30s for team queue win? PvE makes 5g+/hour

in PvP

Posted by: tichorum.2415

tichorum.2415

Say you’re doing team queue. You get 4-5 team queues per hour. Assuming you win all 5 of them you get 1.5 gold.

PvErs make 5-10g/hour farming champs in Frostgorge, doing something mindless like that gets them more gold than doing PvP team queues.

This really is an atrocious number compared to what PvErs get. If you’re wanting to make gold the all-around currency, PvPers are going to be extremely far behind because of the lack of gold you’re giving us, thus forcing us to PvE if we want to keep up with PvErs in terms of getting the gear we want to have, etc.

Sure, hotjoin and solo queue gold rates are fine, but you only get 5s more for a team queue win than solo queue win? That doesn’t make much sense to me.

Note: the gold is a good thing, but we’re making absolutely nothing to what PvErs are which needs to be changed, especially if you’re wanting gold as the all-around currency.

Former PvP commentator for ESL & Arenanet.

I used to run the Academy Gaming tournaments for GW2.

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Yeah, I pretty much called it saying 20s, 30 isn’t much better. 50s-80s for a tpvp would have been acceptable. That would have been like at best 3.5g an hour. I don’t think it’s luring me back into Conquest at this state. It’s a nice gesture, but its not enough, especially since gold will be more valuable in pvp now, it wasn’t enough.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in PvP

Posted by: Asomal.6453

Asomal.6453

Wth are you talking about? The gold income shouldn’t be astronomical as PVE. Otherwise you would see more and more people going for tPvP and SoloQ, just to farm gold, aka afkers and newbies. No more gold for win, thank you

in PvP

Posted by: Nabrok.9023

Nabrok.9023

They specifically said the rewards would be based around average play, not farming.

1.5g/hour sounds about right, if not a bit generous, for average play. It’s also more than you’re likely to get in WvW.

“I’m not a PvE, WvW, or PvP player – I am a Guild Wars 2 player”
Tarnished Coast – Dissentient [DIS]
All classes

in PvP

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Indeed the gold rates are pathetic. So with 50/50 win rate it only 1g/hour

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in PvP

Posted by: Oraith.1732

Oraith.1732

What makes me upset the most is the people who will benefit from the new vendor the most will be the pve skyhammer farmers. They already do pve enough to have enough gold for the pvp cultrals, and the pvp dungeon gear, and since they farmed they have the glory too.

in PvP

tichorum.2415

Wth are you talking about? The gold income shouldn’t be astronomical as PVE. Otherwise you would see more and more people going for tPvP and SoloQ, just to farm gold, aka afkers and newbies. No more gold for win, thank you

What do you mean “see more and more people going for tPvP and SoloQ, just to farm gold”?

That’s all PvErs do! Farm champs mindlessly!

Plus, we NEED more PvPers, isn’t that a good thing to have more people to play? Who cares if it’s for the gold, perhaps they’ll grow on it and enjoy PvP and make something of it.

in PvP

Posted by: RustyEyeballs.8927

RustyEyeballs.8927

So they said the idea was to reward PvPers along the lines of the average PvEers. I think this doesn’t give enough opportunity for the GREAT PvPers to earn the crazy cash that GREAT PvEers get.

The only way I can see to give equal opportunity is to reward more skilled PvPers with much rarer items (or exponentially more gold) for beating equally skilled PvPers. AKA When Matchmaking/Leagues are in place, heavily dish out gold/valuable items for the people at the top and proportionally at the middle and bottom.

(edited by RustyEyeballs.8927)

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Indeed the gold rates are pathetic. So with 50/50 win rate it only 1g/hour

And to put it into perspective, you need 60,000 glory and 60g (60 hours of team PvP) on average to get the T3 cultural, when the idea in general was to even the pace from pvp and pve. Point is overall, no we don’t want PvErs farming PvP for gold only, but hell, PVE still has to too much easier than we do. But its okay. I’m waiting for 2v2s or something. 30s a win in tpvp isn’t enough to make me want to do conquest anymore than I do now. :/

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in PvP

Asomal.6453

What do you mean “see more and more people going for tPvP and SoloQ, just to farm gold”?

Plus, we NEED more PvPers, isn’t that a good thing to have more people to play? Who cares if it’s for the gold, perhaps they’ll grow on it and enjoy PvP and make something of it.

You wont get more PvPrs because they won’t be there to help you win or to play at all. All you’ll get is more afkers and people joining just to earn gold, even if losing

in PvP

tichorum.2415

You wont get more PvPrs because they won’t be there to help you win or to play at all. All you’ll get is more afkers and people joining just to earn gold, even if losing

Bro, my post is about team queue. I don’t care about the solo queue win earnings. Those are fine.

They’re rewarding players, but they’re not rewarding the people who take the time to get a team together and team queue (which takes more time than solo queue) much better than solo queuers or any PvErs who mindlessly attacking champions for hours straight while watching Netflix.

in PvP

Posted by: hooma.9642

hooma.9642

What makes me upset the most is the people who will benefit from the new vendor the most will be the pve skyhammer farmers. They already do pve enough to have enough gold for the pvp cultrals, and the pvp dungeon gear, and since they farmed they have the glory too.

yeah i dont understand why anet dont want give pvp player gold for previous wins… they cant argue with game economy cause they know a lot of ppl would immediatly buy t3 armors as long they have the needed glory.

the next thing what is missing is a multiplicator for waiting times.. ever played at night? u wait 30mins or more for 1 game.

in PvP

Posted by: Drexciyian.9453

Drexciyian.9453

I’d rather they low ball it so it discourage’s people queuing to afk lose for free money

BOON Control

in PvP

Asomal.6453

Bro, my post is about team queue. I don’t care about the solo queue win earnings. Those are fine.

They’re rewarding players, but they’re not rewarding the people who take the time to get a team together and team queue (which takes more time than solo queue) much better than solo queuers or any PvErs who mindlessly attacking champions for hours straight while watching Netflix.

Even in tPvP, would you like to play against a team of 4 afkers because, lol 70s per lose?

in PvP

tichorum.2415

Even in tPvP, would you like to play against a team of 4 afkers because, lol 70s per lose?

That’s why it’s a TEAM queue. You queue with 5 people, not by yourself. That’s what solo queue is for.

in PvP

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I would rather have it 1g per win and 0s per loose

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in PvP

Posted by: Tranassa.4968

Tranassa.4968

THIS!

I think the amount fits the purpose, which is for sure not to make us all Donald Ducks! (Maybe come back to this idea for April Fool…)
If you want more money just go and farm champs or play the trading post -.-

I’m playing on EU
Automated Tournaments!

in PvP

tichorum.2415

THIS!

I think the amount fits the purpose, which is for sure not to make us all Donald Ducks! (Maybe come back to this idea for April Fool…)
If you want more money just go and farm champs or play the trading post -.-

You aren’t going to get AFKers in team queue if you use team queue for it’s purpose: team queue. Solo queue if you’re alone.

Oh and for those of you that will say “what if we have 3 people and need 2 more?” Well the LFG tool is available for everyone now and it has PvP in it as well. You can guarantee yourself you won’t get 2 AFKers.

in PvP

Posted by: Rarnark.5623

Rarnark.5623

Don’t bother getting good at the game.

Champ farming is WAY more profitable then playing tpvp matches in the top 100.

GG

Spirit Bae
Bad Boy Teenager Club [BBTC]
twitch.tv/rarnark

in PvP

Asomal.6453

That’s why it’s a TEAM queue. You queue with 5 people, not by yourself. That’s what solo queue is for.

As far as i know, you can join TEAM queue solo

in PvP

tichorum.2415

As far as i know, you can join TEAM queue solo

That’s you playing at your own risk if you so choose to do that. That’s not the point of it, so if you get AFKers that’s your fault, not ANet’s because they are giving people more silver for team queue.

in PvP

Posted by: Erwin.5603

Erwin.5603

More than 4 teamqs / hour is impossible, If u have a decently high rank its not more than 3 / hour. I really don’t care about gold, but I doubt this will bring more people to sPvP.

Fixi

in PvP

Posted by: Bombsaway.7198

Bombsaway.7198

The glory costs are too high to drive PvErs to care. Glory costs should be 1/2 or 1k per tome/level. That would make people create alts in PvP.

in PvP

Posted by: Smiley.5376

Smiley.5376

Tome cost: to high

• it should be 1-1.25K/h, this would make it on par with casual PvE

Reward for tPvP wins: to low

• it should be at least 50s and 30s for soloQ and 70s and 50s for teamQ. 50/50 w/l would make it 2.4 and 3.2G/h. This still means that players dedicated( to tPvP can only make 1/3 of what players dedicated(farming champ trains) to PvE will make…

Armor prices: acceptable

• up prices a bit if you up the gold earned for tPvP

If they implement the changes as they are, they won’t be attracting any new/old players to the pvp community. The gold reward and pace at which you’ll be leveling will just be to low.

(edited by Smiley.5376)

in PvP

Posted by: Dustin.2793

Dustin.2793

Yeah i agree. So go ahead and up the reward for team tpvp. Now.

Magic Toker // Thief // The Abjured
http://www.twitch.tv/magictoker

in PvP

Posted by: Oraith.1732

Oraith.1732

Tome cost: to high

• it should be 1-1.25K/h, this would make it on par with casual PvE

Reward for tPvP wins: to low

• it should be at least 50s and 30s for soloQ and 70s and 50s for teamQ. 50/50 w/l would make it 2.4 and 3.2G/h. This still means that players dedicated( to tPvP can only make 1/3 of what players dedicated(farming champ trains) to PvE will make…

Armor prices: acceptable

• up prices a bit if you up the gold earned for tPvP

If they implement the changes as they are, they won’t be attracting any new/old players to the pvp community. The gold reward and pace at which you’ll be leveling will just be to low.

I like that reward amount, but I think they should keep the amount you get from losing the same as they have it now (very low). 50s for losing is too much imo

in PvP

Posted by: google.3709

google.3709

Yah…. TeamQ should be higher to encourage people to actually make teams

in PvP

Posted by: Requiem.8769

Requiem.8769

2g per hour is 2g more than we got before. Not to mention the numerous uses we now have for glory. You were given a present; it just isn’t as big as you were hoping for. That doesn’t give you a right to complain.

in PvP

Posted by: ahuba.6430

ahuba.6430

pve’rs dont make 5g an hour. farmers and tp flippers do.

in PvP

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

Should scale with averages based on dungeon runs.

30s for 15 min(max) doesn’t sound right to me even a short 8 min match is 3.75 silver a min. You make more in open world killing random stuff in Orr…

CoF p1 ignoring hard core 6-7 min runs, is still like 1g for 10 min. Granted that’s only once per day but it’s not like the other dungeons are much longer… and even if they are let’s be generous and call it 20-30min per dungeon run with a pug. (for normally run dungeons)

So even with generous numbers PvE is still hitting 1-1.5g per 20-30 min while we get 60s max every two games.

Once again WvW messes with sPvP. These “Averages” are from people in both WvW and PvE yeah? People who are just messing around in open world, and those banking on the ebb and flow of the zergs in WvW (with RNG thrown in based on loot) bring down the averages for almost no reason…

I don’t think we should be looking a gift horse in the mouth given that we’re actually getting something now. But I have to agree that if this is all going pure gold no glory we’re gonna have the pure PvPers behind people who farmed out 6 legendaries carried by the Gods of RNG with all his wonderful stuff, yet can’t beat a r20 Ele in the current meta…

I really hope there is some sort of pvp play barrier put in place for the future.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

in PvP

Posted by: CachoDm.4639

CachoDm.4639

Pvp is more enjoyable than spamming #1 on bosses though, js.

R48 Nooßlêss Multiclass Looking for a best friend.

in PvP

Posted by: KumaTazZ.8054

KumaTazZ.8054

Real Pvpers don’t use gold.

in PvP

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

Didn’t they say it’d be equivalent to what PvErs would get on average?

Top lel.

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

in PvP

Posted by: RaynStargaze.6510

RaynStargaze.6510

this pretty much

also they still need to solve the issue with leechers now in both soloq and hotjoin.

Leeching money sounds very easy