1 month after "Might" nerf

in PvP

Posted by: Celtus.8456

Celtus.8456

Does anyone feel the meta has improved?

The might nerf went after a couple builds that were overperforming with their combination of celestial amulet and weapon ‘swap’ availability more often than other professions (ele, engi, war can all spam swaps and abuse cele). Every build that has been making fair use of “Might” for over 2 years gets nerfed.

What I’ve seen:

Still as many cele spam builds. Cele dd, cele shoutbow war, cele engi. Boring, ridiculous to fight against.

As many or more Air/Fire zerker builds. I love the feeling of not knowing whether that auto attack will hit me for 1k or 6k.

Condition spam builds. Just keep spamming out those conditions as enemies remove them 3 at a time, eventually there will be too many.

Are we E-Sports yet? Boston will be great to watch just like China.

Josre
Zulu Ox Tactics [zulu]

(edited by Celtus.8456)

in PvP

Posted by: Mia Crazymike.1780

Mia Crazymike.1780

You basically dislike everything.

in PvP

Posted by: sendmark.4731

sendmark.4731

It’s better than it was, definitely.

in PvP

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

I agree with Josre on this one. The might nerf was unnecessary. Celestial amulet needs gutted.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

I agree with Josre on this one. The might nerf was unnecessary. Celestial amulet needs gutted.

I wish people would stop using this word. :P
It doesn’t need gutted. It needs trimmed back. Sledge hammer to builds only reduced diversity, that’s no fun. (I don’t play any celest builds)

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in PvP

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

It doesn’t need gutted. It needs trimmed back. Sledge hammer to builds only reduced diversity, that’s no fun. (I don’t play any celest builds)

The might nerf was anets version of a trim. It clearly didn’t work. So I am hoping when Anet finally guts it. They will actually do what you call trim it. Because Anet has been treating engis, eles, and warriors like their own special little snowflakes for well over a year now.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

The might nerf is a start, but “gutting” Cele into uselessness really shouldn’t be the answer.

Having a useless amulet sitting there isn’t a step in the right direction IMO. Though I can’t really say for certain how Cele should be shaved, I’m thinking SOME of the stats should be shaved rather than having an average number for all of them.

in PvP

Posted by: Keksmuffin.1450

Keksmuffin.1450

The might nerf was anets version of a trim. It clearly didn’t work. So I am hoping when Anet finally guts it. They will actually do what you call trim it. Because Anet has been treating engis, eles, and warriors like their own special little snowflakes for well over a year now.

They treated warriors like their special snowflakes? Staggering Blow damage nerf, Earthshaker damage nerf, Arcing Arrow Damage nerf, Pin Down animation, Impale nerf, Healing Signet nerf, Berserker Stance nerf, Burst Mastery Nerf, Merciless Hammer nerf, Adrenaline change. Probably missed a thing or two. Clearly treated too good.

RiP hambow :<

Bullet Punch

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Remove Condition damage from it, slightly buff healing power and toughness or critical damage.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in PvP

Posted by: zone.1073

zone.1073

What we can take away from this is that many people want the same thing: a well-rounded and balanced build option for all classes.

Not everyone wants to run around exploding everyone and then getting exploded themselves. Some people have a duelist mindset and want to keep a steady, consistent tempo in a fight. The old might-stacking and the new celestial amulet trend is a nod to this “tempo” meta.

Now to address the real issue: It is problematic when the tempo builds surpass the glass cannons in burst damage, making glass builds irrelevant. It is problematic when A.I. beats players single-handedly. ArenaNet? More like “kill Sarah Connor” SkyNet with their unshakable support for turrets. How many patches in a row have turrets been buffed and have not been nerfed?

(edited by zone.1073)

in PvP

Posted by: Mia Crazymike.1780

Mia Crazymike.1780

The might nerf is a start, but “gutting” Cele into uselessness really shouldn’t be the answer.

Having a useless amulet sitting there isn’t a step in the right direction IMO. Though I can’t really say for certain how Cele should be shaved, I’m thinking SOME of the stats should be shaved rather than having an average number for all of them.

Don’t the devs have enough statistics, in-depth variables, and more than enough input to finally decide on a more substantial change on what to do with celestial?

in PvP

Posted by: Blackmoon.6837

Blackmoon.6837

This probably won’t weigh as much because I only play mes, but I’m enjoying the nerf. The field feels a little more balanced ever since.

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

No, everything is still pretty much the same. I don’t expect any major balances changes until HoT.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in PvP

Posted by: tichorum.2415

tichorum.2415

Does anyone feel the meta has improved?

The might nerf went after a couple builds that were overperforming with their combination of celestial amulet and weapon ‘swap’ availability more often than other professions (ele, engi, war can all spam swaps and abuse cele). Every build that has been making fair use of “Might” for over 2 years gets nerfed.

What I’ve seen:

Still as many cele spam builds. Cele dd, cele shoutbow war, cele engi. Boring, ridiculous to fight against.

As many or more Air/Fire zerker builds. I love the feeling of not knowing whether that auto attack will hit me for 1k or 6k.

Condition spam builds. Just keep spamming out those conditions as enemies remove them 3 at a time, eventually there will be too many.

Are we E-Sports yet? Boston will be great to watch just like China.

Of course the meta didn’t change. All the change did was reduce power from might stacking. They obviously didn’t change celestial amulet, so it remains strong. Cele ele and war are not “as strong” as they were, but still the best. And for your sake, cele staff ele is just as annoying to fight. :S

Former PvP commentator for ESL & Arenanet.

I used to run the Academy Gaming tournaments for GW2.

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

They’re not the best. They just sync very well together. Alone, they very much suck against certain classes.

In fact, cele war + cele d/d ele will do terrible vs two condi spec classes or any other classes that counter them 1v1.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: DarkSyze.8627

DarkSyze.8627

If there is no challenge after might nerf, answer is No!

Nerf mean serious change to make challenge, No challenge= No serious change

" Solutions To A Problem Can Only Be Found, When You Want To Get Rid Of It "
Ankur

(edited by DarkSyze.8627)

in PvP

Posted by: The Gates Assassin.9827

The Gates Assassin.9827

I have noticed that some of the scary berserker like bursts coming from grenade barrage have gone away on celestial builds (at least when they are only using their own might). Have you guys noticed the same?

Main: Raine Avina (Engineer)
Message me any time in game.

in PvP

Posted by: Narkodx.1472

Narkodx.1472

What is it with you and this “challenge” stuff… I do not think you know what this really means

On topic – The might nerf was minor and damage is not the reason those build are “meta”

I feel like those builds are dominating in their specific role which is team support and point holding – they have plenty of condition clears and heals which has nothing to do with might

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

They’re not the best. They just sync very well together. Alone, they very much suck against certain classes.

In fact, cele war + cele d/d ele will do terrible vs two condi spec classes or any other classes that counter them 1v1.

I can use builds with high poison upkeep (Orr Runes – Hint ) and pretty much take a dump on signet eles and shout warriors, high poison upkeep + confusion spamm and you’d kill a SoR ele pretty fast ( faster if ele player is unskilled) , poison + some dmg is enough for shout warriors.

On top of that both cele eles and shout warriors ( especially these ones, have poor to none access to stability, this leave them open to heavy CC on a point)

in PvP

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

It is as many of us predicted, the nerf should have been to cele.

I think anet likes this meta tho, and it is arguably the most balanced the game has been.

I just find it boring with everyone using cele.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

in PvP

Posted by: Elitist.8701

Elitist.8701

The meta is fine.

Best Multiclass NA. RIP my beautiful Necromancer, such a shame. Retired, April 2015. GG Anet,
I’m not coming back, not that you care.

in PvP

Posted by: DarkSyze.8627

DarkSyze.8627

What is it with you and this “challenge” stuff… I do not think you know what this really means

On topic – The might nerf was minor and damage is not the reason those build are “meta”

I feel like those builds are dominating in their specific role which is team support and point holding – they have plenty of condition clears and heals which has nothing to do with might

I do not know what challenge really mean?

Example; If i want peace, do it mean i do not know what peace really mean?
Example 2; If i want happiness, do it mean i do not know what happiness really mean?

Do every word i write, do not really mean anything? I do not understand why you think like that. I do research before i use word, if i use word, is because i mean it

Last; here is challenge definition; “something that needs a lot of skill, energy, and determination to deal with or achieve, especially something you have never done before and will enjoy doing”

Here is key word to the word challenge- “need a lot of skill”, “need a lot of energy”, “need a lot of determination to deal with”, “need a lot of determination to achieve”, “especially never done before and will enjoy”

“……..need a lot", “…….. will enjoy” is main key word. , No need a lot, No Challenge! .No enjoy fight, No Challenge!

Definition continue- “(the situation of being faced with) something that needs great mental or physical effort in order to be done successfully and therefore tests a person’s ability”

“….. needs great physical effort" is main key word. No great physical effort fight, No Challenge!

Instant kill is Not Challenge!, Always stealth is Not Challenge, Always Instant burst is Not challenge!, Always everything ready, is Not Challenge, Always easy access, is Not Challenge! Always repeat same thing over and over, is Not Challenge!

That is what i mean when i say Nerf mean serious change to make challenge, No challenge= No serious change

These class have instant everything, always ready everything, always easy access to everything, everything everything there for them with no-very little preparation.

If arena net did nerf these class; there would be change so they can be challenge class?. If you still want to say these class were/are nerf, where is change for them to be a challenge class? If you still want to say these class were/are nerf, where is effort for them to be challenge class?

So by dictionary definition; thief, ele and engineer are not challenge class.

Yes, dictionary and me really mean what challenge mean.

" Solutions To A Problem Can Only Be Found, When You Want To Get Rid Of It "
Ankur

(edited by DarkSyze.8627)

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

I think the might nerf was a complete failure. It was an easy fix to a problem that needed a different solution. The better fix at this point would be the following:

1. Revert the might nerf
2. Tone down cele amulet in PvP by 50 points per stat
3. Reduce the ability of ele and engi to stack might on themselves

in PvP

Posted by: Shiyo.3578

Shiyo.3578

Might stacking has been completely overpowered for 2 years.

ENG has been overpowered for 2 years, even without celestial amulet it would still be the best class in the game.