Rerroll.9083

any dev post

Attachments:

Up Rerroll

8 days without

in PvP

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

Busy making pve content and designing horrible gear sets to try and sell them to us on TP

8 days without

in PvP

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

Clearly we scared Allie off when her last off hand sarcastic remark was met with 2.5 pages of people telling her how wrong she was.

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

8 days without

in PvP

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

The lack of communication is literally going to be what causes the death of pvp in this game.

8 days without

in PvP

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

kitten ed if they do and kitten ed if they don’t. The point being saying something pretty much gives the same reaction as saying nothing.

Personally, I think it better if they said nothing if they have nothing to say. Than to talk for the sake of talking.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

8 days without

in PvP

Posted by: Zinwrath.2049

Zinwrath.2049

https://www.everquestnext.com/ check out the round table as well as the active tweet system….. seems like other games are realizing how being completely unappreciative of their communities or vocal with them has bad results.

Heres another example http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/devtracker.php?g=Riot

a game that is an e-sport that has their developers debate and discuss the state of the game and what direction they are going on an hourly basis as well as just meeting up and starting games with the community.

You guys started being a LITTLE bit more transparent and talkative for awhile….but I guess arenanet has strict policies about not doing that….or something. I just know the excuse you guys used for months “oh we’re just too busy to talk to you ..but don’t worry we’re reading!!! (and apparently ignoring cause we don’t put in any of the changes you want or explain why we break things and put in things you hate without asking you!)” …was just not cool, and frankly…its no wonder I have 5-10 minute ques that result with an afker frequently …resulting in me having to sit and wait for a hopeless match to end so I can wait another 5-10 minutes.

I’m not gonna say things aren’t salvageable, you got HUGE competition coming up soon as two mmo’s are boasting pvp out the door with features you just recently (and or stil haven’t) put in…. Hope for your sake and your fans you follow suite soon.

8 days without

in PvP

Posted by: Alkaholic.3875

Alkaholic.3875

What a whiny bunch of entitled kittens.

8 days without

in PvP

Posted by: TGSlasher.1458

TGSlasher.1458

Ever think that maybe Allie went on a holiday or has real life issues and the other devs are busy working on the patch. You know because people live in the real world no to just pleasure you. If the PvP co-ordinator is on holidays / real life issues then you could expect there to be a drop in dev posts.

Slasher Sladorian – Charr Warrior – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Sladorian – Charr Ranger – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Of Elements – Human Elementalist – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows

8 days without

in PvP

Posted by: dreztina.4820

dreztina.4820

What would be the point? The pvp devs aren’t doing anything, what would they talk about?

Out of Attunement – D/D Ele
Maguuma

8 days without

in PvP

Zinwrath.2049

Except not.

MMO’s are essentially business’s. The moment you paid 60 dollars for it, you earned the right to complain.

If you go to a restaurant that promises a great experience with exceptional customer service so you decide to go out and buy a meal there. but when you get there the woman taking your order never speaks to you and just nods and walks away….and then you wait forever to get your food and when she comes back with it, it isn’t what you asked for. So you tell her and she leaves ..you wait and wait and when she finally returns 30 minutes later she has something else that is closer to what you ordered…but still not right, it doesn’t taste as good at the meal you got at the restaurant across the road where the server actually listened to you and worked with you to get you what you wanted. So you pay the 60 dollars and go on yelp feeling disappointed and right a bad review complaining.

does that make you an entitled kitten? Absolutely, entitled you are, and kitten you shall.

8 days without

in PvP

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

Except not.

MMO’s are essentially business’s. The moment you paid 60 dollars for it, you earned the right to complain.

If you go to a restaurant that promises a great experience with exceptional customer service so you decide to go out and buy a meal there. but when you get there the woman taking your order never speaks to you and just nods and walks away….and then you wait forever to get your food and when she comes back with it, it isn’t what you asked for. So you tell her and she leaves ..you wait and wait and when she finally returns 30 minutes later she has something else that is closer to what you ordered…but still not right, it doesn’t taste as good at the meal you got at the restaurant across the road where the server actually listened to you and worked with you to get you what you wanted. So you pay the 60 dollars and go on yelp feeling disappointed and right a bad review complaining.

does that make you an entitled kitten? Absolutely, entitled you are, and kitten you shall.

I think part of the problem is we’re one of the most fickle, unpleasable, disrespectful forum communities I’ve ever seen. I get the feeling they pay more attention to things like reddit then they do to here because of that. Also I surmise they’re getting ready for the big patch on Tuesday and don’t have the time to try to communicate with the feral beast that is this community.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

8 days without

in PvP

Posted by: garethh.3518

garethh.3518

The lack of communication is literally going to be what causes the death of pvp in this game.

To put it bluntly… no one seriously gives a kitten about communication.
If a game is worth playing no one goes on the forums expecting devs to talk out each and every aspect of their patch notes and hopes for the future…
It doesn’t matter at all.

GW2 is a terribly made game.
The devs telling the population their patch notes and what they are playtesting won’t change the fact that they are terrible at making a game engaging to play.
Tossing the devs for new ones seems more like what you are looking for, ones that actually scout out future changes from the forums, talk out their changes over the forums and enact the patches in a timely and quality manner… something the current devs are utterly incapable of doing.

Anyways, people who enjoy a game don’t give a kitten about the forums… the forums are NEVER a make or break deal for a game… at best they are a moral cushion that can keep people hanging on to a game for a lil bit longer…

(edited by garethh.3518)

8 days without

in PvP

Zinwrath.2049

Except not.

I think part of the problem is we’re one of the most fickle, unpleasable, disrespectful forum communities I’ve ever seen. I get the feeling they pay more attention to things like reddit then they do to here because of that. Also I surmise they’re getting ready for the big patch on Tuesday and don’t have the time to try to communicate with the feral beast that is this community.

I question if you’ve EVER played another game with pvp….. forums are always full of upset. If you look at league, you’ll see a nice mixture of happy posts or constructive…not because the community just HAPPENS to be less “fickle, unpleasant..yadda” but because their voices are being heard, and the devs are quick to communicate intelligent reasoning to why something is the way it is, or even engage in a debate with the community on what might make them happy…and most importantly, those games are simply better developed. Use the link I posted earlier with LoL and scan back, you’ll find where a dev responded over 40 times to forum goers on how a champion should be best remade to fit the desires of the player base due to the champion being unpopular and toxic to the game. You don’t have that here, and thus the community is more enraged….also i play a lot of AAA games with huge communities and are already successful in the esport world…..so generally those games just have better support, which is a huge issue with this games SPVP mode.

In the end, its not the community…its the community in reaction to the developments team.

8 days without

in PvP

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

Except not.

I question if you’ve EVER played another game with pvp….. forums are always full of upset. If you look at league, you’ll see a nice mixture of happy posts or constructive…not because the community just HAPPENS to be less “fickle, unpleasant..yadda” but because their voices are being heard, and the devs are quick to communicate intelligent reasoning to why something is the way it is, or even engage in a debate with the community on what might make them happy…and most importantly, those games are simply better developed. Use the link I posted earlier with LoL and scan back, you’ll find where a dev responded over 40 times to forum goers on how a champion should be best remade to fit the desires of the player base due to the champion being unpopular and toxic to the game. You don’t have that here, and thus the community is more enraged….also i play a lot of AAA games with huge communities and are already successful in the esport world…..so generally those games just have better support, which is a huge issue with this games SPVP mode.

In the end, its not the community…its the community in reaction to the developments team.

I’ve seen devs get in depth here. I see people everywhere else but this board having a much more positive view of the game overall (My guildies are currently giddy as kids on christmas eve). I’ve also seen the devs contact one of my guildies directly offering him coding to help him with his complete DE map. I get a snicker whenever I bring up these forums to people who know of them.
All that makes me question the quality of the crowd I see here.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

8 days without

in PvP

Posted by: Derps.7421

Derps.7421

they don’t give too kittens about us. They already have our money and this game doesnt have a monthly sub. Their is no pressure on them to do anything.

Dr. Professor Evil – Engi
Stunned Girls Can’t Say No <Hawt>

8 days without

in PvP

Posted by: Gandarel.5091

Gandarel.5091

Actually, more. Allie is a community manager, the last message we got from a developer was maybe 1 month ago.

Captain Deutschland, Ozzy The Insane, Hanz Limbchewer – r40+ mes/nec/engi Desolation
Fear The Crazy [Huns]

8 days without

in PvP

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

its alive?

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

8 days without

in PvP

Posted by: Conan.8046

Conan.8046

8 days is not long.

8 days without

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

haha someone else has been counting

No it’s not long, if you look at other games the devs have actually spoiled us with attention, maybe they’re slowly weening us off it?

This is really the worst time to do it though as the discontent is like.. the worst it’s ever been… PVP forum has always been filled with tears though.. so maybe not ?:/

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

8 days without

in PvP

Posted by: Baldric.6781

Baldric.6781

Well they posted more, and what they said, well, showed a lack of game understanding, so i think it’s better if they stop posting. It’s less harmfull.

8 days without

in PvP

Posted by: hash.6287

hash.6287

Ever think that maybe Allie went on a holiday or has real life issues and the other devs are busy working on the patch. You know because people live in the real world no to just pleasure you. If the PvP co-ordinator is on holidays / real life issues then you could expect there to be a drop in dev posts.

Excuses everywhere. Do they work for free? Is Arena Net a small and poor company? I don’t think so.

8 days without

in PvP

Posted by: Conan.8046

Conan.8046

Excuses everywhere. Do they work for free? Is Arena Net a small and poor company? I don’t think so.

You sound very ungrateful for the work they put in for us and the feedback we get is vastly more than 90% of games. You want to bring money into this? when was you last subscription payment?

8 days without

in PvP

Posted by: Poplolita.2638

Poplolita.2638

Having real life is now considered an excuse?

8 days without

in PvP

Posted by: garethh.3518

garethh.3518

You sound very ungrateful for the work they put in for us and the feedback we get is vastly more than 90% of games. You want to bring money into this? when was you last subscription payment?

You do have to understand.
This game was hyped as the biggest esports game.
Anet completely and totally whiffed when it came to that.

People get kitten ed when you deceive them (intentionally or not), especially to the extent of ‘the quality of your entire game’…
It causes allot of people to be kitten ed at the guys so bag on the guys at every opportunity.

Are the devs putting their best foot forward to help the problem… probably.
Should they be MMO devs if these are the results… definitely not.

Giving feedback and putting in effort is one thing, its like getting brownie points from your players.
Brownie points won’t make or break a population… the quality of your game will… that’s what people stick around for, a game worth playing, and tragically (it truly is) that’s what the Anet devs aren’t delivering.

(edited by garethh.3518)

8 days without

in PvP

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

You’re an abusive Alkaholic. Maybe meeting would help.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

8 days without

in PvP

Posted by: Niebelheim.6041

Niebelheim.6041

Next time my boss asks me why i haven’t done anything this week i’m gonna tell him i was busy with real life.

Some people talk as if devs were doing this out of charity…

8 days without

in PvP

Posted by: Poplolita.2638

Poplolita.2638

Next time my boss asks me why i haven’t done anything this week i’m gonna tell him i was busy with real life.

Some people talk as if devs were doing this out of charity…

This is out of context. Here: "Ever think that maybe Allie went on a holiday or has real life issues and the other devs are busy working on the patch. "

8 days without

in PvP

Darnis.4056

Welp the dev tracker seems to suggest that all the forums get posted in except this one…

Still I’m pretty sure it’s because the PVP community is toxic and saying anything here is just going to get 100 kittenpost replies to dig through…

8 days without

in PvP

Posted by: Allie Murdock

Allie Murdock

Community Coordinator

Hi.

Still here, sort of. My family is in town and the fact is, my mother is quite demanding of my time (sorry if you’re reading this mum, I loves you).

The invitational is tomorrow. After that, I’ll be able to spend a bit more time on the forums. Also, I’ll talk to some devs about getting on here. Keep in mind though, any time that they spend posting on the forums takes away from the time that they are implementing. More posting = less features.

Hug it out

8 days without

in PvP

Posted by: Gandarel.5091

Gandarel.5091

If only the PvP blogpost about the second half of 2013 acutally contained anything about the second half of 2013, we wouldn’t be so concerned :P

Btw have fun there Allie!

Captain Deutschland, Ozzy The Insane, Hanz Limbchewer – r40+ mes/nec/engi Desolation
Fear The Crazy [Huns]

8 days without

in PvP

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

All their work ends up in a mess, as the actual meta clearly shows. However, if they would actually listen to certain ppl in this forum, they would have half the work to do. Instead they ignore this forum and try to create their own game, realizing after some weeks that they made it even worse.

More posting = less features ? Which features? Good joke on that

Read It Backwards [BooN]

8 days without

in PvP

Posted by: saVdoom.2067

saVdoom.2067

More posting = less features.

Exactly what we need. The latest features and balancing completely broke the game.

More listening (as in communicating over all with the community, which also requires posting) = better balancing, which will eventually lead to better features.

(edited by saVdoom.2067)

8 days without

in PvP

hash.6287

You do have to understand.
This game was hyped as the biggest esports game.
Anet completely and totally whiffed when it came to that.

People get kitten ed when you deceive them (intentionally or not), especially to the extent of ‘the quality of your entire game’…
It causes allot of people to be kitten ed at the guys so bag on the guys at every opportunity.

Are the devs putting their best foot forward to help the problem… probably.
Should they be MMO devs if these are the results… definitely not.

Giving feedback and putting in effort is one thing, its like getting brownie points from your players.
Brownie points won’t make or break a population… the quality of your game will… that’s what people stick around for, a game worth playing, that’s what the Anet devs aren’t good at supplying.

^This

I am not talking about Allie Murdock or other Devs. I am talking about ANet. Stream about crafting stuff(oh man shinies) had 8k viewers. Stream about pvp in peak has 400-500 viewers and can’t get partnership.

Section about pvp on the forum in my country is dead. Most of Guild Wars 1 players from my country left Guild Wars 2. Most of my friends sold it.

Guild Wars 2 could have awesome pvp scene. Could have…

8 days without

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.5027

Pyriall.5027

Hug it out

With the lack of features currently, you would think the developers were here posting every second of every day. Hug…denied.

8 days without

in PvP

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

I checked the german side of forums a month ago and it was dead lol.

Tbh at the pace Anet puts out pvp features I don’t think anyone is really going to notice the time difference in your output frequency as a result of spending 5-10 mins on posting. “Instead of waiting 5 months for this, you’ll have to wait 5 months and one hour.”

However I don’t really care if the devs post anymore tbh. Not to knock Sharp or Peters but outside of Evan nothing really seems to be said of immediate worth. Typically with Evan it’s “Im on it, someone is on it, ideally next patch, not our jurisdiction” and done. If it’s from someone else your pretty much gaining nothing outside of “feels” because (I reason) they are restricted from speaking about the things you really want to hear from them.

Outside of Evan dev response isn’t worth much outside of a blue moon and a it’s not uncommon to see things go in a different way to how they alluded it would so might as well just let them throw out their results instead of posting. Would rather devs speed up frequency of updates (and I mean speed up, it’s been traditionally slow) than talk all the time. Not that they couldn’t manage both, but if you’re going to only do one, then speed up this slow pace.

The great forum duppy.

(edited by ensoriki.5789)

8 days without

in PvP

Posted by: hrkljus.1243

hrkljus.1243

Hi.

Still here, sort of. My family is in town and the fact is, my mother is quite demanding of my time (sorry if you’re reading this mum, I loves you).

The invitational is tomorrow. After that, I’ll be able to spend a bit more time on the forums. Also, I’ll talk to some devs about getting on here. Keep in mind though, any time that they spend posting on the forums takes away from the time that they are implementing. More posting = less features.

Hug it out

Keep in mind Allie, there should be a balance here. It’s much easier to wait 1 month for a feature if you know it’s coming, then 2 weeks if you don’t know when it will come.

I’m sure taking 15 min off work won’t hit their productivity so much, yet those 15 min will take them far on the forums.

<3

Piken Square

8 days without

in PvP

Posted by: Lachanche.6859

Lachanche.6859

aww i can’ t stay mad at ellie, her replies are so cute and fuzzy just like my char plush !

8 days without

in PvP

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

aww i can’ t stay mad at ellie, her replies are so cute and fuzzy just like my char plush !

If I could backstab someone randomly it’d probably be you. Allrdy exercised on char plushs

Read It Backwards [BooN]

8 days without

in PvP

Posted by: EoNxBoNx.9213

EoNxBoNx.9213

. More posting = less features.

This would not be a problem if the developers would be more transparent, or even open-minded about giving a test server. That way there could be more transparency.

We could know, what is on the “horizon”, or what is coming “soon”, and most of the posts from QA can be delivered directly to the devs from having the test servers own forum. Just ideas, but you saying this, means this game really needs this so the devs can work, and forums moderators can reply to forums threads, and relay information same with QA.

“You’re either a Noob or a Pro your entire life, that’s life”
IGN – Kinjax // World – Anvil Rock
IGN – InTheseDays // World – Anvil Rock

8 days without

in PvP

Posted by: Tellah.8073

Tellah.8073

i dont think pvprs realize how whiney and eternally unsatisfied they really are. i mean how eager would you be to cater to a group of people who nonstop demands changes with angry bitter posts and attacks developers with scathing mean-spirited criticism on a daily basis cause you paid 60 bucks 10 months ago.

every time a patch comes out, with or without devs posting on forums, the pvp forums are flooded with angry qq tantrum posts that get 300 replies of i quit, fire the devs, devs are this devs are that, etc, without an ounce of gratitude, and you expect them to want to pour more of their valuable time into this aspect of the game which doesnt even generate revenue?

seriously its like an audience demanding angrily that a musician create better songs, and every time the musician creates something the audience erupts in boos and throws trakitten him, and then demands he go back and do it again, and this is supposed to go on for years cause they paid for a ticket one time.

8 days without

in PvP

Posted by: dreztina.4820

dreztina.4820

seriously its like an audience demanding angrily that a musician create better songs, and every time the musician creates something the audience erupts in boos and throws trakitten him, and then demands he go back and do it again, and this is supposed to go on for years cause they paid for a ticket one time.

Maybe the musician should stop making crappy songs then.

Out of Attunement – D/D Ele
Maguuma

8 days without

in PvP

Darnis.4056

Hi.

Hug it out

Could we maybe get a sneak peak of something that’s being worked on ?:)))

Pvp locker update? Salvage Revamp? New skins introduced? Tournament Que Sounds?

8 days without

in PvP

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

Hi.

Hug it out

Awesome thanks. Please please please don’t let the hating put you guys off, it’s incredibly important for you guys to be vocal with us.

It’s probably the greatest thing about Riot and it does wonders. And even as some Riot employees would put it, gamers getting frustrated on the forums just shows they’re passionate about the game, which is a good thing.

If the devs can be transparent and open with the pvp community they can go about salvaging the game and making it even better much faster.

Even if you have to pick someone from the pool of top pvp’ers to help be your voice.

(edited by Knote.2904)

8 days without

in PvP

Posted by: Tellah.8073

Tellah.8073

maybe the audience should stop demanding the perfect song that will leave them in a state of bliss for all eternity, and perhaps realize that they themselves are not musicians and do not understand how complex the process is, and that the musician can only do so much with the time and resources allotted to him

and i wouldnt expect the musician to be eager to make better music cause all the audience does is trash him no matter what he does

8 days without

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

i dont think pvprs realize how whiney and eternally unsatisfied they really are. i mean how eager would you be to cater to a group of people who nonstop demands changes with angry bitter posts and attacks developers with scathing mean-spirited criticism on a daily basis cause you paid 60 bucks 10 months ago.

every time a patch comes out, with or without devs posting on forums, the pvp forums are flooded with angry qq tantrum posts that get 300 replies of i quit, fire the devs, devs are this devs are that, etc, without an ounce of gratitude, and you expect them to want to pour more of their valuable time into this aspect of the game which doesnt even generate revenue?

I agree with this to a certain extend. We all know the meta right now isn’t great, but the devs obviously know this and are working on it. From what I’ve seen the PvP team is very small, and they are dealing with pax atm too. So they can’t be here post every day.

Plus when they do post, half the posts directed towards them are flame and troll posts. I wouldn’t want to post here either. Very few people here actually post constructive criticism.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

8 days without

in PvP

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

Here is my theory why the devs don’t talk to us more:

1. They think we’re all idiots, or
  2. They also agree there are fundamental problems with the game that prevent pvp from ever really being good, and they have already discussed this internally and they were given the decision from higher ups that the changes that needed to be made were not compatible with the vision for gw2, and so they’d have to make do with what they had. If they start talking with us they will have to start agreeing, and then we ask “well why don’t you do it?” and they will have to keep saying that things are out of their control and that makes them look bad, makes the company bad, makes the game look bad, so they either voluntarily don’t speak to avoid this situation, or their management has told them not to speak.

8 days without

in PvP

Zinwrath.2049

Hi.

Hug it out

I’m sorry, posting = less features? It takes what 10 seconds to 5 minutes to write a reply? And are we to assume all devs who speak on the forums are doing coding? I’m not sure how else that would slow it down.

Also, Riot employees respond every evening after work hours. Are arenanet employees just not as passionate about the game they work on to take a little of their time after work to discuss it with their fans?

Sorry, but the excuse of posting taking away coding is basicly saying “I think your all idiots”. Because we would have to be to believe that.

Any better excuse you can use?

8 days without

in PvP

Posted by: Niebelheim.6041

Niebelheim.6041

maybe the audience should stop demanding the perfect song that will leave them in a state of bliss for all eternity, and perhaps realize that they themselves are not musicians and do not understand how complex the process is, and that the musician can only do so much with the time and resources allotted to him

and i wouldnt expect the musician to be eager to make better music cause all the audience does is trash him no matter what he does

As long as the musician wants to live from his music then yes, he is expected to create something the audience likes.

This is a business. Anet needs players to be happy if they want to keep making a profit out of this game. Whoever thinks the only income Anet made from this game is the initial 60 bucks is just plain ignorant.

8 days without

in PvP

hash.6287

^

Anet main target is PVE and it is fact so… they don’t need to change PVP in fast pace. I would like to know how many players play spvp.

8 days without

in PvP

Posted by: coronaas.4362

coronaas.4362

>havent had a dev post in over a week

that’s cute try the dungeon forums

The Big Bad Behr – Death and Taxes [DnT]
http://www.twitch.tv/coronaas