A plea to Theives...

A plea to Theives...

in PvP

Posted by: WereDragon.6083

WereDragon.6083

Guys, please, for the love of all that is holy, you have /one/ job in the current meta. That job is not “Jump into the teamfight and get AoE’ed down within seconds.” Like 4 separate thieves on my team today believed.

No you guys are the gods of Decap and Gank. Your job is to go to their home point and make sure it /stops/ giving the enemy team points. When they send someone back to recap it you obliterate them in a 1v1 on the road.

Now I know there are some classes, that even in a 1v1 you guys will have trouble with. So you know what you do? Let them run back far, recap it and when they go to rejoin the teamfight you decap it again. You guys have the potential to single handedly turn a game around or secure a victory, please use it. >.<

This frustrated post brought to you by a necro who went through four seperate losses today were the four seperate thieves he ran with easily fed 30+ points to the enemy team, gave free rezes to their downed and denied us a +1 anywhere for the 15 second respawn.

What do we say to the god of death? Not Today….
Eleshod|80 Thief|Tarnished Coast
Malsavias|80 Necromancer| Tarnished Coast

A plea to Theives...

in PvP

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

You do know that a thief can’t 1v1 any class in this meta with exception to a Reaper with hardly any life-force

A plea to Theives...

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Thief should almost never 1 v 1. They’re there to get to a 1 v 1 or 2 v 2 and 1 it just long enough to make sure their teammate wins, then do the same somewhere else.

A plea to Theives...

in PvP

Azukas.1426

You do know that a thief can’t 1v1 any class in this meta with exception to a Reaper with hardly any life-force

Learn to play.

I did b/c Anet gave me portal and moa. You didn’t and had to leave yet another team over comp dispute

Let’s contribute to thread ok

A plea to Theives...

in PvP

Posted by: Narcarsis.5739

Narcarsis.5739

If you want to contribute don’t give people false advice based on your own ineptitude ^^

A plea to Theives...

in PvP

Posted by: Hansen.3264

Hansen.3264

This is copy Paste from other post but really good#

Roleplay: you are a thief
1: Is your team clearly superior? You got the eles? the scrappers? They have a warrior? They have been carried by mmr and are now facing the cold reality of a fitting opponent? You got carried by mmr and still are??-If yes: proceed to 2?-If no: proceed to 4
2:Is your team able to work with a thief on it? Do they know how to rotate and when not to rotate? Do they know you dont have to go support the thief if the thief flees from far? Do they know you have to hold out if you want a +1??-If yes: proceed to 3?-If no:proceed to 6
3: You won. Be it you or your team, you did it. No wait. it wasnt your team. Obviously not. Your awesome skills of running around saved the match. You should go to the thief forums and tell everyone their class doesnt suck. Yeah! Thats what you should do.
4:Is your team clearly inferior? You got close and when you prepare to move in for mid they are all dead? A dh sits on far the entire match and they still loose the teamfight??-If yes: proceed to 5?-If no, proceed to 6
5:You lost. Nothing more you can do about it. They will probably blame you, rightfully or not. ‘If only you had rerolled’ they say. ‘You are there to save our kitten if we mess up a 1v1, where were you? Deffing close? A thief shouldnt do that. I dont care if you were successful. You should have rotated more. Rotated where? We all died before you got there? Yes. Because we had a thief that is!’
6:Are you the best player in the match? Can you skip 2 enemies on one point for minutes? Can you 1v1 the easier classes like necro? Can you deny a cap and still escape alive? Can you down and stomp an opponent before they are done cleaving your teammate? Can you travel from close to far in seconds and undetected??-If yes: proceed to 7?-If no: proceed to 8
7: Are you making one vital mistake or miscalculation? Are you +1ing the fight that would have been won without you whilst anotherone dies? Are you decapping far when you should have saved close? Have you been wasting you dodges and yre now downed by a 10% health revenant? Have you retreated 2 seconds too late and now lie bleeding out in a critical moment of the game??-If yes: proceed to 9?-If no: proceed to 3
8:Are you putting your all into it, are tryhard and move at least twice as much as anyone else??-If yes: proceed to 7?-If no: proceed to 5 (edit)
9:Is anyone in your team getting upset, starting to put all blame on you and trying to tell you what to do, based on what they see on the minimap? ‘Thief dont close’ ‘Why the hell is thief not on close?’ ‘Why is thief deffing close? Go far!’ ‘Why is thief skipping at mid where we all just died, thief should be far’ (note: all of this has actually been said to me in a single match and with a lot more insults)?-If yes: proceed to 3?-If no: proceed to 10
10: Stalemate. Youve screwed up and you cant afford it. But if your team stays focussed and doesnt throw the game because you ‘cant win with a thief’ you might still have a chance.
I had a lot of fun writing this. I hope you realise its satire and not salt. ^^
(edited about 13 hours ago by Asrat.2645)

Hope its ok i uses it Asrat

A plea to Theives...

in PvP

Azukas.1426

If you want to contribute don’t give people false advice based on your own ineptitude ^^

Trying too hard since last thread. Already we see everyone already telling him what I said.

Have a nice day

A plea to Theives...

in PvP

Posted by: Asrat.2645

Asrat.2645

This is copy Paste from other post but really good#

Hope its ok i uses it Asrat

Np. Nice to hear someone liked it.

A plea to Theives...

in PvP

Posted by: BeepBoopBop.5403

BeepBoopBop.5403

Learn to play.

Caed, you’re a great player and all but it would be hard to find a player that disagrees with Azukas’ statement. Maybe it’s because the rest of us aren’t as good as you, but for the general population at large, it is a true statement.

Koolgai Smurf – Thief | Dazin U – Mesmer | Whats Healing Power – Ranger|
I Bought Hot – Revenant | [QQ]

A plea to Theives...

in PvP

Posted by: R O C.6574

R O C.6574

Not true. So not true. Don’t turn this into another thief hate thread. If you don’t believe me, we can duel it out.

So many evades, so much burst. Just call me the bunker buster.

A plea to Theives...

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

A plea to teammates of the thief: don’t yell “OMG thief why u no decapp nab” when you keep charging far and bring enemy there all the time.

Learn to play.

Caed, you’re a great player and all but it would be hard to find a player that disagrees with Azukas’ statement. Maybe it’s because the rest of us aren’t as good as you, but for the general population at large, it is a true statement.

The rest of the thieves don’t have top players to play with. Every time i turned Caed’s stream on all i saw was him camping downstate and his lovely teammates always power rezzing him.

As far as 1v1 goes, given same skill level chances that thief would win 1v1 vs things like scrapper/rev and co. are very low. And even if thief does win 1v1 it just takes too long and is extremely ineffective in real matches.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

(edited by Cynz.9437)

A plea to Theives...

in PvP

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

Anet, could you please stop this nonsense by balancing your game?

I’m sick of the daily “THIEF ADVISE” threads written by noobs who think they can tell a thief how to play because they’re really good in this faceroll meta – slowclap

A plea to Theives...

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

A plea to teammates of the thief: don’t yell “OMG thief why u no decapp nab” when you keep charging far and bring enemy there all the time.

Learn to play.

The rest of the thieves don’t have top players to play with. Every time i turned Caed’s stream on all i saw was him camping downstate and his lovely teammates always power rezzing him.

As far as 1v1 goes, given same skill level chances that thief would win 1v1 vs things like scrapper/rev and co. are very low. And even if thief does win 1v1 it just takes too long and is extremely ineffective in real matches.

this made me lol.

Camping downstate could be the role of a thief.

A plea to Theives...

in PvP

Posted by: Shadow.1345

Shadow.1345

This, so much this.

If you have a thief don’t try to play 3 points. Let the thief handle the third point. The enemy team doesn’t really need to have all 5 go back home so they can leave one mid that can handle a thief in a fight. With most maps, particularly Forest they can respawn and go back into the fight if they get killed.

A plea to Theives...

in PvP

Posted by: OptimusSwag.9736

OptimusSwag.9736

More people should really try a proper condi thief.
It hard counters necros and revs. Beats power thieves and wars. Can beat druid as long as they don’t have traited gylphs. 50/50 against mesmers. Additionally, you can fight in team fights much better than power thieves.

A plea to Theives...

in PvP

Posted by: princode.2750

princode.2750

Accept it thief is already out of meta
maybe pro thief can tell me what role does thief fit into a team:
1. decap ? memser can do better then thief because of portal
2. going far and winning 1v1. No most of the time they lose but memser can win almost any 1v1 with double moa
3. Team fight thief just melt 2 fast
or what else can they do maybe farm downstate and go around saying I got the higher score ya i’m OP =). Well at least your useless counterpart war do better in 1v1 then a thief

A plea to Theives...

in PvP

Posted by: Aenesthesia.1697

Aenesthesia.1697

I’m sick of the daily “THIEF ADVISE” threads written by noobs who think they can tell a thief how to play because they’re really good in this faceroll meta – slowclap

the problem is not the balance.

It’s that 9 out of 10 thieves don’t know how to play. How do i know this? because 1 out of 10 thieves completely destroys my necro. Of the rest, 1 tries but ends up fleeing, 8 die.

while i do a decent necro, i am not even close to great, so if regular thieves cannot kill a decent necro with no life force, chances are they cannot kill anything. The fact that some thieves not only can kill, but completely destroy me, means the average thieve sucks.

A plea to Theives...

in PvP

Posted by: Zilvereen.2091

Zilvereen.2091

We shall do as we please. We dont take orders from necros.

#teefpride

A plea to Theives...

in PvP

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

thieves are no longer a +1 in a fight….. and are instead a huge liability.

Stick to decapping far, please.

…and for the love of god learn to play another class if there is already another thief on the team.

There’s no acceptable reason to have more than one on a team.

A plea to Theives...

in PvP

Jana.6831

It’s that 9 out of 10 thieves don’t know how to play. How do i know this? because 1 out of 10 thieves completely destroys my necro. Of the rest, 1 tries but ends up fleeing, 8 die.

while i do a decent necro, i am not even close to great, so if regular thieves cannot kill a decent necro with no life force, chances are they cannot kill anything. The fact that some thieves not only can kill, but completely destroy me, means the average thieve sucks.

play this game for a bit longer and then come again =)

A plea to Theives...

in PvP

princode.2750

=) since all the thief thinks that their class is ok and OP…guys just fulfill their wish and say THIEF IS FREAKING OP THEY NEED A NERF. Thanks thief for never admitting your class is weak so anet will never buff thief and I hope thief will forever stay at the bottom opps sorry its stay on top

A plea to Theives...

in PvP

Posted by: Hmmmmmmmmmmnmnmz.9623

Hmmmmmmmmmmnmnmz.9623

Guys, please, for the love of all that is holy, you have /one/ job in the current meta. That job is not “Jump into the teamfight and get AoE’ed down within seconds.” Like 4 separate thieves on my team today believed.

No you guys are the gods of Decap and Gank. Your job is to go to their home point and make sure it /stops/ giving the enemy team points. When they send someone back to recap it you obliterate them in a 1v1 on the road.

Now I know there are some classes, that even in a 1v1 you guys will have trouble with. So you know what you do? Let them run back far, recap it and when they go to rejoin the teamfight you decap it again. You guys have the potential to single handedly turn a game around or secure a victory, please use it. >.<

This frustrated post brought to you by a necro who went through four seperate losses today were the four seperate thieves he ran with easily fed 30+ points to the enemy team, gave free rezes to their downed and denied us a +1 anywhere for the 15 second respawn.

This is how I get to legendary with ~15 matches of winstreak through diamond division. Playing Shadow Trap s/d build and focusing on super fast decapper and being untouchable in fights. Shadow Trap is buggy, yes, but by the time you’ll learn how and where it works and for me, that did result very sick decaps and baits. Sometime theres an enemy player who gets what you doing, but its not that common and usually mesmer with portal is too slow to notice.

Edit. This also requires you to tell your team that this is how you gonna play, and leave decaps at far to you, because somebody else at far doing your job will leave mid/close to trouble .

A plea to Theives...

in PvP

princode.2750

This is how I get to legendary with ~15 matches of winstreak through diamond division. Playing Shadow Trap s/d build and focusing on super fast decapper and being untouchable in fights. Shadow Trap is buggy, yes, but by the time you’ll learn how and where it works and for me, that did result very sick decaps and baits. Sometime theres an enemy player who gets what you doing, but its not that common and usually mesmer with portal is too slow to notice.

=) I already say thief is OP they dun need buff but a nerf

A plea to Theives...

in PvP

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

What did I just read?

First you say ‘balance is not the problem’. Then you say ‘1/10 thieves wins against me on necro, and i’m only decent’. This proves that balance IS the problem… No, the 9 other thieves do not suck. The 1 thief that beats you is the exception. Thief class is just not as viable as the other classes.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

A plea to Theives...

in PvP

Posted by: Nocta.5274

Nocta.5274

Arenanet is just scared ( for right reasons IMO ) because the difference between a great thief and a good thief is 10 times the gap as the difference between a good of X class and a great of X class.

If you make Thief good enoguh for the average player to use it, then you make great thieves literally unstoppable.

Characters :
Nooctae ( Thief ) / Encelya ( Engineer ) / Jane Crimson ( Elementalist ) / Kowywr ( Revenant )
Europe, Vizunah.

A plea to Theives...

in PvP

Posted by: PowerBottom.5796

PowerBottom.5796

Simple rule to follow if you are a Thief that is accurate in more situations than not, is:

If you stay somewhere longer than 10 seconds, you’re doing it wrong.

A plea to Theives...

in PvP

Shadow.1345

We shall do as we please. We dont take orders from necros.

#teefpride

Bad thief spotted.

A plea to Theives...

in PvP

Shadow.1345

=) since all the thief thinks that their class is ok and OP…guys just fulfill their wish and say THIEF IS FREAKING OP THEY NEED A NERF. Thanks thief for never admitting your class is weak so anet will never buff thief and I hope thief will forever stay at the bottom opps sorry its stay on top

You should write up a post about thieves needing a nerf and see how many thieves rush out to cry for buffs.

A plea to Theives...

in PvP

Posted by: Urejt.5648

Urejt.5648

Staff thief with paladin amul wins every duel exept dp thief and condi mes, but it takes time due to medicore dmg but huge sustain

Yo Hooj Jest Pole

A plea to Theives...

in PvP

Asrat.2645

Staff thief with paladin amul wins every duel exept dp thief and condi mes, but it takes time due to medicore dmg but huge sustain

And guardians and a half-decent rev and engis that can autoattack.
And probably some druids too. And a good elemntalist you wont kill, only survive.
I play that build a lot. Its better for dueling than most builds, and yes: I can win a lot of fights with it…but only as long as Im the better player.
That is pretty much what thief has become: You can make the class work as long as you are the most supreme entity on the playing filed. In that case you mightevenmaybe win duels.

A plea to Theives...

in PvP

Posted by: Prince Vingador.8067

Prince Vingador.8067

just had 2 games in a row with 2 thieves, in each game , 500-50 500-90
they spent whole game insta dying im serious, they died every 30 seconds more or less, the two of them.
its just impossible to play like this.
then ofc they come to the forum and ask for buffs , when in reality they just bad , was so upset i stoped playing .

A plea to Theives...

in PvP

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

Accept it thief is already out of meta
maybe pro thief can tell me what role does thief fit into a team:
1. decap ? memser can do better then thief because of portal
2. going far and winning 1v1. No most of the time they lose but memser can win almost any 1v1 with double moa
3. Team fight thief just melt 2 fast
or what else can they do maybe farm downstate and go around saying I got the higher score ya i’m OP =). Well at least your useless counterpart war do better in 1v1 then a thief

Carry from amber to diamond, because you can be in every fight to make sure nobody kittens up, and you basically kill druids/DH/revs/thieves in seconds if they don’t have enough awareness (and they don’t in scrub leagues).

After that, well, it’s not that great, but it can be if the other team has more than one necro (which is really common in soloq these days).

A plea to Theives...

in PvP

Posted by: BeepBoopBop.5403

BeepBoopBop.5403

Lol @ all the people saying thieves are fine, most of them are just bad. Do you even hear yourselves? What if a year ago all the thief mains said “necro is fine, most necros are just bad”? I don’t think thief is as underpowered as some make it out to be, but get real if you honestly think you can generalize the majority of a population as being “bad” rather than looking at class balance.

Koolgai Smurf – Thief | Dazin U – Mesmer | Whats Healing Power – Ranger|
I Bought Hot – Revenant | [QQ]

A plea to Theives...

in PvP

Sorel.4870

but get real if you honestly think you can generalize the majority of a population as being “bad” rather than looking at class balance.

It depends. I main thief and I think they are two sides of the problem.

Yes, you see a lot of bad thieves, more than bad necros for example, because the role you fill is different from every other profession, and is in a way counter-intuitive: it is a class that does not fight in equal numbers in an MMO.

On the other hand, some skills and effects make it impossible for thieves to really work: nightmare runes, perma protection, bulk gyro, frost aura, weakness, etc. These things need nerfs, as well as a lot of hard hitting skills without any animation or skills with evade frames (their number at least tripled since HoT). Once those are nerfed however, thief will probably need some tuning down as well, given that it is quite strong even in the current meta, if you compare it to warrior or any of the base professions.

I’ve been playing thief this entire season, and it works. Yes, you need to put a bit of extra work, but honestly it has a lot going for it.

A plea to Theives...

in PvP

Prince Vingador.8067

Lol @ all the people saying thieves are fine, most of them are just bad. Do you even hear yourselves? What if a year ago all the thief mains said “necro is fine, most necros are just bad”? I don’t think thief is as underpowered as some make it out to be, but get real if you honestly think you can generalize the majority of a population as being “bad” rather than looking at class balance.

thieves are fine , problem is they just need more skill to play , i play vs very good thieves that never die, or almost never, (there is only 4- 6 thieves like that)
but all the others insta die all the time , cause they dont know when to leave a fight, they jump in the aoe and die also . If you play good , a thief really is very nice to have with all the mobility an dnice dps , fast decap s + 1 etc etc , but its super rare to find a good thief .
im not gonna lie and say playing thief its easy, but if you can play one then thief is fine , thief cannot afford to do so many mistakes like the other classes thats why we notice a bad thief much faster.
And ofc they perma die and then they come to the forum and cry, do you see any top players that play thief crying? i could name 6 players that play thief and never die in macthes so yes its a l2p issue.

A plea to Theives...

in PvP

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Well if you look at it, there’s scrapper (crazy sustain+decent dps) / reaper (crazy dps/okay sustain) / herald (great dps / very good sustain) way on top. Then there’s tempest who is superior at bunker/selfsustain/support. Then there’s chrono who has portals and double moa (nearly guaranteed 1v1 win). Druid depends on what they run.

Then daredevil, then berserker down at the bottom

The race for ‘worst class’ is definitely between dd and berserker, though I think dd is still better off atm, and can do great things in the right hands/fighting the right classes.

/not even looking at core specs – they are in an even worse state/

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

A plea to Theives...

in PvP

Asrat.2645

thieves are fine , problem is they just need more skill to play , i play vs very good thieves that never die, or almost never, (there is only 4- 6 thieves like that)
but all the others insta die all the time , cause they dont know when to leave a fight, they jump in the aoe and die also . If you play good , a thief really is very nice to have with all the mobility an dnice dps , fast decap s + 1 etc etc , but its super rare to find a good thief .
im not gonna lie and say playing thief its easy, but if you can play one then thief is fine , thief cannot afford to do so many mistakes like the other classes thats why we notice a bad thief much faster.
And ofc they perma die and then they come to the forum and cry, do you see any top players that play thief crying? i could name 6 players that play thief and never die in macthes so yes its a l2p issue.

The main problem is the competition. Thief can be a valuable addition to a team, but not valueable enough to give anything else up for us if you have a choice.
(And ofc it requires the thief to be good and the team to work with the thief, its a lot easier for the faceroll classes)
The other main problem is that a lot of us, like myself are not happy with our current role.
Lets just say I did not choose a class and committed 2k hours time to it, just to be able to run around the map and ‘+1’ the fights of others. Especially not with a class that, by concept, is commited to 1v1 scenarios.
That said being someone who played quite a couple of matches at your side and being ‘one of the thieves who usually dont die’

A plea to Theives...

in PvP

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

try Paladin amulet thieves

A plea to Theives...

in PvP

Sorel.4870

Lets just say I did not choose a class and committed 2k hours time to it, just to be able to run around the map and ‘+1’ the fights of others. Especially not with a class that, by concept, is commited to 1v1 scenarios.

When did you start playing? I started playing pvp in April 2014, and even then, I was told by experienced thieves that our role was not dueling, but +1 and decap points. If you don’t like that role, why don’t you pick one of the six/seven other professions that work exactly like you want the thief to be?

A plea to Theives...

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

When did you start playing? I started playing pvp in April 2014, and even then, I was told by experienced thieves that our role was not dueling, but +1 and decap points. If you don’t like that role, why don’t you pick one of the six/seven other professions that work exactly like you want the thief to be?

That can’t be true. Until celestial became a thing thieves were supposed to go far and win 1v1 fights. This is what i was told by my teams back then. This was my job and i have done it plenty of times. There was time thieves could win 1v1 if they played well. There was time thieves were good at 1v1. Now thief can’t win 1v1 most of the time even if they play well due to powercreep, nerfs for 3 years straight, passives etc. Devs butchered the class thanks to QQs from people that don’t know how to deal with stealth and thanks to revs.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

A plea to Theives...

in PvP

Sorel.4870

That can’t be true. Until celestial became a thing thieves were supposed to go far and win 1v1 fights. This is what i was told by my teams back then. This was my job and i have done it plenty of times. There was time thieves could win 1v1 if they played well. There was time thieves were good at 1v1. Now thief can’t win 1v1 most of the time even if they play well due to powercreep, nerfs for 3 years straight, passives etc. Devs butchered the class thanks to QQs from people that don’t know how to deal with stealth and thanks to revs.

I believe you. April 2014 marked the introduction of the celestial amulet, so I have never known another role. It may explains our divergences in sensibility.

A plea to Theives...

in PvP

Posted by: Noble.2670

Noble.2670

they spent whole game insta dying im serious, they died every 30 seconds more or less, the two of them.
then ofc they come to the forum and ask for buffs , when in reality they just bad , was so upset i stoped playing .

let me just clear this up, first off, i was one of them thiefs, i dont play thief, that was my second game on thief, i was just kitten ing about in unranked, go to ranked if you want to be try hard, also, as i said, i dont main thief therefore i do not come to the forums to ask for buffs..i know im a bad thief, obviously! because i do not play it..

“was so upset i stopped playing” ermm, is that how you remember it? at the start of the game before it had even started, you said you was not going to play because you had two thiefs on your team, you rage quit in true vingador style before the game had even started, and before you knew if we was good thiefs or not, so maybe the fact we was 4v5 because of you.. didn’t help the scores..

Stupid Seven [sM]
my vids: https://tinyurl.com/sevenddelem

A plea to Theives...

in PvP

Posted by: Aenesthesia.1697

Aenesthesia.1697

What did I just read?

First you say ‘balance is not the problem’. Then you say ‘1/10 thieves wins against me on necro, and i’m only decent’. This proves that balance IS the problem… No, the 9 other thieves do not suck. The 1 thief that beats you is the exception. Thief class is just not as viable as the other classes.

thief is not balanced to beat other professions if you don’t play well. It’s balanced to destroy some professions if you play great.

The fact that it has a higher skill floor doesn’t mean it’s unbalanced, the skill ceiling is also higher.

Most of the thieves that complain just don’t know how to play well enough. I’ve seen many thieves carrying their team hard. they are so mobile they can have a big impact in the game, provided they don’t go to die at far at the start and keep dying from there on.

A plea to Theives...

in PvP

princode.2750

to all thief and warrior main:
if you really want anet to buff thief first you must admit thief and war is currently weak and do not play a role in any team but well if you insist to think that thief is ok then good luck to you guys anet will never buff thief. Good luck believing that thief and war is great its op and able to fit a role in spvp

A plea to Theives...

in PvP

Asrat.2645

to all thief and warrior main:
if you really want anet to buff thief first you must admit thief and war is currently weak and do not play a role in any team but well if you insist to think that thief is ok then good luck to you guys anet will never buff thief. Good luck believing that thief and war is great its op and able to fit a role in spvp

Most of us dont want thief to be buffed. Thief is okish. We want all the op kitten to be removed so we can play our class like its supposed to be.
Thief should either be left in its current state, perhaps even nerfed if they do soemthing against the powercreep.
Or it needs a full rework from the ground up to change its role completely.

A plea to Theives...

in PvP

Jana.6831

A plea to Theives...

in PvP

Posted by: Noble.2670

Noble.2670

let me just clear this up, first off, i was one of them thiefs, i dont play thief, that was my second game on thief, i was just kitten ing about in unranked, go to ranked if you want to be try hard, also, as i said, i dont main thief therefore i do not come to the forums to ask for buffs..i know im a bad thief, obviously! because i do not play it..

“was so upset i stopped playing” ermm, is that how you remember it? at the start of the game before it had even started, you said you was not going to play because you had two thiefs on your team, you rage quit in true vingador style before the game had even started, and before you knew if we was good thiefs or not, so maybe the fact we was 4v5 because of you.. didn’t help the scores..

You should be ashame and be banned by now .
i told u i have no problem with thieves in team , the problem is that there is a problem when even before the game, u start to insult me and targeting me , and saying you going to trow the game and die .
i can take soem smack talk but there is some stuff u just dont say to players , and then expect them to carry you .

wait, i didnt insult you before the game, we only started to troll the mighty vingador, after you said " 2 thiefs gg, im not playing" or something along them lines, best thing is, most people know what your like, its not a reputation you can shake XD

look a whole youtube video dedicated to you!

Stupid Seven [sM]
my vids: https://tinyurl.com/sevenddelem

(edited by Noble.2670)

A plea to Theives...

in PvP

Prince Vingador.8067

this will be the last time i reply to such a rude an dpathetic player like u .
now stop lying ok. even before teh game started u said u were going to die over and over in front of my eyes just to kittene me off.
and thats what u did . then yes ofc i akitten because u were dying allll teh time.
maybe tell al the facts next time at least.#
but ofc its easier to blame the prince

A plea to Theives...

in PvP

Posted by: Vague Memory.2817

Vague Memory.2817

There are good, average and bad thieves same as with any class. The good thieves I saw playing regularly before HoT are still the ones that are owning people today. I have a thief I play badly, but it is one of the best classes to get your meta achievement with if you don’t often play anything outside of your main class because you can fill a useful role of decaping and picking off low health players. However to play thief well obviously takes some level dedication.

A plea to Theives...

in PvP

Asrat.2645

As an outside party here:
-Yes, from my experience with vingador he gets overly agitated if someone does not perform well and is easily thrown off by the tiniest mistakes.
-However I have not experienced any unfairness or any wronging.
The times you commented on my playstyle might have not been completely neccessary, but at least it was just and only on mistakes I actually made.
Moste people comment on what they dont understand, you dont.
-If you purposely troll a player (like in the vid) you are no better than any toxic behaviour you wish to ‘punish’. If four people purposely sabaotage your match, it may not be the appropiate action to quit it, but you cant say it ‘happens for no reason’ either.
-I have experienced several times where vingador ‘threatened’ to afk, but Ive never seen him do it. In fact we have turned several losses around because everybody kept playing.
-Its not like only the bad players get raged on. Ive also received several comments telling me I did a good job.

All in all. Whilst the player Prince Vingador has obviously acted toxic several times, he still belongs to a type of toxic players that you can work with: They know what they are doing and they dont say anything unless they have a ‘reason’
In fact this is one of the few toxic player that you can work with and win with.
If you decide to participate in trolling a player to purposely cause toxivity, it is your own kittening fault.
Its about as amazing an idea as loosening gun control to prevent public shootings.