5 man teams required in ranked

in PvP

Posted by: BLIKSEM DOOD.2176

BLIKSEM DOOD.2176

we need five man teams in ranked games – PVP guilds need this as that is how we practice and enjoy pvp,also how we teach newbies the fine arts of pvp play

in PvP

Posted by: Azoqu.8917

Azoqu.8917

If Anet ever made ranked PvP 5-mans only, PvP would die instantly that day and queues would be hours long (yes I’m exaggerating a bit, but it would make it so no PvEer comes out in numbers).

in PvP

BLIKSEM DOOD.2176

we need the possibility to enter ranked with 5 members in a team when season is active not like last time they limited us to 2 team members only

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

If Anet ever made ranked PvP 5-mans only, PvP would die instantly that day and queues would be hours long (yes I’m exaggerating a bit, but it would make it so no PvEer comes out in numbers).

Please, PvE players know how to use the lfg tool better than anyone else. PvP would be just fine if it was 5-man queue only. Only the anti-social players and really bad players that no one wants would have issues.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in PvP

Posted by: Rod.6581

Rod.6581

Where did you get that “only” from?
He only said we want to be able to que ranked with our 5-man party.

in PvP

Azoqu.8917

Where did you get that “only” from?
He only said we want to be able to que ranked with our 5-man party.

And 5-man would be a separate queue from solo and duo otherwise we just go back to Seasons 1-4 which was a farming train wreck. So don’t kid yourself that 5-man queues would be an amazing solution. If you want to 5-man, join the PvP tournaments that come along every so often and don’t play the farce that is ranked PvP because you’ll never come across decent games. I have yet to meet someone who queues with 5 that isn’t doing it to just crush solos and duos.

Edit: to say “with 5” instead of “kitten ”

in PvP

Posted by: SweetPotato.7456

SweetPotato.7456

we need five man teams in ranked games – PVP guilds need this as that is how we practice and enjoy pvp,also how we teach newbies the fine arts of pvp play

If you want a five players team, you find a five players team why would you force other players who bought this game with the promise that they can play solo through out into a five players team?

The last time I tried a five players team, took nearly 45 minutes to set up, play one match everyone rage quit…,

Better to have two pvp queues one 5 players team, and leave the solo queue be solo queue.

Plus use the custom PvP to play with other guilds is cool too.

Guild Wars 2 Forever

(edited by SweetPotato.7456)

in PvP

Rod.6581

And 5-man would be a separate queue from solo and duo otherwise we just go back to Seasons 1-4 which was a farming train wreck. So don’t kid yourself that 5-man queues would be an amazing solution. If you want to 5-man, join the PvP tournaments that come along every so often and don’t play the farce that is ranked PvP because you’ll never come across decent games. I have yet to meet someone who queues with 5 that isn’t doing it to just crush solos and duos.

Edit: to say “with 5” instead of “kitten ”

There you go again making stuff up.

Never in this post was matchmaking system discussed. Is it solo+duo separate from quintet or is it duo, trio+quintet, or solo+duo+quintet all together?

I don’t care. I just want option to play ranked with 5 man team.

If you wanna discuss what matchmaking system is best, go to : https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Season-6-RESULTS-POLL/first#post6501822

If you want a five players team, you find a five players team why would you force other players who bought this game with the promise that they can play solo through out into a five players team?

And why do you deny people who bough the game with promise they can que with 5 man team to do so again?

in PvP

Azoqu.8917

Never in this post was matchmaking system discussed. Is it solo+duo separate from quintet or is it duo, trio+quintet, or solo+duo+quintet all together?

Pretty sure:

we need five man teams in ranked games

Implies adding it to matchmaking.

in PvP

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

The pvp community in GW2 has never been big enough to support a competetive 5v5 scene.

If they do add the possibility to join as a 5 man team, it will only reduce the competetiveness. Due to the lack of competetive teams the majority of 5 man teams where and will be used as a tool to gain an edge over smaller scale teams.

in PvP

Rod.6581

While that may be true, we won’t know if we don’t try.

According to this poll people are willing to try new things.

Current system got only 11% votes.

in PvP

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

ANet needs to separate ranked into two options: Solo and Team Queue. Solo queue means you queue alone & team queue means you queue as a party of 5

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

5 man teams make people look and feel better than they are, farming solos. Sorry, I guess that must feel good, but I’m not willing to play punching bag for someone else’s jollies.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Posted by: megilandil.7506

megilandil.7506

Ranked is for getting a personal rank, 5-man teams hides your true personal rank behind team skill, there is a need of some team game mode, but its not the actual ranked ,no ofseason or in season

in PvP

Posted by: Master Ketsu.4569

Master Ketsu.4569

This.

Every single time solo queue was a non option, the queues died. And not just in GW2, but pretty much every single queue based PvP format in every single MMO in the history of gaming that did something like this always saw their queue time shoot through the roof.

A 5-Man queue is absolutely fine – AS A SEPARATE QUEUE. Honestly there should be two queues one for solo another for teams-only.

But having 5-Man replace solo queue? Absolutely not. Anyone who thinks that is a good idea needs to check their history and check your facts because this isn’t even something that is up for the debate. It’s a verifiable, repeatable fact that you absolutely cannot have a sustainable PvP community without solo being viable. The people who think it’s a good idea only believe so because they are living in an echo chamber surrounded by their PvP guildies. The overwhelming majority of the population will simply not queue.

(edited by Master Ketsu.4569)

in PvP

Posted by: Acrisor.8097

Acrisor.8097

As players, we voted solo-duo. This boat has shipped away long ago, to never return again.

in PvP

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

5 man teams make people look and feel better than they are, farming solos. Sorry, I guess that must feel good, but I’m not willing to play punching bag for someone else’s jollies.

This falsity needs to stop being perpetuated. Just because people queue together doesn’t instantly make them any better or more coordinated. Even if they get on voice comm, if they don’t know how to rotate or focus, it won’t help them.

Groups typically get an edge because they balance our their builds and tend to respect their builds’ roles more than a PUG. And those qualities are synonymous with increased skill.

As players, we voted solo-duo. This boat has shipped away long ago, to never return again.

The previous poll was predicated on it lasting only a season with a subsequent post-season vote on whether to keep it. ANet changed their mind after the fact and I’m sure if people knew this was permanent, the vote tally would’ve been much different.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

(edited by Exedore.6320)

in PvP

Posted by: Sorem.9157

Sorem.9157

Do whatever you want but don’t mix solo/duo queue with team queue.

Edit: AND RATING ! Don’t mix the both queues’ ratings or MMR.

MIGHTY SOREM STRIKES AGAIN!!!!

in PvP

Locuz.2651

Without a 5-player-teamqueue, you will never have a working mmr based matchmaking.
So I guess you have to decide what you want. MMR based matchmaking what actually works. Or a single-player queue.
And I don´t know if the spvp player population is great enough to fill both, a sinlge- player-queue and a 5-player-team-queue.
If you ask me they have to force people to a 5-player-teamqueue.
They need to try it if they rly ever want a working mmr based matchmaking.

The spvp in this game was never suppost to be a grindfest for some pve fuc**** who what some fancy skins and chest!! So why we are even discussing about this.

We had a split group/5 man and soloq ladder in the past….

The community wasnt big enough to fill the 5 man ladder up. The quality of games was so low that i got in to the top 100 of the teamq while playing solo.

in PvP

Posted by: Ilyaniii.3918

Ilyaniii.3918

I enjoy the 2’s queues. Don’t listen to the angrys, please.

in PvP

Posted by: gw niko.1049

gw niko.1049

Without a 5-player-teamqueue, you will never have a working mmr based matchmaking.
So I guess you have to decide what you want. MMR based matchmaking what actually works. Or a single-player queue.
And I don´t know if the spvp player population is great enough to fill both, a sinlge- player-queue and a 5-player-team-queue.
If you ask me they have to force people to a 5-player-teamqueue.
They need to try it if they rly ever want a working mmr based matchmaking.

The spvp in this game was never suppost to be a grindfest for some pvelers who what some fancy skins and chest!! So why we are even discussing about this.

in PvP

gw niko.1049

Locoz, when I talk about 5-player-teamqueue, I´m talking about premade groups. So you couldn´t even queue solo. So what are you even talking about?

in PvP

BLIKSEM DOOD.2176

all i meant right at the start was you must have the option to enter into ranked with UP TO 5 team members when season is active – last time you could only enter with max 2 players in a team

in PvP

Posted by: Jourdelune.7456

Jourdelune.7456

I am sorry, 80% of the voters didn’t played more than 100 spvp games.

This was like a PVER thing to kill the small SPVP community that struggle for 4 years… no more, no less.

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

in PvP

gw niko.1049

@Jourdelure. Anet basicely replaced the whole original spvp community with pve people playing casual spvp for fancy skins and chest.
They kind of didn´t even care for the spvp in this game in the first place and I know it,
I basicelly only played spvp since release.
It´s sad and disappointing but it´s the truth.

in PvP

Ithilwen.1529

Please, PvE players know how to use the lfg tool better than anyone else. PvP would be just fine if it was 5-man queue only. Only the anti-social players and really bad players that no one wants would have issues.

(the emphasis is mine ) And there is the central issue and reason why this idea will never work.

Players don’t want the “freedom” to queue as a team. They want the “freedom” to exclude. Raids are proof enough of that.

Pretty soon we’d have dps trials to get on a PvP team. NO THANKS. Go exclude somewhere else.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

(the emphasis is mine ) And there is the central issue and reason why this idea will never work.

Players don’t want the “freedom” to queue as a team. They want the “freedom” to exclude. Raids are proof enough of that.

Pretty soon we’d have dps trials to get on a PvP team. NO THANKS. Go exclude somewhere else.

unreal. like your point of view & line of reasoning, like wow dude.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in PvP

Ithilwen.1529

Sorry, I don’t understand.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Shaogin.2679

Please don’t tell players what they want. You do not speak for everyone. I was merely stating the system would work fine. Of course solo queue would still exist for the very reason I stated, it has to exist for the anit-social and/or bad players that no one wants on their team.

It is actually pretty rude how you constantly insult players that simply want to play on a team with their friends. You constantly come on these forums talking about how they just want to stomp pugs, or they need other people to boost their ratings, or now apparently they are only interested in excluding people.

I’m sorry that you have a bad experience with other players, but stop stereotyping others because they enjoy raids or team pvp.

Gate of Madness

in PvP

choovanski.5462

Sorry, I don’t understand.

you remind me of an ex-flatmate who kept on having conflict in every house he lived in so he had to move all the time. he didn’t understand either.

in PvP

Posted by: flog.3485

flog.3485

Hmmm What about going back to GW1 system ? Solo queue and teamqueue of 5. Players go solo and and they are paired with other solos from the same rating range. When such team wins, they stay together and are then put against a team of other solos which are new or which have already have won some game(s) as well. Once a team of random solos have won 5 games together they become eligible to face premades of 5 and gain additional pips if they win. The team of solos or premade that lose just goes back to PvP lobby

in PvP

choovanski.5462

look, i know you’re unhappy that you got kicked from that raid group Ithilwen, & that sucks, but pvp is a team game. you are part of a team even in solo queue, a random team, but still a team. so letting people choose their teams only makes sense.

there are arguments about queue, but it’s all just assumption. no one really knows how having solo & team queue separate would work. maybe have it so duos & trios can queue it team & get matched up? give bigger rewards? maybe a guild leader board, show the top 100 guild tags in the sky box for HotM, bigger guilds w bigger icons.

there are a lot of ways to do a team queue, im not sure whats the best. but i am sure that it’s best to play a team game as a team.

in PvP

Ithilwen.1529

That’s not correct. There used to be team queue and solo queue. They were combined because those who wanted to choose there teams had a hard time getting games.

Solution? Let the teams farm solos. We can all see how well that worked out in S1-S4.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

choovanski.5462

That’s not correct. There used to be team queue and solo queue. They were combined because those who wanted to choose there teams had a hard time getting games.

Solution? Let the teams farm solos. We can all see how well that worked out in S1-S4.

That explanation is debated. furthermore guild wars and the community are not the same as they were. Also the application, or incentives for team queue (or Guild Queue as i would call it, if it were up to me) don’t have to be the same either. i’d love to see it tested rather than left to speculation.

Personally, i’d have a Guild Que. Require a Guild Team of minimum 3 guild members (other two can be from any guild) & ban class stacking. Rank teams on a leaderboard. Give good rewards for wins, little or nothing for a loss. Have a monthly casted tournament for the top guild teams at the end of the month. Fly the winners flag in HotM.
Build up hype & guild pride.

There are a lot of ways to encourage the community to embrace a team queue. I think it could be really successful. Because most of the community hates solo queue, they hate bad teammates, bad comps, no one listening, having duos stacked against them, having a bad comp, & so many other things. team queue solves so many of people’s frustrations with pvp, i think it’s got a chance. hey, all you gotta do is be social in an mmo.

also, do you not know what the word ‘separate’ means? do you read my posts? i dont want a mixed queue.

in PvP

Posted by: Altie.4571

Altie.4571

Pretty sure:

we need five man teams in ranked games

Implies adding it to matchmaking.

No it doesn’t! You’re really stretching to counter an argument he isn’t making.

The OP clearly asked for a 5v5 OPTION. Anyone have an issue with that? Why?

As someone who only queue’s solo, I find it a great idea. It should be back and available for teams to battle it out who’s best!

When scientists discover the center of the universe,
a lot of people will be disappointed they are not it.

in PvP

Ithilwen.1529

There are a lot of ways to encourage the community to embrace a team queue. I think it could be really successful. Because most of the community hates solo queue, they hate bad teammates, bad comps, no one listening, having duos stacked against them, having a bad comp, & so many other things. team queue solves so many of people’s frustrations with pvp, i think it’s got a chance. hey, all you gotta do is be social in an mmo.

also, do you not know what the word ‘separate’ means? do you read my posts? i dont want a mixed queue.

Clipped for brevity and clarity. The emphasis is mine.

There’s a large part of the problem in a nutshell. What is a “bad” player? They don’t listen and obey YOU and are therefore bad?

This isn’t The Army.. where I obeyed reflexively. It’s a game for recreation. By the way, what makes you qualified to give orders? I didn’t raise my right hand and swear to obey here in Tyria. Here, you need to lead by merit.

However it is explained and justified… 5 man groups are by there nature exclusionary. They give an obvious advantage in mixed queue and they divide the community.

It’s been shown that population doesn’t support separate queues which is why we have a mixed queue now.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

choovanski.5462

Clipped for brevity and clarity. The emphasis is mine.

There’s a large part of the problem in a nutshell. What is a “bad” player? They don’t listen and obey YOU and are therefore bad?

This isn’t The Army.. where I obeyed reflexively. It’s a game for recreation. By the way, what makes you qualified to give orders? I didn’t raise my right hand and swear to obey here in Tyria. Here, you need to lead by merit.

However it is explained and justified… 5 man groups are by there nature exclusionary. They give an obvious advantage in mixed queue and they divide the community.

It’s been shown that population doesn’t support separate queues which is why we have a mixed queue now.

im sorry i just can’t deal with you. you’ve got a lot of hang ups, & terrible reading comprehension, & i just don’t have the patience.

i wrote a comprehensive reply, you didn’t understand it, & have instead become really defensive & emotional. you’re acting like a child.

im done.

in PvP

Ithilwen.1529

I made a reasoned reply. If you do not wish to make a reasoned reply in return, well.. see you later or not.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Shaogin.2679

Please don’t tell players what they want. You do not speak for everyone. I was merely stating the system would work fine. Of course solo queue would still exist for the very reason I stated, it has to exist for the anit-social and/or bad players that no one wants on their team.

It is actually pretty rude how you constantly insult players that simply want to play on a team with their friends. You constantly come on these forums talking about how they just want to stomp pugs, or they need other people to boost their ratings, or now apparently they are only interested in excluding people.

I’m sorry that you have a bad experience with other players, but stop stereotyping others because they enjoy raids or team pvp.

It’s pretty rude how you portray people who want to solo queue and/or don’t agree with you as “the anit-social and/or bad players that no one wants on their team."

Insulting me, for having (allegedly) insulted you, is hypocritical at best. I suggest you consider your own ethics before assailing mine.

You are simply twisting my words. I did not call all solo queue players anti-social and bad. I stated solo queue would need to exist for those that are anti-social (which is not an insult btw) and those that are just bad at pvp and will not be wanted on other’s teams. If no sólo queue existed, typical solo queue players could still adapt, but the anti-social and unwanted players would be left with no way to play pvp.

Maybe take a break and think about how you are stereotyping and demeaning others before posting again? I get that you are probably defensive due to past interaction with players, but now you are treating others the way you hate to be treated.

Gate of Madness

in PvP

Shaogin.2679

That explanation is debated. furthermore guild wars and the community are not the same as they were. Also the application, or incentives for team queue (or Guild Queue as i would call it, if it were up to me) don’t have to be the same either. i’d love to see it tested rather than left to speculation.

Personally, i’d have a Guild Que. Require a Guild Team of minimum 3 guild members (other two can be from any guild) & ban class stacking. Rank teams on a leaderboard. Give good rewards for wins, little or nothing for a loss. Have a monthly casted tournament for the top guild teams at the end of the month. Fly the winners flag in HotM.
Build up hype & guild pride.

You know, I think that is the best idea I’ve heard so far for implementing a team queue. This could create a decent competitive scene and give PvP guilds a reason to exist, all while not affecting players that prefer solo queue.

Gate of Madness

in PvP

Locuz.2651

Locoz, when I talk about 5-player-teamqueue, I´m talking about premade groups. So you couldn´t even queue solo. So what are you even talking about?

Dont get me wrong. I wish GW2 pvp was popular enough that it can support a 5 man ladder…but it isnt.

There used to be a time when we had 2 ladders: one for solo players and one for teams. The teamladder was so unpopular tho that i got in to the top 100 while playing solo. That was during a time when GW2 was notably more popular on media like twitch etc.

They needed the solo players back then to get queues to pop. I remember the times i did queue with a team that we had to wait for 30+ minutes in between games. Just to get a game vs a group of solo players.

What makes you think that a 5 man or team only ladder could work this time around?

What changed?

in PvP

Locuz.2651

That explanation is debated. furthermore guild wars and the community are not the same as they were.

So what changed?

What makes you think it will work this time around?

in PvP

Shaogin.2679

That explanation is debated. furthermore guild wars and the community are not the same as they were.

So what changed?

What makes you think it will work this time around?

PvP population has improved from what it used to be for starters. Also, during the old Solo Queue and Team Queue days, Team Queue had shorter queue times for me and better matches than Solo Queue.

If they just threw Team Queue in as an option with no incentives over Solo Queue to put in the extra work then no, Team Queue will not work out.

However, as previously mentioned, if they did something as simple as having a Guild Team Queue with the top Guilds getting something to meaningful to show off at the end, I could see that drawing some attention.

I would like to say though that it would need to be a queue for 5-man teams only. This whole mixed queue never works out and was the cause of all the frustration that caused people to vote away Team Queue in the first place.

Point is, a properly implemented Team Queue could possibly work with the current population and new PvP features. So much has changed in PvP since the old split queues that it is at least worth a try. Not to mention, it’s pretty silly to deny PvP players the opportunity to compete alongside their friends/guild in an MMO.

Edit: Also, implying that a separate Team Queue shouldn’t exist simply because a poorly implemented version of it (which wasn’t even a 5v5 queue, it was a mixed queue) existed long ago when PvP was a shadow of what it is now is a pretty poor reason.

Gate of Madness

(edited by Shaogin.2679)

in PvP

Acrisor.8097

PvP in 5v5 premade teams can no longer exist. People voted for SoloQ. They wanted SoloQ so badly that when it was non-existent the forum was full with such requests. You may be surprised, but during seasons the majority of PvP players was/is composed of PvE players wanting to play alone just like in PvE (dungeons, fractals, map events, and so on).

SoloQ players form a large portion of PvP, especially during seasons. And, undoubtedly, they hate premade enemy teams, because they hate their coordination with voice chat, their synergy, their dedication, their commitment and their strong will, all that together. Premade teams demolish SoloQ players in PvP, that is a fact (exceptions have been noticed, but rarely). SoloQ players get defeated often by full premades, and because of this they don’t want to play against premade teams, period. As result, this is exactly why we now have the great Solo-Duo.

Solo-Duo is not a solution, but a compromise of history. It’s ArenaNet’s way of answering to SoloQ, but trying to keep their dignity in a 5v5 product. It’s ugly to be in their position. The game is designed for teamwork with combos and team synergy at a very fast speed, but people like to play alone and farm the kitten out of this game just for some rewards to be used in PvE. It’s the ugly truth, nobody should be in the developer’s skin.

Now, what’s left… is nothing. Top PvP teams sensed it and many left. Competitions are no longer organized, even ESL stopped doing PvP competions of 5v5 in GuildWars2. The system is broken, it’s a concept mistake, and we all know it. However, people love it, and love it so much that for some ascended armors Season 5 was a huge success. Season 6 will be the same with solo-duo (developers already announced it on Reddit). Changes in balance patches were insignificant for current meta… why? … because they want to keep this success and this current meta. The current meta is probably considered a starting point for more development, because of it’s success and good feedback.

Asking for 5v5 team is impossible. All the good feedback of solo-duo, all requests fulfilled in SoloQ, all the happiness from people who got ascended is so high that this topic is irrelevant from the start.

Remember, PvE players are happy, and that is all that matters because they are many. Besides, if we had only 5v5 premades, like the game was designed to be, we (the PvP players) would cry and scream and complain for the long queue time (as PvE majority would me missing). Now judge for yourself.

(edited by Acrisor.8097)

in PvP

Shaogin.2679

Really wish people would stop bringing up the vote. People voted to remove teams from solo queue, not to abolish any form of Team Queue completely. Furthermore, this vote was greatly influenced by the large amount of players associating their losses with being matched up against teams while playing solo.

If there was worthwhile incentive for playing in a Team Queue and if it was properly implemented, it could definitely work. Do I think Anet will put in the work when the majority of players is content with the current PvP farm? Probably not. But to say 5v5 Team Queue is impossible and could no longer exist is quite a stretch.

Gate of Madness

in PvP

Locuz.2651

Dear mister Shoagin Your post is littered "facts"that arent backed up by anything.

“PvP population has improved from what it used to be for starters.”

Ohh?

What you need to maintain a 5v5 ladder is consistancty. You need a huge mix of hardcore and casual teams to fill a ladder from top to bottom. Besides random teams that play once a month you need teams that play hours per day aswell. What factual data do you have that shows that the population is big and consistant enough to maintain a ladder like this?

“However, as previously mentioned, if they did something as simple as having a Guild Team Queue with the top Guilds getting something to meaningful to show off at the end, I could see that drawing some attention. "

You need teams that play for the sake of playing to fill up a ladder. Incentivizing is great but it needs to be the cherry on the top. If the incentive becomes the main draw your ladder will die out. People will do “just enough” to get to the incentive and thats it. A clear cut example is RBGs in wow. Where the top teams play 1 day after each weekly reset. Once their obligated weekly games are done, they stop playing. Result is that queues whont pop on any day but that reset day (if youre above a certain rating)

“Point is, a properly implemented Team Queue could possibly work with the current population and new PvP features. So much has changed in PvP since the old split queues that it is at least worth a try. Not to mention, it’s pretty silly to deny PvP players the opportunity to compete alongside their friends/guild in an MMO.”

Possibly? So much has changed? What has changed?

Its not about not wanting a teamqueue …. its about GW2 pvp not being popular enough to maintain a consistant 5v5 queue.

“Also, implying that a separate Team Queue shouldn’t exist simply because a poorly implemented version of it (which wasn’t even a 5v5 queue, it was a mixed queue) existed long ago when PvP was a shadow of what it is now is a pretty poor reason.”

So what youre saying that the ladder got poorly implemented and the pvp was a shadow of its former self? Two statements that are both vague and non factual.

(edited by Locuz.2651)

in PvP

Acrisor.8097

Really wish people would stop bringing up the vote. People voted to remove teams from solo queue, not to abolish any form of Team Queue completely. Furthermore, this vote was greatly influenced by the large amount of players associating their losses with being matched up against teams while playing solo.

If there was worthwhile incentive for playing in a Team Queue and if it was properly implemented, it could definitely work. Do I think Anet will put in the work when the majority of players is content with the current PvP farm? Probably not. But to say 5v5 Team Queue is impossible and could no longer exist is quite a stretch.

It can not exist. Again… history! 5v5 only existed in the past. The community was so small that queue times were even 45 minutes at high rank, screenshots with complaints were posted on forums by PvP players. This is exactly why Solo-Duo was introduced.

Now… would you wait with your team 15 minutes in prime-time for a match? If you would, would all your partners do the same?

in PvP

Posted by: jessiestiles.9437

jessiestiles.9437

Now… would you wait with your team 15 minutes in prime-time for a match? If you would, would all your partners do the same?

And when you do get a match the teams would likely be so unbalanced its won/lost before it’s started.

in PvP

Shaogin.2679

Dear mister Shoagin Your post is littered "facts"that arent backed up by anything.

I am not trying to state my opinions are “facts” so not sure what that is about.

“PvP population has improved from what it used to be for starters.”

Ohh?

What you need to maintain a 5v5 ladder is consistancty. You need a huge mix of hardcore and casual teams to fill a ladder from top to bottom. Besides random teams that play once a month you need teams that play hours per day aswell. What factual data do you have that shows that the population is big and consistant enough to maintain a ladder like this?

Here I was simply stating that the population is larger than what it used to be. I base that assumption off the difference in queue times from when I played during those old split queues and now, and the general activity I see. If you have any actual numbers showing otherwise, that would be nice to see. I find it hard to believe the population doesn’t exist when Anet can consistently throw players into matches in under 2 minutes throughout the season. What I do agree with is that the interest for a team queue, thus the population of players that would use team queue, might not be high enough. That is something that can be worked on though.

“However, as previously mentioned, if they did something as simple as having a Guild Team Queue with the top Guilds getting something to meaningful to show off at the end, I could see that drawing some attention. "

You need teams that play for the sake of playing to fill up a ladder. Incentivizing is great but it needs to be the cherry on the top. If the incentive becomes the main draw your ladder will die out. People will do “just enough” to get to the incentive and thats it. A clear cut example is RBGs in wow. Where the top teams play 1 day after each weekly reset. Once their obligated weekly games are done, they stop playing. Result is that queues whont pop on any day but that reset day (if youre above a certain rating)

The incentives I am speaking of here are not just limited to shinies like the current ascended gear rewards. It was mentioned by another player in this thread that the team queue could be a sort of guild vs guild competition, with the top Guilds getting something to show off in the end such as titles or their guild banners hanging up in HotM. Incentives such as these are more for bragging rights, and they usually appeal to the more competitive crowd and encourage participation throughout the entire season. This specific suggestion could even provide a reason for pvp guilds to exist at all, as there currently is none. Hell, they could even do this in little mini-seasons between the main pvp seasons, this way there isn’t even any conflict between the two queues.

“Point is, a properly implemented Team Queue could possibly work with the current population and new PvP features. So much has changed in PvP since the old split queues that it is at least worth a try. Not to mention, it’s pretty silly to deny PvP players the opportunity to compete alongside their friends/guild in an MMO.”

Possibly? So much has changed? What has changed?

Its not about not wanting a teamqueue …. its about GW2 pvp not being popular enough to maintain a consistant 5v5 queue.

“Also, implying that a separate Team Queue shouldn’t exist simply because a poorly implemented version of it (which wasn’t even a 5v5 queue, it was a mixed queue) existed long ago when PvP was a shadow of what it is now is a pretty poor reason.”

So what youre saying that the ladder got poorly implemented and the pvp was a shadow of its former self? Two statements that are both vague and non factual.

The changes I refer to are between the system as it is now and the system as it was during the old split queues. The old ladder never received much attention or promotion, it was kind of just there. There wasn’t really any decent matchmaking system set up at the time, there were no titles or badges to show off, no seasons, no visible ratings, and no special rewards. It simply didn’t have the structure that this previous season has had. Maybe you prefer the old system, I don’t know. You seem to think nothing has changed. Personally though, I love what they have done with pvp for the most part and many others seem to feel the same way. This is why I say it’s not a good comparison to say “well we had a split queue back then and it didn’t work so therefore it will never work again”.

Gate of Madness

in PvP

Locuz.2651

Maybe you prefer the old system, I don’t know. You seem to think nothing has changed. Personally though, I love what they have done with pvp for the most part and many others seem to feel the same way. This is why I say it’s not a good comparison to say “well we had a split queue back then and it didn’t work so therefore it will never work again”.

You love what they have done to pvp? What do you love? What is better now compared to then?

While the system itself got more polished the pvp itself is arguably worse, more spammy and less skillbased.

Engi for example whent from a highly skill and timing dependant prof during the rabid engi days till the spammy “I run around and just rotate all my stuff on CD” prof it is today.

The game itself became a lot more about “just spamming your (aoe) spells on cd and on point”. Think reaper vs old school necro. DH vs old school guard. Chrono vs old school mesmer.

Name one class that became more skillbased now if compared to just before HOT?

And ooh ye. The matchmaking is better if compared to the old days when ladders where split?

The system itself might be better. But due to the limited size of GW2 pvp community the matchmaking is pretty much the same. To avoid super long queues ppl will get matched up vs and with eachother, even if theyre far apart in rating.

“many others seem to feel the same way”.

Within my circle of in game friends/contacts ppl think the direct opposite. They feel the game whent from bad to worse.

Most of the time when i check GW2 on twitch, i dont even see a single pvp streamer with more than 10 viewers. All big names quited or just logg on to cash in during the bigger tournaments.

You must be the biggest optimist ever to think that adding another ladder to GW2 pvp will be succesfull.