#1 DrunkPossum - your build?

in PvP

Posted by: Silentshoes.1805

Silentshoes.1805

Shout out to #1 Drunk Possum.

What’s your build? Are you soloing at all?

The Alien (condi necro),That Wreckin Crew (Mesmer)
Silentshoes (Thief), Wind of the Woods (condi ranger)

in PvP

Posted by: Sebastian.4610

Sebastian.4610

Im not sure about that guy, but im finding the top players are just playing a lot of games. For example the #2 player atm has been put on my team multiple times, i cant fathom how he is #2 as he plays absolutely horribly. When you tell him something he goes into saying “im a top player u dont know kitten blah blah”.

Generally if you want to perform decently and progress the leaderboard use any solid meta build and play a lot of games. If you can master or get very good at a build you will progress.

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

from the forum post history:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/members/twity-4732/showposts

it seems like twity.4732 @ #1 Drunk Possum plays mesmer mainly and somewhat hates warriors.

in PvP

Silentshoes.1805

I’d love it if a Mesmer were #1. I love playing my mesmers (The Crew, That Wreckin’ Crew) but it is such a high skill cap against teams that are experienced.

in PvP

Posted by: Amir.1570

Amir.1570

^
It’s actually medium skill cap. It’s not hard to get a shout warrior to be cleansing condis for you.

It’s also not hard to use null field or spam evade frames while baiting out people’s evade because of the fact that you can attack while evading 24/7 and call it skill.

I don’t get why people think Mesmer is hard. IF you wanted HARD and high skill cap then play warrior without 30 defense glass cannon great sword. Or play THIEF in general against people with half a brain.

Hell even that shout build that Tarcis is using right now is harder than Mesmer just because of the fact that it’s easy to chain CC that to death. Chain CC a mesmer though? Nope spam invulnerability, dodges, and shatter randomly. Add condi cleanse to that? One of the most braindead classes in the game.

I guarantee that these “Mesmers mains” are bad at every other class that takes real effort and is not simply about spamming cheesy mechanics.

Just learn humility already Mesmer mains, sigh.

in PvP

Silentshoes.1805

Amir,

I am not sure what you are saying. If mesmers are so easy to play effectively against skilled teams, as you say, then why are there generally not mesmers on top teams?

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.9524

Archaon.9524

For example the #2 player atm has been put on my team multiple times, i cant fathom how he is #2 as he plays absolutely horribly.

Welcome to gw2 2015…the more you play the higher you get…even if you totally suck, i see some ppl up there who weren’t even on old ladder

Ark 2nd Account

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.9524

Archaon.9524

^
It’s actually medium skill cap. It’s not hard to get a shout warrior to be cleansing condis for you.

It’s also not hard to use null field or spam evade frames while baiting out people’s evade because of the fact that you can attack while evading 24/7 and call it skill.

I don’t get why people think Mesmer is hard. IF you wanted HARD and high skill cap then play warrior without 30 defense glass cannon great sword. Or play THIEF in general against people with half a brain.

Hell even that shout build that Tarcis is using right now is harder than Mesmer just because of the fact that it’s easy to chain CC that to death. Chain CC a mesmer though? Nope spam invulnerability, dodges, and shatter randomly. Add condi cleanse to that? One of the most braindead classes in the game.

I guarantee that these “Mesmers mains” are bad at every other class that takes real effort and is not simply about spamming cheesy mechanics.

He’s obviously trolling…come on, and you’re still feeding him

Ark 2nd Account

in PvP

Posted by: Gaiyeerishima Cat.1082

Gaiyeerishima Cat.1082

Hello, I am a good friend of Twity’s and did a lot of those queues with him. He mostly has been playing standard condi necro recently, but occasionally he hops on mesmer for old times sake or warrior if we are running too much glass.

in PvP

Gaiyeerishima Cat.1082

Currently the LB favors frequency of play too much, but Twity is actually a pretty good player.

in PvP

Silentshoes.1805

Thanks, Cat. Well, he must be helping the team perform better than expected. Hence his points.

in PvP

Gaiyeerishima Cat.1082

Also, mesmer is pretty hard to master because if you are playing competitively you are playing shatter, you are very glassy and have to be very good at positioning and timing to stay alive/burst properly.

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

Hello, I am a good friend of Twity’s and did a lot of those queues with him. He mostly has been playing standard condi necro recently, but occasionally he hops on mesmer for old times sake or warrior if we are running too much glass.

Been telling people necro is the class to carry solo que’ers, people don’t listen tho.

in PvP

Gaiyeerishima Cat.1082

Honestly me and him just stayed up and queued all night, we only fought a few decent teams, most of the games are just stomps since not that many people were playing.

in PvP

Gaiyeerishima Cat.1082

And we didn’t solo queue.

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

Honestly me and him just stayed up and queued all night, we only fought a few decent teams, most of the games are just stomps since not that many people were playing.

If you look at his post history Twity says “want to get to top 100 in solo q? warrior bunker’s the way”

Gaiyeerishima.Cat you playing a bunker warrior? Perhaps something like a clerics hambow bunker type warrior? Necro carry all the solo que’ers and you’d get everyone in top 100 easy. Win win.

Bunker warriors and necros, that’s how you win games. The secret is out, start rolling your necros and bunker warriors…. Obviously these warriors didn’t go bunker, especially the best bunker warrior build, the cleric hambow style.

Funny fact,
You know the #2 guy, he plays a lot (I see him solo que a lot), he mains a warrior, but by looking at his name on the leaderboards, it looks like he played a necro.

Telling yall, bunker warriors and necro is the way to go.

Attachments:

(edited by uberkingkong.8041)

in PvP

Gaiyeerishima Cat.1082

Several months ago bunker warrior was really good for carrying soloq’s, it’s not that great any more. I played it for a little while way back when in soloq for fun, but my main is ranger. I played hambow when it was meta though and I play ele now. Clerics Hambow is actually my ele. Right now the good warrior build is like a bunky shouts warrior that can 1v1/team support, but it’s different than it was back then, and I haven’t touched war in a while so I don’t know that much about it.

in PvP

Gaiyeerishima Cat.1082

If you want to see the real best players NA go watch the WTS tournament videos.

in PvP

Gaiyeerishima Cat.1082

But I do know a fair amount about pvp, if you ever want some advice about something feel free to message me in game on Clerics Hambow or Not David. Always like to help out new up and comings.

in PvP

Posted by: Amir.1570

Amir.1570

On topic though: Doesn’t matter what you play, apparently if you play a lot more than other people you’ll get top rank. Doesn’t matter how bad you are at the game.

And when I mean bad I mean kinda like how people who play Mesmer but probably will fail harder if they tried 100b Warrior back when it was considered UP.

in PvP

Gaiyeerishima Cat.1082

Yeah that’s partially true amir. You do have to be winning games to keep increasing on the LB, but it definitely favors playtime over skill far too much atm. My theory is they are using the test season as a way to gather data, and they will use that data to fine tune it for the real ladders.

in PvP

Silentshoes.1805

On topic though: Doesn’t matter what you play, apparently if you play a lot more than other people you’ll get top rank. Doesn’t matter how bad you are at the game.

And when I mean bad I mean kinda like how people who play Mesmer but probably will fail harder if they tried 100b Warrior back when it was considered UP.

Not true. Look at Rank 872 on the ladder right now. 45 games. 5 points.

in PvP

Posted by: Dondagora.9645

Dondagora.9645

^

The “shatter randomly” annoyed me a bit.

Mesmer is said to be high-skill cap because we’re highly reliant on our class mechanic and non-offensive utility to create combos and situations where we can win. Therefore, it puts any mesmer at a disadvantage to “spam” most anything.

By the way. You know, in case you didn’t understand how mesmers have to actually work against good players. Against not-good players who get confused by clones… well, it’s pretty much the same experience for everyone on the lower tier: Everybody seems OP.

(edited by Dondagora.9645)