thief is worthless class ?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Kratier.5082

Kratier.5082

just bought the game and i was reading in the pvp forums and the class forums and basically discovering my preferred class in most mmos is completely crap… should i just refund the game? seems kind of pointless to play if the class i want to play is garbage

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

just bought the game and i was reading in the pvp forums and the class forums and basically discovering my preferred class in most mmos is completely crap… should i just refund the game? seems kind of pointless to play if the class i want to play is garbage

There is weird stuff in the forums before an update/xpac. You gonna get used to it if you stick to the forums long enough

Right now, people are saying that Revenant is a better at everything, guardian is doom, thief is useless, bla bla bla.

Thief was less improved in term of dps than most other profession in the spec update a couple months back. They also got their acrobatic line nerfed in preparation for the Daredevil. So of course they are less powerful than they used to be. At the same time Mesmer received a couple of buff and kind of fill the same role in PvP and Engineer received also a couple of buff and kind of fill the same role as thief in PvE.

So when people complain, they are kind of right. But that said, thief is still use in most record dungeon run in PvE and there is a thief in the majority of all ELS team in PvP. Yes thief is less good than before, but it tell you something when some of the best players in both PvE and PvP still use them.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

Play what you want. The forums, like the internet has a ton of haters.

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

Posted by: King Noob IV.3560

King Noob IV.3560

lol you bought the entire game for one class

D/D Elementalist takes no skill but is good at everything in the game.
Mesmer is unfun to play against and does everything better than thieves.
Hoping those two get gutted with nerfs

Posted by: RSLongK.8961

RSLongK.8961

Nope, just some tryhards that cant l2p talking kittenry.

Main: Warrior|Character counter: 16

Posted by: SiegHawk.5684

SiegHawk.5684

No do not listen to those idiots, Thief is not worthless, they are a good class. They are just a little tricky to play but you will learn how to play one after few days or week. I have all class so I know how the class are. Thief is actually strong, the people who said they are not are just idiots that doesnt know how to use Thief/dont even play one at all.

[FA] We are the Superior Race. ^.^

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

thief is a “good” class if you know how to play it, they are very glass cannon. They rely heavily on stealth. they have a massive bucket of stealth, which is why they are the most hated class in the game, as far a PvP go’s. How are you suppose to be able to fight someone who hit’s like a freight train, but for 98% of the fight you can’t see them.

This will draw a lot of stick in PvP matches. If you’re good, you’ll be hated by the other team. If you’re not that good, you’ll be hated by your own team. and draw stick from the other team for being a “n00b”.

In PvE thieves are very handy in instanced content.

Thieves are far from a useless class, but they are one trick pony’s, and don’t have the versatility of other classes.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: Todd.6573

Todd.6573

Thieves are far from crap, having no issues finding roles in PvP or PvE. People are just a bit salty about everything right now.

Great thoughts speak only to the thoughtful mind, but great actions speak to all mankind.
- Theodore Roosevelt

Posted by: ArcanistSeven.8720

ArcanistSeven.8720

thiefs elite spec is about dodging and dulfy said that there will be content that you cant dodge which makes the thief elite spec useless not to mention thief only gets an extra dodge and a clunky staff. with the core specs youll get in the game some traits are out performed by sigils. right now the only thing that makes thief good is group stealth and SB5 but once HoT is released engi will have better group stealth than thief. your playing a role thats getting replaced. so dont buy the expansion i know many people who are requesting a refund

Posted by: Maxwell.7843

Maxwell.7843

Hi, welcome.

It’s never too soon to learn that everything that gets said in a specific profession forum must be taken with a grain of salt.

Thief is an ok class, it’s not my favourite one so I have relatively few hours on it, but it’s definitely NOT crap.
All classes have something to offer, and some may be more popular in certain game modes, but none is absolutely terrible.

Posted by: roachsrealm.9284

roachsrealm.9284

Thief can be excellent.

Things my thief can do that none of my other classes can do: (I have an 80 of each class)
-Kill trash mobs in 2 to 3 hits flat
-Run across 1/4 of a map while in stealth
-Evade attacks almost endlessly without hitting dodge
-Gather vet guarded rich nodes without drawing agro
-Scout effectively in Edge of the Mists
-Conquer effectively in PvP

Stay away from the individual profession forums if you want to learn what is good about a class. Forums are generally full of complaining, and no one on here really likes their main class, it seems.

Smitten Mittens (The Gothic Embrace [Goth], Fort Aspenwood)

BrotherBelial.3094

Thief can be excellent.

Things my thief can do that none of my other classes can do: (I have an 80 of each class)
-Kill trash mobs in 2 to 3 hits flat
-Run across 1/4 of a map while in stealth
-Evade attacks almost endlessly without hitting dodge
-Gather vet guarded rich nodes without drawing agro
-Scout effectively in Edge of the Mists
-Conquer effectively in PvP

Stay away from the individual profession forums if you want to learn what is good about a class. Forums are generally full of complaining, and no one on here really likes their main class, it seems.

I love my warrior, that’s why I have 4 of them ^^

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|

Posted by: Blade.8497

Blade.8497

Some class are harder to learn and harder play. Some players just love it. Warrior is easy mode if you like that.

BrotherBelial.3094

Some class are harder to learn and harder play. Some players just love it. Warrior is easy mode if you like that.

Not really. But think that if you want.

Posted by: DreamyAbaddon.3265

DreamyAbaddon.3265

There are No Such Thing of Worthless Classes…
Only Worthless players…

If you know how to play any class you love to it’s potential, then you’ll do excellent. =)

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

While thief class would do with improvements, most of the “thief sucks” posts are just bitter and over the top. Don’t read forums if you want to enjoy the game.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

Posted by: BigZThyDoom.8750

BigZThyDoom.8750

Whoever said that was an idiot. Thief is very useful, especially for stealthing through areas with a lot of enemies (or perma-blinding and killing said enemies quickly). It’s also great for moving through areas very quickly using teleports.

Posted by: Uden Reavstone.3426

Uden Reavstone.3426

I just wanted to point out that according to the forums, every profession is useless. I kid you not. Are they really? No, they are all useful.

“Blue team for life.”
“They can’t see me. I can’t see them.”
Michael J. Caboose ~ RvB

Posted by: CadeRG.4508

CadeRG.4508

Thief is an amazing class.

Difficult class =/= kitten class

Vaulting daredevil leap frog teef of AoE destruction

Posted by: Pikachu.1829

Pikachu.1829

No, thief is the definition of balance. They’re decent in all modes.

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

Not really. But think that if you want.

Warrior is certainly a lower skill floor profession. Whether or not it’s the lowest of them all is up for debate, but it’s not nearly as intricate or complex as say, an elementalist or engineer.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690