50W-0L in Ranked so far.

50W-0L in Ranked so far.

in PvP

Posted by: Yasi.9065

Yasi.9065

Thing is, Vorch, the only reason it is ruby hell atm… is that you really need to play a lot better than in sapphire.

Lots of people got to ruby too fast imo and then they hit this wall… some banging there head against that wall daily and sinking their mmr into nothingness…
while others get on forum/reddit/lfg and look for a team to improve their winchances…
and again others (personally, I think those are the clever ones) they just realize its the end for them FOR THE MOMENT, and take a break for a few days to try again later, when lots of better players have moved on.

50W-0L in Ranked so far.

in PvP

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

It seems that you are either enjoying high win streaks or high losing streaks and not much in the middle.

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

50W-0L in Ranked so far.

in PvP

Yasi.9065

Thats not true… I started playing with others in the same situation as me, as a team of 3-5, a few days ago… and we win some, we loose some. More wins, but its often close matches that arent frustrating at all.

50W-0L in Ranked so far.

in PvP

Vorch.2985

And Yasi, that doesn’t address the point of this rank system.

There are other ranking systems that allow for top tier players to show off whilst also making the game engaging for the masses to enjoy (many fighting games and a few MMOs come to mind).

However, THIS ranking system seems to be encouraging only the top tier to play and everyone else to stay in a pen, pause their play for a few days, or stop playing all together.

Surely the design of a pvp season should never persuade players to stop playing. But that is exactly what this one is doing.

Now I’m not that great. Depending on class, my win ration is btwn 55-60%. However, I’ve seen some great winning streaks and some terrible losing streaks.

What bothered me about the losing streaks is that the games weren’t 400-500. They were 250 or LESS to 500. I just fought a 4man guild team with a team full of solo quers.

perhaps the gating of a legendary skin behind a mostly invisible system may be exacerbating the out cry, idk. Something just feels wrong with this.

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc

50W-0L in Ranked so far.

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Issue is that this is great for the top 10%.
However, for most others stuck in ruby hell, it’s a huge turn off.

Will the changes cause more people to play? Do you want less people playing?

Even if you’re in the top 10% (if only barely) you could still be in sapphire hell. I know people who were ruby and diamond (top1.5%?) who are having trouble in sapphire. I guess it’s a YMMV issue. I topped out at ruby last year so you need to go tighter than 10%.

When you get two thieves and a warrior on your team though and face off against lots of primordial legends you know the matchmaker hates your guts.

Attachments:

50W-0L in Ranked so far.

in PvP

Yasi.9065

Problem is, those 10% have to advance somehow. They cant only advance by fighting each other, that wouldnt re-present a ladder at all. That would split the league in two separate ladders, with lower 90% just grinding it out to legendary. Thats what happened in season one, where you were matched with and against similar mmr.

The only really easy way of solving this that I see… is to not let loosing team loose a pip when they loose closely (at least 350) to a much higher mmr team. To NOT down adjust mmr for that (already done afaik), NOT loose a pip… but break a winning streak.

This way you take away the huge punishment (loosing a pip) while the better team still advances faster. And it gives reason to the underdog team to keep fighting til the end. Thats always really important imo.

Of course, with this people will demand that they dont loose a winning streak also, or that they dont even get matched if theres no chance of even getting to 350… thats the forums

But all in all I think its fair.

50W-0L in Ranked so far.

in PvP

Vorch.2985

Issue is that this is great for the top 10%.
However, for most others stuck in ruby hell, it’s a huge turn off.

Will the changes cause more people to play? Do you want less people playing?

Even if you’re in the top 10% (if only barely) you could still be in sapphire hell. I know people who were ruby and diamond (top1.5%?) who are having trouble in sapphire. I guess it’s a YMMV issue. I topped out at ruby last year so you need to go tighter than 10%.

When you get two thieves and a warrior on your team though and face off against lots of primordial legends you know the matchmaker hates your guts.

Hey, where did you get your rank?

I’ve been using www.gw2pvp.de and my api to determine how i’ve been doing.

50W-0L in Ranked so far.

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

It’s from when the leaderboard was previously up.