27 LLamas to get the Lavish Llama

in PvP

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

The mini might be unlocked when you use it in the forge like skins are which means you would maybe lose any you already dropped in your wardrobe BUT if you just save the rest of them you can unlock them when you create the next level.

Sadly no, when you craft one new version of the mini llama, you unlock only the new mini pet in your inventory but if you want to unlock the skin you need to store it on your wardrobe (consequently you’ll lose it and you won’t able to use it in the mystic forge.)

In this video, he crafts the fancy version but he doesn’t unlock the skin, he only receives the new version.

Of course i’m not really 100% sure about it, i dunno if there are other examples about mini pet progression in the mystic forge.

Tossing minis in the forge does NOT unlock them in your wardrobe.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Unlocking-Minis-Question/first#post4368797

Thx, this means you need 40 mini llamas to unlock every version.

You can directly go for mini Lavish (27 mini llamas) but it won’t unlock previous versions.

40 llamas? Wow. That’s slightly insane.

Anet loves insane things, just look at WvW achievements or black lion weapon collections.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in PvP

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

Hey, how can PvE player earn miniLlamas? The news post only listed PvP methods and many of us have zero interest in PvP (and it’s not a “Green Eggs and Ham” thing, please respect our gameplay preferences).

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

in PvP

Posted by: tichorum.2415

tichorum.2415

Hey, how can PvE player earn miniLlamas? The news post only listed PvP methods and many of us have zero interest in PvP (and it’s not a “Green Eggs and Ham” thing, please respect our gameplay preferences).

It seems like the only current way to do this is through PvP. There are a lot of things I would love from PvE but I have zero interest in it. =/

I’m sure down the road PvE will be included in it.

Former PvP commentator for ESL & Arenanet.

I used to run the Academy Gaming tournaments for GW2.

in PvP

Posted by: Followedbyrocks.8751

Followedbyrocks.8751

40 llamas? Wow. That’s slightly insane.

Anet loves insane things, just look at WvW achievements or black lion weapon collections.

Oh Anet you so wacky! Or sadistic. Probably just sadistic.

in PvP

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

Oh Anet you so wacky! Or sadistic. Probably just sadistic.

It’s called trolling. They like trolling.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

in PvP

Posted by: Loyheta.3754

Loyheta.3754

They should call it the Alluring Alpaca since it’s only a couple feet tall xD

in PvP

Followedbyrocks.8751

You don’t need to win these tournaments to earn a Mini Llama—in most single-elimination events, you’ll only need to win a single round to earn a prize. As a general rule, placing in the top 50% of any of the following tournaments will earn you a reward. As a note, you can only earn one Mini Llama per week, but you can participate in as many events as you’d like.

Source: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/participate-in-community-run-pvp-tournaments-and-obtain-the-most-lavish-llama-in-the-land/

Ah yes. After only 40 weeks you too can have all three tiers of your very own Llama Mini Pet unlocked!

in PvP

Malediktus.9250

You don’t need to win these tournaments to earn a Mini Llama—in most single-elimination events, you’ll only need to win a single round to earn a prize. As a general rule, placing in the top 50% of any of the following tournaments will earn you a reward. As a note, you can only earn one Mini Llama per week, but you can participate in as many events as you’d like.

Source: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/participate-in-community-run-pvp-tournaments-and-obtain-the-most-lavish-llama-in-the-land/

Ah yes. After only 40 weeks you too can have all three tiers of your very own Llama Mini Pet unlocked!

40 weeks if you can manage to find a team every week. For most people having a team is a problem already.
When I tried to take part in one of the Mini Llama tourneys 2 out of 5 people didnt event attend despite having practices quite a lot for it, so we forfeited. Not that we would have won the first round anyway, it was basically noob vs pro team in first round already <.<

in PvP

Posted by: OlrunTheBlade.1486

OlrunTheBlade.1486

Both the Academy Gaming weekly and the AspectGG Pugquests allow you to sign up as free agents and compete without a team. Two of the three weekly 5v5 events allow you to sign up without a team. Only the ESL Go4GW2 cups require a team, and they’re supposed to be more competitive anyway.

Captain of Never Lucky [NL]
Competitive Warrior, Ele, Mesmer, Ranger, Engineer, Thief

in PvP

Posted by: Lux.7169

Lux.7169

On that note, some teams or players don’t sign up or show up it’s not uncommon to get byes past the first round, and from what it looks like just getting past round 1 secures you a llama in all of the tournaments. With there being 3 a week, odds are pretty favorable to getting the weekly llama if someone cared to bother signing up, free agent or otherwise.

[SoF]

in PvP

OlrunTheBlade.1486

@ Lux: IIRC think for ToL2, 50% of the first round matches were forfeits.

in PvP

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

Both the Academy Gaming weekly and the AspectGG Pugquests allow you to sign up as free agents and compete without a team. Two of the three weekly 5v5 events allow you to sign up without a team. Only the ESL Go4GW2 cups require a team, and they’re supposed to be more competitive anyway.

Can you link me how to register like free agent in Academy Gaming weekly?

I tried to find some infos for free agent in their web site but i found nothing :\ (only infos for team).

Maybe it’s my fault.

And AspectGG for now it’s only NA :\

in PvP

OlrunTheBlade.1486

I just looked. Academy Gaming only allows for free agent sign ups on NA. You’ll have to talk to them about it if you’d like similar support for free agents on EU.

in PvP

Malediktus.9250

Yes, I am in EU, so the NA stuff is of no use to me. Not to mention I hate registering on 3rd party pages and become part of any eSport community.

in PvP

OlrunTheBlade.1486

Your signature bugs me. Twenty-Sixond. On a more serious note, you do have a limited number of ways to get your Mini Llamas. If you’d like to see those expanded, or changes to them made, then contacting them will be your best bet. Do keep in mind, however, that they are volunteers and there’s only so much work you can realistically expect them to do each week. For the AspectGG Pugquest, we take about two hours to balance the team the night before and 30-45 minutes to fix for no shows the day of. Free agent teams do take time to set up.

in PvP

Followedbyrocks.8751

Do keep in mind, however, that they are volunteers and there’s only so much work you can realistically expect them to do each week.

I don’t think anyone has unrealistic expectations for how much work volunteers are supposed to do. I think what people want is for Anet to provide a slightly more accessible way for people to obtain all three tiers of the Llama minipets. Nobody was attacking the people who work hard to host these tournaments.

in PvP

OlrunTheBlade.1486

Yeah, I understand that. I just want people to keep that in mind when they contact people.

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

We’ll never see Automated Tournaments. :/

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

in PvP

Posted by: Kousetsu.1627

Kousetsu.1627

Ugh.. all these lamas suck… what an underwhelming and unexciting pvp reward :/

Like, even a title would sound more exciting to me or maybe some proper rewards like weapons skins

in PvP

Posted by: Pinkunicorn of Dethecus.3217

Pinkunicorn of Dethecus.3217

Like, even a title would sound more exciting to me or maybe some proper rewards like weapons skins

PvP, having terrible rewards? omgnowai

in PvP

Followedbyrocks.8751

This is the dumb thing. There are a lot of PvE players who want these llamas and can’t get them because they’re rewards for PvP where the players don’t even want them. gg anet

in PvP

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

This is the dumb thing. There are a lot of PvE players who want these llamas and can’t get them because they’re rewards for PvP where the players don’t even want them. gg anet

If they want it that badly they can try one of the solo friendly tournaments. I know I am. Will I get one? Probably not, but I am going to work my tail off trying to do it. I did it to get the Liadri mini, I can suck it up and face this challenge too.

in PvP

Posted by: Aztex.4895

Aztex.4895

Giving something PVE players want is a good way to make them try PVP, but that kind of reward is only acceptable for casual and ingame playing and it should be something that gives progression. That’s why instead of the current leaderboards they should be creating a league with divisions, where only winning maches in the lowest division could give you mini pets. And Lavish lama only if they are promoted. Take mystic forge off the equation (there isnt one in PvP, so why do we have to use it?)
Anet made a good decision with offgame and serious Tournaments, but chose a bad reward for the target players playing them.

The title system needs to be remade NOW! It’s so useless right now that gives them no alternative to minis when looking for a reward that gives progression. Watch one of wooden potatoes videos about top 10 things he wants for feature pach, where he talks about titles and their potential.
We also need Unique skins and outfits for PVP. They have the same potential.

(edited by Aztex.4895)

in PvP

Followedbyrocks.8751

If they want it that badly they can try one of the solo friendly tournaments. I know I am. Will I get one? Probably not, but I am going to work my tail off trying to do it. I did it to get the Liadri mini, I can suck it up and face this challenge too.

I would try one of the solo friendly tournaments, but due to the fact I’m in EU I can’t.

Giving something PVE players want is a good way to make them try PVP, but that kind of reward is only acceptable for casual and ingame playing and it should be something that gives progression. That’s why instead of the current leaderboards they should be creating a league with divisions, where only winning maches in the lowest division could give you mini pets. And Lavish lama only if they are promoted. Take mystic forge off the equation (there isnt one in PvP, so why do we have to use it?)
Anet made a good decision with offgame and serious Tournaments, but chose a bad reward for the target players playing them.

The title system needs to be remade NOW! It’s so useless right now that gives them no alternative to minis when looking for a reward that gives progression. Watch one of wooden potatoes videos about top 10 things he wants for feature pach, where he talks about titles and their potential.
We also need Unique skins and outfits for PVP. They have the same potential.

I completely agree with this!

in PvP

Posted by: Daniel Frozenwind.2946

Daniel Frozenwind.2946

All tournaments are already in-game. :P

When I said select tournaments, I mean our community events.

To those who are asking for ways to attain Mini Llama’s via PvE, Arena-Net have provided good quantities of them in the past for large established community events, I see no reason for them not to carry this on at some point, especially with the new mystic forge recipes.

One (1) Snowman Helm required. 100k + XXX Ecto.

in PvP

Posted by: boo.3582

boo.3582

I saw a mini lavish llama in LA but didn’t see it dance?

in PvP

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

I saw a mini lavish llama in LA but didn’t see it dance?

is it supposed to dance? I have the Mini Lavash Black Llama and never seen it dance

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

in PvP

Posted by: Gamble.4580

Gamble.4580

so there is me still hoping for amazing skins to be earn by doing years and years of pvp and instead of fighting for this we make a thread so talk about some lame mini. would not even care if it was a impossible grind task of lets say win 10k games and get a pvp back cloke i would be happy its there.

[UNTY] Unity guild -AG server
Asura -Thief