please help!earrings problem!

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Louk Tsoup.2108

Louk Tsoup.2108

so i bought 2 ascended accesory atheas ashes and i can’t aquip both if them on my char
so i thought that you can put only one on each character,
but its freaking soulbound now and i can’t put it on another character!!!!!
anyone knows what i can do know??

sorry if this is not the appropriate place for this.

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

That’s a tough one to solve. You can only equip one of any given ascended accessory, which is why they say “Unique” in their stat block. That’s not really explained anywhere, however, which is a terrible oversight in the system. You’re not the first person to do this, and you won’t be the last.

To get the earrings onto another character is going to be tricky, and I’m not sure it’s possible. I’ve heard of people using low-level, white-rarity items that are account bound with transmutation crystals/stones to get soulbound gear onto other characters, but I’m not sure where you could get account bound earrings, if they exist. Hopefully someone else can be more helpful!

I hope you get it sorted out! It’s frustrating that they don’t spell out the “one per character” thing more clearly.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Louk Tsoup.2108

yeah exacly i had no idea you could use only one per character and now i have lost 5 gold+ 12 guild commendations for nothing, and i have to wait 2 more weeks to get another one.
also i don’t think that transmutation crystal works, i tried but it’ won’t transmute.
and now im stuck there with 14 days worth of useless time on my bank.

Posted by: Justdeifyme.9387

Justdeifyme.9387

Well inform yourself better before buying something like that next time. It’s not Anets fault, nor is it ours.

Louk Tsoup.2108

Well inform yourself better before buying something like that next time. It’s not Anets fault, nor is it ours.

Oh Im sorry, because I clearly stated that this is your fault, yeah you’re absolutely right.
And of course I blamed ANET too. that’s is why I’m making a post not asking for help from a perhaps more knowledgeable player.

And by no means did I state that this was my fault by saying “I had no Idea you could use only one per character”

Yes I can see how one can get offended. Sorry mate my fault.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

That’s a tough one to solve. You can only equip one of any given ascended accessory, which is why they say “Unique” in their stat block. That’s not really explained anywhere, however, which is a terrible oversight in the system. You’re not the first person to do this, and you won’t be the last.

To get the earrings onto another character is going to be tricky, and I’m not sure it’s possible. I’ve heard of people using low-level, white-rarity items that are account bound with transmutation crystals/stones to get soulbound gear onto other characters, but I’m not sure where you could get account bound earrings, if they exist. Hopefully someone else can be more helpful!

I hope you get it sorted out! It’s frustrating that they don’t spell out the “one per character” thing more clearly.

You can’t transmute the ascended trinkets.
You can move an uninfused rings to another character by infusing it but you can’t do the same with earrings(it might eventually become possible).

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

While I think a lot of complaints against Anet are misguided, this one would seem fair to me. It’s not like anyone was evil or even stupid about it; it’s just an oversight that causes problems, and could really stand to be fixed.

There are no hints or tool-tips in-game that explain what “Unique” means, and it’s not in the online manual, so unless you look it up on the wiki or another fan site, you have no way of knowing that “Unique” has any particular mechanical function. Honestly, for a long time I thought it was just pointless flavor text, because it showed up on the Mad Memoires and Ancient Karka Shell items I got from Living Story events.

It’s not even possible to equip a second Mad Memoires [Complete] because it’s a back item, even if it wasn’t unique, even if you could got more than one, which just goes to show how unevenly applied the keyword is. Some trophies and other items that cannot be equipped even have it, and it serves no mechanical function for them.

Considering the cost of buying a duplicate ascended trinket that you can’t equip, I think some explanation is warranted somewhere. It can be as simple as a hint that pops up the first time you ever talk to a Laurel merchant.

Edit: Thanks, Khisanth.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

(edited by Redenaz.8631)

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Just calling it unique isn’t enough for it to be clear. In Guild Wars 1 unique meant that it was a green weapon, not that you could equip only one. You could equip multiples of the same unique weapon if you wanted. If they are going to change the terminology from one game to the next, they should say what unique means at the point of purchase. The NPC could tell you that you this when you speak to him.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

I’ve heard of a work around where you can equip 2 of the same item if one is infused and one isn’t but ive never done it myself as ive never made said mistake so i dont know for certain if it works or not .

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I’ve heard of a work around where you can equip 2 of the same item if one is infused and one isn’t but ive never done it myself as ive never made said mistake so i dont know for certain if it works or not .

It’s for rings only per the wiki and it’s not trivial to do.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ascended_rings#Rings
Upgrade a regular ascended ring in the Mystic Forge using 1 Shard of Crystallized Mists Essence, 3 Glob of Coagulated Mists Essence, and 5 Vial of Condensed Mists Essence

Posted by: Contiguous.1345

Contiguous.1345

If the worst comes to the worst – remember that you can put soulbound stuff in the Magic Toilet.
It’s often a better way to recover a bit of the value (when your only other option is to vendor it for peanuts)

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

Except you can’t reforge ascended stuff into random stuff.

Just submit a ticket, maybe ANet will refund it. There have been cases where they did.

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

This happens all the time (going by forum posts); if that isn’t evidence of the word “unique” not being clear enough then I don’t know.

And especially with earrings… most people use identical earrings in both ears, right?

A system that allows you to buy things that you cannot use (see also: “soulbound on acquire” armour of the wrong armour type) is badly designed. It’s always better to not allow invalid input by the user in the first place, rather than allowing any input and then only validating it afterwards.

Anyway, yeah, your best (only) chance would be to open a support ticket for a refund.

Posted by: Aye.8392

Aye.8392

so i bought 2 ascended accesory atheas ashes and i can’t aquip both if them on my char
so i thought that you can put only one on each character,
but its freaking soulbound now and i can’t put it on another character!!!!!
anyone knows what i can do know??

sorry if this is not the appropriate place for this.

While support won’t give you your money or commendations back they will sometimes exchange the item for one that you can use. File a ticket and see if they will help you.

This is really much more to do with poor programming than it is about user error. Adding a sell back tab like the buy back tab that is available on the merchants would be a great boon to players.

www.AlchemyIncorporated.net
Sorrows Furnace

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Except you can’t reforge ascended stuff into random stuff.

Just submit a ticket, maybe ANet will refund it. There have been cases where they did.

Agree—support ticket is the way to go. A few have done the same thing due to the lack of clarity while purchasing at the vendor.
There was another thread about this and others reported that Anet will refund through a support ticket.

(edited by Blude.6812)

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I believe you could also infuse them differently and still use them, but I’m not certain. I know people have done this with rings….

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Louk Tsoup.2108

i did a refund request, but im not sure i made it at the right place.
I could use some guidance if someone has done this before!
thanks!

Posted by: Jabberwock.5987

Jabberwock.5987

Hmm.
Are you able to transmute?
I transmuted some masks for so that I can have my mesmer wear any of the three faces.

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

Trinkets cannot be transmuted barring back items, as they don’t display on your model at all.

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

(edited by Lindbur.2537)

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

If you don’t have another Character to give one of these to, you need to submit a ticket to Support and hope they let you swap one out (there have been other posts on these forums that indicate they have done this in the past).

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Posted by: Aye.8392

Aye.8392

Please let us know if support is able to help you, or what information they give you.

www.AlchemyIncorporated.net
Sorrows Furnace