hero of the people collection

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: That Guy.5704

That Guy.5704

So, I ran with the world boss train last night. I opened a bunch of various chests I got as drops including some drops from actual champs rather than world bosses (the dogs and extra centaur before Ulgoth for example), but didnt unlock or see any progress in this collection whatsoever. Do I have to unlock it somehow before progress can be made? I thought it was just unlocked when the first thing happens that counts towards it. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Hero_of_the_People

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

It may be that there is a specific item you have to unlock first before the collection itself is unlocked. Unfortunately, we have no information at this stage as to what that item is.

If people can provide more information on this, it’d be much appreciated!

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Many of those boxes have the same name and rarity but are different items. The only way to tell them apart is by item id.

That Guy.5704

is there a way I can get the game to give up the id so I can compare?

Zaxares.5419

Most likely in the case of the Deluxe Gear Boxes, only the ones from Inquest specifically will count. So ones from Aetherblades, Golems etc. will not unlock it.

The same might go for the Saddlebags. Only ones specifically from centaur Champions (and not Rock Dogs, for example) will count.

That Guy.5704

MKII golem didnt count. Guess I will have to specifically find a champ inquest

Posted by: nirvana.8245

nirvana.8245

There is a champion golem in Mount Maelstrom (not the Mark2). Its just north of mount maelstrom, on the plateau where the laser firing baselisk are. It seems to spawn in the camp up there. Not sure on what events cause it to spawn.

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Most likely in the case of the Deluxe Gear Boxes, only the ones from Inquest specifically will count. So ones from Aetherblades, Golems etc. will not unlock it.

The same might go for the Saddlebags. Only ones specifically from centaur Champions (and not Rock Dogs, for example) will count.

That’s easy to check.

I am looking specifically at embroidered saddle bags and deluxe gear boxes that say “collectible” in their mouse-over thingie (underneath the item name), as opposed to those that don"t have the “collectible” text there. Still don’t count, but certainly are the right containers.

Zaxares.5419

Ah, cool. Thanks for that info, Pixel.

So can you confirm that clicking on these “Collectible” bags still doesn’t unlock the collection for you? Or progress your collection?

Pixelpumpkin.4608

You’re welcome! Sadly doesn’t change the fact that it appears to be broken.

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

You’re welcome! Sadly doesn’t change the fact that it appears to be broken.

So it’s not just me? Wonder how it unlocks or if it auto-unlocks and is not doing so. Until then, time to start hoarding! Don’t need the Bloodstone Dust anyway.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Pixelpumpkin.4608

No, as far as I can tell, it’s everybody. At least I have seen plenty of people complaining about it not unlocking and haven’t met a single player who reported it working.

The wiki says that it doesn’t “unlock consistently”.

Zaxares.5419

Well, hopefully it’ll get fixed along with introducing some Champions back to the 1-15 zones. Finding Basic level Champ bags is going to be extremely difficult otherwise; Champs in 15-25 zones all drop Fine level Champ bags, and there are no Champs to be found in the earlier zones.

Currently the only way to acquire these bags that I know of is to use a low-levelled character and do the PvP reward tracks that drop these bags (the bag quality scales to your real level).

Posted by: jackaljag.8637

jackaljag.8637

Well, hopefully it’ll get fixed along with introducing some Champions back to the 1-15 zones. Finding Basic level Champ bags is going to be extremely difficult otherwise; Champs in 15-25 zones all drop Fine level Champ bags, and there are no Champs to be found in the earlier zones.

Currently the only way to acquire these bags that I know of is to use a low-levelled character and do the PvP reward tracks that drop these bags (the bag quality scales to your real level).

Just a note on this in particular but it’s still possible to get them in open world, looted a white champ bag just yesterday night on my level 80 doing Ulgoth – sometimes when there’s a lot of people on one champ I find they’ll drop bags from varying ranges. It feels pretty randomized so it’s not ideal, but at least it’s still obtainable outside PvP.

Joran Blackgear – Engineer – EU | Juras Blackpowder – Engineer – NA

That Guy.5704

I got a basic, what is it called seed pouch? from the champs that come before the jungle worm boss in the swamp. Of course, no achievement progress but it was there. As I remember it also didnt say collectable but I cant be sure because I already opened everything.

That Guy.5704

That’s easy to check.

I am looking specifically at embroidered saddle bags and deluxe gear boxes that say “collectible” in their mouse-over thingie (underneath the item name), as opposed to those that don"t have the “collectible” text there. Still don’t count, but certainly are the right containers.

If you still have them could you try 1 more thing? right click one and see if there is some option that says “add to collection”. I remember there being something like that on the spoon I got from teq (which I now have 2 of already…). Maybe you have to manually say “hey I got this” before you can actually open it. Its a long shot and should be fixed if that is actually what you have to do, but its the last thing I can think of before saying its completely broken….rather than very poorly implemented.

Pixelpumpkin.4608

No, there isn’t

Posted by: Arctinus.7824

Arctinus.7824

Nope. Tried that myself as well. Have two saddlebags in my inventory that have ‘collectable’ in their descriptions. Right clicked, but there’s no ‘add to collection’ option as it was with the Jar of Bees, for example.

That Guy.5704

not working after this evening’s patch. Tried an elaborate ritualist bag from CoF with the “collectible” note on the description. Nothing.

Zaxares.5419

Consensus seems to be that this collection is flat-out broken at this point. If you have any current bags, just hold onto them and wait for a bug fix or further information.

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Consensus seems to be that this collection is flat-out broken at this point. If you have any current bags, just hold onto them and wait for a bug fix or further information.

Hold onto one of them. Open the rest.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Pixelpumpkin.4608

As of the latest patch, the items do not say “collectible” anymore.

That Guy.5704

Exactly what I was doing with relevant stuff

As of the latest patch, the items do not say “collectible” anymore.

But now this, and it still does not say collectable on the items that used to say it. This is now as of the patch on 9/17.

Plan on running a few dungeons tonight, will update if something changes.