenges of switching attunements on the fly and dodging, but the damage just isn’t high enough for the sacrifice of heavier armor and more health.

Aurein.8956

@Daedalus have you tried a different type of damage? How have you built your ele? What do your traits/points look like?

Posted by: Kyouu.8602

Kyouu.8602

In my opinion elementalist are sub par with other classes (besides necro) . An elementalist winning a 1 vs 1 against an another profession who is a well experienced player (besides necro) I doubt it. An experienced player knowing how to use immobilizers will kill you in seconds.

Unless you can LoS as an elementalist in pvp, you don’t stand a chance in the open.

(edited by Kyouu.8602)

Aurein.8956

The tone in this thread is discouraging. You guys are missing the true potential of the elementalist if you feel sub par. Sure, a warrior using “for great justice!” and a build for burst only dps on his burstiest skill will kill a mob rather quickly. However, put the same warrior against a veteran mob and watch him become poisoned, immobilized, and melt. The power of the elementalist isnt about damage numbers, its about conditions. I’m sure the same warrior would not fare well while chilled, knocked down, knocked back, blinded twice, burnt, bled, and out-healed.

Posted by: DaedalusDragon.3754

DaedalusDragon.3754

I’m staff, 30/20~ (Fire/Arcane (I was air for the most part so I know a bit about Fire/Air)). At the moment I’m having a tough time with other weapon sets as they require you to be closer (thus dying easier) but the damage doesn’t outweigh the risk (which only gets worse if I take earth or water to lower the risk). I’ll take any advice someone has.

Aurein.8956

There’s most of your problem. A. you haven’t hit cap, and B. you have 0 trait points in defense. I would say C. don’t use a staff as a beginner, but that’s up to your discretion. Try dagger/dagger or scepter/dagger for a bit. reset your trait points for a silver (I think) at the trainer. Keep a majority (but not 30) in fire, then play with arcane 0-20, earth 0-20, light 0-20, and water 0-20. Look for major and minor traits that benefit your play style. For example, if I like to have running speed to kite, and I like staying in air attunement, I might get air 10 to run 35% faster and have more precision. Don’t build traits off of damage, build traits off of playstyle. Your gear should reflect your need for more defense or more power, etc. Make sure your accessories and gear all work towards the damage/survivability you want, as traits only make a minor impact in that area at 80.

Efaicia.3672

What I see here is a bunch of knee jerk reactions from people who more than likely came from rift, wow, or some such and are expecting elementalists to be the “frost”, “Fire”, or whatever mage they played there and being disapointed. Here’s a clue. I main support in almsot every game I play, and my choice for this game is Elementalist.

FYI, no Elementalist should be a “staff” elementalist. You are an elementalist with 4 sets of skills from weapons, know them all and use them all.

Posted by: Asthenea.1546

Asthenea.1546

The game is designed in that you are supposed to DODGE the hits! No one is supposed to be able to get hit, no one can tank.

Posted by: JemL.3501

JemL.3501

ele needs a buff, who ever says not has no clue or go vs pvp vs lvl 1 chars and vs lvl 1 mobs

warrior hits insane compared to ele and with more hp and even more defense

the worst thing about ele is you dont have the option to switch weapons, WHY?

I took an arrow to the knee

Aurein.8956

JemL, I have no clue, then. I’ve hit level 80 in pve, gotten first in over 100 spvp matches, led entire platoons in wvw, beat almost every dungeon in explorable mode, and fought most of the major map bosses. I can out-dps any other class and can survive longer than these glass-cannon builds that arent meant to work in GW2. And by the way, if your argument stands on an observation at level 1, you really need to play more.

Efaicia.3672

The worst thing about warriors is they don’t have an option to switch elements!/ WHYY????

Aurein.8956

I would make a guide but I’m not so eager to give away my build and have it be not so unique any more. All I will tell you is I run Earth 30 and Arcana 20 with scepter as my main hand. If you’re skilled enough to put together the rest, you’re welcome to come join the ranks of Elementalists that Faceroll.

Posted by: someshta.3809

someshta.3809

if you guys actally played an ele you wold know what i am talking about and agree 100% with me

I do agree. Anyone who is arguing simply hasn’t tried the class.

Efaicia.3672

I havent tried the class? It is my main.

A few others here also “havent tried the class”? One poster in here has shown to know more than the rest in just 3 posts. Seems you are just too blind to see, which is probably why you are having issues in the first place.

Posted by: Midgardener.6701

Midgardener.6701

I’m happily playing one. Disagreeing with absolute statements to the contrary hasn’t really changed that, regardless of the lowest common logical denominator they’re attempting to reach.

Hermits have no peer pressure.

Posted by: Lysergix.1683

Lysergix.1683

Wow. Another thread about elementalists being lackluster? I’ll copy and paste what i said in the other thread then.

Elementalists have an extremely high skillcap. We’re pretty strong right now, it just takes more work than some of the other professions. Seeing as how someone in this thread said we need weapon swapping just proves that some of you need to learn to play. I find the difficulty makes playing my ele extremely fun and challenging, I’m still improving every day. I honestly don’t think we need a buff even though it takes more work for the same reward.

I play with a staff the majority of the time. Yes, many of the skills are easily avoidable. It takes proper usage of them and combos to pull it off. I feel mobile with good damage and survivability. I don’t think buffs would make us overpowered although it may become a problem once people start mastering the class.

Could we use some buffs? Sure! Do we need them? I don’t think so, I think skill will make a bigger difference than number tweaking.

Posted by: Anlyon.8375

Anlyon.8375

Elementalists have 15k

This just got troll-ish.

Seriously Eles are fine. Read my guide … its still under construction sorry

We have bugs and some weaker skills, just like everyone else. But our damage is okay, our survivability is great, and our support is awesome.

Keep playing. You arent gunna master the ele in a few days. Heck, i’ve played ~150 hours through the betas and stress tests, and play as much as i can post release (stupid job!), and im still no master.

You have nothing to fear but Fear itself

Posted by: Vermillion Hawk.9037

Vermillion Hawk.9037

All the classes are very well balanced right about now. Sure, there needs to be some tweaks done, but it’s not like any specific profession is the “flavour of the month” or anything.

People just need to start using their heads in combat instead of sitting there and attacking mesmer illusions, or letting warriors wail on them at point blank range. Unlike in most MMOs positioning is important, so use those crippling/immobilizing skills while backpedaling and evading. Instead of immediately crying for a nerf or a buff, examine what you’re doing wrong and what you can do to improve.

Grand Master of The Knights Hospitaller [STJ]
Isle of Janthir – Sylvari Mesmer – Alexandre Le Grande

Posted by: Rolo.9248

Rolo.9248

I play ele and I’ve played my wife’s ranger and I don’t agree.

In the beginning, I felt the same way but as we progressed, I can see ele’s damage out-do the ranger’s (as it should as the ranger is more survivable). I also know that I am far from mastering ele’s capabilities and should listen more and speak less on the class. <elbow poke>

Additionally, GW2-style combat takes some getting used to, especially if you’ve been accustomed to standing still whilst casting for so many years…

The only issue I have with ele is that I wish we could swap weapons, even if it were only out of combat or a long cooldown.

Oh, and I play Witch Doctor too…loving it; I even had to Nerf my armour because it was too faceroll.

i5-2500K 4.2GHz | 8GB Mushkin DDR3-2133 | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD4, GTX580-882/2033
Crucial m4 128GB SSD (64GB SRT cache) | WD 2TB 2002FAEX | Antec Twelve Hundred
When I was your age, I could outrun a centaur…until I took an arrow to the knee

Posted by: TransparentlyOpaque.1824

TransparentlyOpaque.1824

The game is a week old. Deciding that any class is underpowered is going to take more time. Particularly with the the skill traits and set ups that you can choose.

ELE has a lot of different potentials, its not an easy class.

Posted by: Vermillion Hawk.9037

Vermillion Hawk.9037

Oh, and I play Witch Doctor too…loving it; I even had to Nerf my armour because it was too faceroll.

Don’t recall Witch Doctor being one of the professions.

Grand Master of The Knights Hospitaller [STJ]
Isle of Janthir – Sylvari Mesmer – Alexandre Le Grande

Posted by: Verge.8453

Verge.8453

use a staff, get a team, destroy all

Posted by: Fumbler.1384

Fumbler.1384

The problem is the mobility. When you strafe (or circle strafe) so that you can attack your target still, your movement speed is significantly reduced. It is very easy for any melee player to chase you down normally, and any condition that an Ele can apply can usually be negated by condition removals or the countless ways that melee can close the gap. There is no balance here because of the decreased speed you have while in combat.

This is something that WoW nailed spot on. There was a good balance of being mobile (your speed wasn’t decreased because you were strafing) and enemies having skills to close the gap on you. A very good mage was skilled at moving and strafing while employing their cc to keep the enemy at a safe distance.