what happens to soulbound objects?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Boneyard Yogi.8206

Boneyard Yogi.8206

Q:

What happens to a toon’s soulbound objects in the bank if you delete the toon? Do they lose their soulbound status? or do they disappear entirely?

Posted by: circuitnerd.5863

circuitnerd.5863

A:

I read somewhere that soulbound items become account bound when you place them in the bank and the delete the character, so that seems to work for at least some items (like starter gear?) but I haven’t tried it myself.

Nah it doesn’t. It is still soulbound to your deleted character. I’ve done it before. Nothing left to do but destroy it, or leave it there for posterity or whatever.

Certified Gameaholic

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

You get to destroy them …

Posted by: g e o.2589

g e o.2589

They stay as they are, totally useless

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

I read somewhere that soulbound items become account bound when you place them in the bank and the delete the character, so that seems to work for at least some items (like starter gear?) but I haven’t tried it myself.

Posted by: GreenNekoHaunt.8527

GreenNekoHaunt.8527

Nah it doesn’t. It is still soulbound to your deleted character. I’ve done it before. Nothing left to do but destroy it, or leave it there for posterity or whatever.

Some soulbound items can be recycled or sold… still better than destroying.

Gamer & Developer; Playing games is part of making games! Gather experience and make games!

Posted by: circuitnerd.5863

circuitnerd.5863

really? oh. i guess just all the ones ive had were destroy worthy

Certified Gameaholic

Posted by: gimmethegepgun.1284

gimmethegepgun.1284

Salvaged maybe, but you can’t put them in your inventory in order to sell them.