Heapheaus.5238

No
/15charecters

A Simple Yes or No From the Spvp Community

in PvP

Posted by: pullnointer.1476

pullnointer.1476

No.

There should be multiple game modes all with thier respective leaderboards and you let the community decide which one is the preferred competitive mode.

As much as some minority is out there that dislikes it, I think a 3v3 or 4v4 team death match would emerge as the most played and most competitive mode. Let the player see decide, but you need to have options on the table first.

this, tho the population is kinda low at this point for that

ps. no

in PvP

Posted by: Apparition.1576

Apparition.1576

The population is low because sPv kitten traight garbage. It’s a pity it took them so long to make that trash. I could go back to Guild Wars 1 arenas right now and still have a much better time.

One day.. all of you shall submit to the Flame Legion…. to me… I AM BLADABOS

in PvP

Posted by: Apparition.1576

Apparition.1576

lol @ auto editor ^^

One day.. all of you shall submit to the Flame Legion…. to me… I AM BLADABOS

in PvP

Posted by: Theplayboy.6417

Theplayboy.6417

Bring back HA and GvG. Keep conquest for devs and the handful of current players that enjoy it.

in PvP

Posted by: Phadde.7362

Phadde.7362

No

But why “replace”? Conquest is good, it just shouldn’t be the main game mode. Who wants a game mode that’s mostly about roaming and little about PvP combat?

Vote for/against <dueling>: http://strawpoll.me/1650018/
Cred to Latinkuro
Gw2 is a masterpiece at it’s foundation. Content-wise however…

in PvP

Posted by: PowerBottom.5796

PowerBottom.5796

Horribly misworded and confusing question bro. ^^’

You can probably throw the gathered Answers right out the window cuz nobody really understood what you’ve meant.

IMHO, there needs to be a certain change in the Game-Mode, because 5v5 Conquest just doesn’t fully use GW2’s potential as a competetive Game:

1) Too many 1v1’s or other small engagements, which are less balanced, more “rock-paper-scissor”, require less skill than teamfights, restrict the possibility of different builds too much and are just less fun.

2) The heavy focus on Conquest also restricts how you plan your strategy and how you approach a game, favouring certain compositions heavily. In GW1, especially in GvG, there were tons of ways and playstyles to win the game (Teamfights, Splitting up to raid the base, drawing out a game to “Victory or Death”, win with superior Movement around the Map etc.) In PvP as it is now in GW2, the secondary Objectives aren’t important enough to allow for such diverse strategies.

3) The more I play GW2, the more I feel that maybe 5v5 isn’t the best format either, I’d probably like 6v6 a bit more (on the current Maps) and I could even envision 8v8 working great with other Game-Modes like GvG. Just imagine how Support-builds could actually become played much more in just 6v6, how much more teamfight-oriented the game would be, how ppl could focus more on secondary Objectives and how Tanks would become less of a Problem.

Yes I know, ANet said multiple times that there are reasons why they chose the conquest-mode and it wasn’t a bad choice and the execution of the Idea of conquest was better than I’ve ever seen in other games like GW2. But the Mode still needs to be reworked a bit and they need to think about other Modes and let the Public decide and test out the stuff. ANet can’t possibly know how the Modes will play out unless they test it on a larger scale.
Sure, they need to distinguish between Ideas that probably won’t work and Ideas that could work, but simply stating that Conquest is the only thing that can work is very likely too rigorous.

TLDR: The Current System won’t work for the future as it is now. They need to play around with different Ideas like more important secondary Objectives, making PvP 6v6 etc. and in the far future, we definitely need sth. like GvG. GvG is just one of the best game-modes I’ve ever played and I can definitely see ways of making the mode work in GW2 with slight changes from what it was in GW1.

in PvP

Posted by: mongolianmisfit.8350

mongolianmisfit.8350

No.

in PvP

Posted by: Khyber.2693

Khyber.2693

Would enjoy other game modes.

Tdm would be fun, I would suggest CTF but we all know how broken mesmers would be in that :/ King of the hill would be cool.

in PvP

Posted by: Raptured.9307

Raptured.9307

No, but only for “competitive pvp” – it should be conquest. However there should be other game modes in spvp for sure.

Rank 37 spvp, dungeon master
[HL] Deadly Protection @ Sanctum of Culling

in PvP

Posted by: Errant Venture.9371

Errant Venture.9371

No.

A single game mechanic makes the metagame boring and forces players into bunker setups with every team playing nearly identical builds and tactics. Introducing a variety of maps with a variety of maps would force players to become innovative and would diversify the meta immensely. Tl;dr bring on CTf, moba, and base defense, the game needs more variety!

The Battle Bakery [vPie]