ANET How many more posts do you need?

in PvP

Posted by: jessiestiles.9437

jessiestiles.9437

Most of my games seem to be decided on which team has eles. Why isn’t there any balance updates mid season?

in PvP

Posted by: Wayland.3528

Wayland.3528

Show everyone the MMR numbers then at the end of the match. Show transparency. And what is a significant effect?

What about after the 30th or 40th match of the death spiral? What is the effect then?

Don’t hide the matchmaking and show the MMRs of each team or all your words ring hollow.

in PvP

Posted by: Celine.6857

Celine.6857

I have played many mmos in the past and at least the most successful mmos I have played had incredibly good customer service (even a live support chat which proved to be very helpful) and the connection between players and devs was noticeable not only in the forums but also in the game.

There are always problems (that’s typical), but they are addressed very fast compared to Gw2. And its a shame because GW2 always had the potential to easily become the best mmo of the decade…

I think this is pretty unfair to be honest. I 100% agree this subject needs addressing, but it doens’t mean their customer service is bad. There are 100s of things they are working on and have actively said so, here and elsewhere. Give them a break and stop complaining about what they know is wrong and suggest ways to fix it instead.

No one is ever, EVER going to be 100% happy, no matter what Anet do…

Samantha
Guild: Creators of Destiny Awakening [CDA] Disabled GW2 gamer; love all aspects of GW2!
Champion: Magus, Illusionist, Phantom and Shadow

(edited by Celine.6857)

in PvP

Posted by: EPYON.2731

EPYON.2731

After Play becomes mental patients, and this is my assessment of the S2 league.

in PvP

Posted by: Drakzon.2094

Drakzon.2094

Just my opinion here as I solo que but match making in it’s current state and what we had in season 1 just sucks. Grouping 3-4 of one class on a single team to shorten times is not the answer. Waiting till the end of this season to make adjustments is not the answer either. MMR and Class should not be relevant when combining so many of one class in a match. I would gladly wait additional time for a balanced combination of classes. I would also gladly wait for a solo que verses a 3 -5 man premade against all solos. I would rather spend the same time to fight 5 competitive fights than fight 15 losing fights, at least at the end of the night I could leave knowing I did the best I could do and not feeling cheesed out by an inadequate system.

I normally do not post an opinion here because Reddit is there go to sounding board which I refuse to use but this BS in it’s past design and current just Kitten SUCKS the BIG ONE.

Falls on death ears, but at least I took the time to post. I don’t feel better but hey, that is life

(edited by Drakzon.2094)

in PvP

Posted by: bigmonto.4215

bigmonto.4215

- the MMR of average/bad players shouldn’t be lowered as much when losing against a team of a significantly higher MMR

I can confirm that the Ranked matchmaking system already works this way, and worked this way for Season 1 as well. The matches in which you lose against opponents that are much higher rated than you do not adjust your MMR significantly.

- they need to add a preseason to fill the gap or to place people in the ladder based on the previous season

We are continuing to explore ideas for the upcoming off season period, as well as ways to improve overall match quality for Season 3, as we know that there are frustrations for many players (particularly during the start of the season) with regard to matchmaking for Season 2.

Its not the match making. Its the balance. If you restrict at most 1 necro and 1 ele per game, you will see a lot more enjoyable matches. The fact that a class stacking of 2 or 3 necros can win tell you how oped they are.

in PvP

Posted by: Cyanon.1928

Cyanon.1928

I have played many mmos in the past and at least the most successful mmos I have played had incredibly good customer service (even a live support chat which proved to be very helpful) and the connection between players and devs was noticeable not only in the forums but also in the game.

There are always problems (that’s typical), but they are addressed very fast compared to Gw2. And its a shame because GW2 always had the potential to easily become the best mmo of the decade…

I think this is pretty unfair to be honest. I 100% agree this subject needs addressing, but it doens’t mean their customer service is bad. There are 100s of things they are working on and have actively said so, here and elsewhere. Give them a break and stop complaining about what they know is wrong and suggest ways to fix it instead.

You right, this particular issue with pvp has nothing to do with their cust. service. But this thread was about the lack of vision (bussiness wise) of ANET and i decided to add this post to the thread since their poor customer service is another symptom of that “lack of vision” from some key people inside the company. I just added this as another example… another symptom of the same disease.

Again, fairly speaking I also said, that this game had the potential to be the greatest of the decade… and that is because of many high quality aspects of it. I give them credit for that.

About suggestions, if you read my other posts in this same thread you can find my suggestions.

in PvP

Posted by: Bristingr.5034

Bristingr.5034

Sorry, you’ve already lost me. The wings aren’t worth this god awful game mode anymore. Ever since you required us to use multiple classes, my MMR is pretty much forever screwed, and no amount of playing is ever going to fix it. Going back to EBG in World vs. World and actually have FUN again.

Please, just stop trying with this whole eSports stuff. Games are supposed to be fun, losing 99% of your PvP matches is not.

in PvP

Posted by: pepsis.5384

pepsis.5384

- Premades exploiting/grinding, no skills in solo. Queued vs them x times in a row, the same ones which lead to delusional guys thinking they’re skilled themselves
- GW2 first game where elo boost is being “legalized” (some ppl who are in a division they shouldn’t be)
- Unskilled premades from that same case in your division making you queued vs full premade/3-4 man, gj. Same consequence as first case.
- Anet unable to do changes during a season, only at the end of each one. Forgot ppl are idling.
That’s all there is to it.

P.S: http://img4.hostingpics.net/pics/499309gw085.jpg Grind + Elo boost more pls. I’d like to add that I was being queued 7 times in a row vs the same pres, if that’s not grinding. Either put separate queues Anet or don’t ever put league again.

No Reaper in there some folks would have us believe its the FotM class

in PvP

Posted by: Dolt.2731

Dolt.2731

Regarding their customer service… You haven’t played this game very long have you?

Ebenezer Smee, Ranger SBI

in PvP

Posted by: Sardath.8524

Sardath.8524

Its not the match making. Its the balance. If you restrict at most 1 necro and 1 ele per game, you will see a lot more enjoyable matches. The fact that a class stacking of 2 or 3 necros can win tell you how oped they are.

I agree and in an ideal world we could have this, but unfortunately the queue times would be huge. Already the queue times have increased since the system tries to pair you with similar skilled players and it tries to avoid enemy premades when you’re solo/duo.

Kudos to Anet for this one, while I was solo/duo, I didn’t face one 4 man premade. While I was in a 4 man premade, I encountered mostly full premades, 4 or 3.

in PvP

Posted by: Mysticjedi.6053

Mysticjedi.6053

So what I’m seeing from the dev response is that they recognize things aren’t working that well for season 2, but they don’t plan to do anything for about 10- 12 weeks. Are numbers supporting that people are sticking with pvp? Cause from what I see my queue times are getting longer and longer I don’t think it is because I’m some godly player, I think it is because no one is queuing.

What makes them confident that people will try a season 3?

in PvP

Posted by: Vague Memory.2817

Vague Memory.2817

Unfortunately PvP has now been solely geared towards trying to get people to participate in esports (i.e. play in teams), to make esports faster and more exciting(?), with PvP balance now meaning deliberately “shaking up the meta” by periodically making certain classes stronger and other classes weaker. It is no longer about ensuring the enjoyment of non-esport players (the vast majority), but wasting resources on a niche sub-component in an on-going failed experiment to create a global esports brand that is impossible to achieve under the current strategy.

Whoever is making these terrible decisions needs to go. Accept that nothing is going to change in PvP until this happens. I have rarely seen such self-immolation by a game company before.

in PvP

Posted by: Fivedawgs.4267

Fivedawgs.4267

Unfortunately PvP has now been solely geared towards trying to get people to participate in esports (i.e. play in teams), to make esports faster and more exciting(?), with PvP balance now meaning deliberately “shaking up the meta” by periodically making certain classes stronger and other classes weaker. It is no longer about ensuring the enjoyment of non-esport players (the vast majority), but wasting resources on a niche sub-component in an on-going failed experiment to create a global esports brand that is impossible to achieve under the current strategy.

Whoever is making these terrible decisions needs to go. Accept that nothing is going to change in PvP until this happens. I have rarely seen such self-immolation by a game company before.

I thought Colin already left??? He was the head of the spvp department; I mean, he man-ed up and left, two weeks after this disaster of a MMR we have.

in PvP

Posted by: Vague Memory.2817

Vague Memory.2817

I thought Colin already left??? He was the head of the spvp department; I mean, he man-ed up and left, two weeks after this disaster of a MMR we have.

Dang, I only stopped playing for two weeks. I had no idea he was leaving. Just did some searches and found this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/48zlyd/im_mike_obrien_here_with_gw2_dev_team_ama/

Well we’ll see if this filters through the system, if not then he was not the cause.

in PvP

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

It would be interesting if this led to substantive shifts away from the “PvP balance is God” mentality at ANet, and some genuine PvE-centric mechanics overhauls.

Or at the very least a shift more towards PvP as a “fun” activity that players are meant to “enjoy,” rather than a competitive sporting event.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

in PvP

Posted by: Pakkazull.6894

Pakkazull.6894

It would be interesting if this led to substantive shifts away from the “PvP balance is God” mentality at ANet, and some genuine PvE-centric mechanics overhauls.

Or at the very least a shift more towards PvP as a “fun” activity that players are meant to “enjoy,” rather than a competitive sporting event.

Thing is, “fun” is subjective (which might be why you put the quotes there, I don’t know) and the competitive aspect is, in my opinion, the main reason to enjoy PvP in the first place.

in PvP

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

- the MMR of average/bad players shouldn’t be lowered as much when losing against a team of a significantly higher MMR

I can confirm that the Ranked matchmaking system already works this way, and worked this way for Season 1 as well. The matches in which you lose against opponents that are much higher rated than you do not adjust your MMR significantly.

- they need to add a preseason to fill the gap or to place people in the ladder based on the previous season

We are continuing to explore ideas for the upcoming off season period, as well as ways to improve overall match quality for Season 3, as we know that there are frustrations for many players (particularly during the start of the season) with regard to matchmaking for Season 2.

Erik, thanks for taking the time to join us in this discussion. You have no idea of the peace of mind that bring us the customers that someone is at least trying to address the issues of sPvP season 2.

It occurs to me that ANET could implement a survey system in which players can give feedback from inside the game by completing surveys in exchange of small rewards (this could be a powerful tool for ANET if its well developed).

SURVEY? THAT IS WHAT THE FORUMS ARE FOR.

The problem is they spend too much time and effort on reddit (WHICH IS A THIRD PARTY SITE)

Do you think this forum is an accurate cross section of the entire pvp playerbase?

Reddit which you seem to hate so much gets many more posts and comments than this forum does, regardless of its non-official status. Still Reddit isnt a cross section of the player base in any meaningful survey-able way.

Just look at this thread, people dont even understand the basics of how MMR works when you get match against much higher/lower skill teams and yet I see them griping in thread after thread about how unfair the system is being. As if the system itself is out to get them or something and its not just a lack of player skill.

About the only agreeable thing in this entire thread is that they should show our MMR, to just ourselves, so that people stop crying.

First, this forum is not an accurate cross-section, nor is Reddit. And forums are not good places to take surveys. That’s why I suggested a “set of In-Game occasional small surveys”.

Second, a player used to win 50-60% of soloQ for the last 3 years should not be considered as “relatively unskilled”. We have to be careful with generalization. There is a problem in the matchmaking system and ANET already recognized it.

If you want to keep considering veteran players as unskilled, just because they got stuck in a losing streak for doing their usual soloQ the first couple days/week and now are being teamed with newer non-dedicated, less skilled players and facing higher mmr enemy teams you are not really understanding the implications of this experimental matchmaking system at all.

I am one of those veteran players who had a 50-60% solo q win ratio. At the end of last season I tanked my MMR by playing Thief for the required number of wins and went something like 5-30 overall. Starting this season I had a hard time in Amber and needed to play 30 or so games to get out of it, I WAS NOT one of the people who started on a quick win streak. However, after getting out of amber and continuing to do well my MMR has risen back to where it should be and I have gotten a lot of really solid games.

Basically if after a bunch of games you still find yourself with bad players and blaming the system, its not the system, its you. Again people fail to understand how MMR works in this game or in other games. You keep calling it experimental and pretending that ANet said the whole thing was a dumpster fire but thats not what they said at all. They said “we are looking into it” in response to the criers on the forum. MMR itself is a system that absolutely works and works well in team based games ala LoL, DOTA2, CSGO, all of which are esports and excellent competitive games.

The community here is just too carebear I think. It showed when they released HoT and people claimed the PvE was too hard and it shows now when people just want a glorified reward track and not actual competitive play.

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

It’s easy to call others “carebear” when you’re doing well. At this point I have no chance of getting the legendary pack. I consider 10 game losing streaks “short.” So, the rest of the year’s seasons are meaningless to me.

Sure you can be competitive all you like, but it’s turning a lot of people off to pvp and perhaps to GW2 generally. Lower population means worse matches and a vicious cycle.

I don’t actually think most of the gw2 players want to be ultra competitive. I think it’s a small vocal minority,

Already we’re seeing ESL teams running matches on alts because they can’t get matches. That’s a direct result of the matchmaking and frustrated players.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Cyanon.1928

Regarding their customer service… You haven’t played this game very long have you?

I started playing since release, mostly PvP, WvW. If that’s not long enough for you then I’m not sure whats the purpose of your question.

Btw, I have directly experienced enough situations where I was unsatisfied with the cust. service regardless if they solved or not my particular issue. I have also seen similar experiences happening to several rl friends whom I play with since release.

in PvP

Cyanon.1928

You keep calling it experimental and pretending that ANet said the whole thing was a dumpster fire but thats not what they said at all. They said “we are looking into it” in response to the criers on the forum. MMR itself is a system that absolutely works and works well in team based games ala LoL, DOTA2, CSGO, all of which are esports and excellent competitive games.

Well my friend, you are having a conceptual problem about the MMR…. MMR is not a “system” Its an algorithm part of the current ANET matchmaking system. There are many MMR algorithms (Glicko2 is only one of them). So you cant keep generalizing and cherry-picking other team based games to justify your point.

Aditionally, not all MMR algorithms are similar, not all of them work the same way for all games. There are many other variables that affect the whole matchmaking system its not just MMR…. (wich itself can be used in many different ways). In GW2 particularly, the match-ups consist of 5ppl so EACH player will have a lot of influence in the outcome of the match (1 bad rotation, 1 phone call, 1 afk will significantly affect the match). In that sense, teaming ppl who lost a few matches with new/bad players and matching them up against higher, better, class stacked teams will keep them in a loosing spiral and it will get worst and worst and worst unless they premade…. That right there is the problem because regardless of player skill, new players, bad players and casual experienced players wont see benefit in being req to premade in order to have fun in ranked pvp and they will just get stuck in higher divisions anyway… (as we are seeing this week).

On the other hand, take a look at this and tell me if ANET only said that they “were looking into it” as you mention.

Erick Waananen 3 days ago (Reddit.com Gw2 AMA)
“We are definitely aware that there are some frustrating match-ups being made during this Season’s initial kick off period and we are actively working to improve this for Season 3. "

Hugh Norfolk 3 days ago (Reddit.com GW2 AMA)

When asked about implementing a more fair matchmaking system

“[–]Galandil 3 days ago
Let’s talk about the elephant in the room: PvP season 2 matchmaking.
Will you fix it, removing the stacking algorithm, or change it in some significant way?
Any PvP loving player wants nice matches, not pre-determined stacked matches just for the sake of grinding/climbing useless ladders (like the divisions).
Will you ever bring back a much more fair system like the one in GW1 GvG?

[–]Anet_Hugh 3 points 1 day ago
We have gotten a lot of data on the first 2 weeks of the season and plan on making some changes to address some of the matchmaking pain points you are describing in season 3. We also are looking into improving the initial starting period of league seasons with regards to match quality."

John Corpening 3 days ago AMA (Reddit)

[–]Aggadan 3 days ago
About sPvP, how do you feel about the balance and the impact of engineer/ele/rev still being able to bunker, while the necro do a crazy amount of damage, the warrior can’t be competitive nor the thief or the mesmer? How do you consider the power creep? Is there a team working actively on balance ? How do you feel about the impossibility to play ranked between the pvp season? On a sidenote how do you consider the matchmaking for ranked, are you considering improvement to stop successive lose streak due to high spread of mmr between players in a same team?

[–]JohnCorpening 3 days ago
The team has been evaluating what to do in the off season. We don’t have a firm plan yet but it is something that is being discussed.
Regarding ranked play, it is our highly competitive mode. While everyone can participate in it, you do need to think of it more like a tournament. That said, we are looking at ways to get higher tier players to where they need to be faster. In S2 we added win streaks which our data has shown has helped a lot to achieve this. Again, no solid plans yet but this is something that the team is keeping a close eye on.

Erik Waananen in this very thread
“we know that there are frustrations for MANY players (particularly during the start of the season) with regard to matchmaking for Season 2.”

So, you see my friend, they said a lot more than “We are looking into it” They recognized match ups require better quality and even said they are planning changes to address matchmaking problems……

If you still think based on your anecdotal evidence (from your particular experience) that matchmaking is working good and people are juts bad/unskilled then there’s no point on keep discussing it with u. I’m not here to try to convince you. I only suggest you to be more responsible before generalizing.

Thanks for your feedback and gl.

(edited by Cyanon.1928)

in PvP

Posted by: illo.5106

illo.5106

Please stop with the “XY is OP, kitten…” stuff – it’s so annyoing and pointless. No class is op!

I lost matches with 3 necs/eles in team and won matches against 3eles/necs in their team – so?

If you are fed up with the current MM – get a team! 70 % of my SoloQs suck, 70 % of my team matches are fun and even the other 30 % don’t really suck. Because, surprise surprise, SoloQ is always a lottery and you are always in danger of getting your worst nightmare as mate – or even twice.

And the MM here is as kittenty as in every other online game, because the system can’t judge, how good you are as a team player. Fine for you, if you think, you are / should be leaderboard #3 and you got 4 noobs in your team – you still lose against those other 3, 4 morons playing as a team! That’s no exploit btw…

And there are usually just two kinds of players, who suck at being good team mates – total noobs and total (self-claimed) pro’s.

(edited by illo.5106)

in PvP

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

I picked other 5v5 competitive games… how much more similar to this one do they need to be for you to accept the comparison? No kitten MMR is an algorithm, in fact, dota2 and CSGO both use modified glicko2 themselves so my point is even more valid.

Your quotes all say the same thing, even if you cant read between the lines, they realize that the start of the season has some bugs but they dont mention MMR or ratings in any way. They just acknowledge they should get the higher skill people out even faster than they did this season.

At the end of the day, you and others can keep blaming the system each time you lose, but maybe, just maybe, you will realize that part of the blame is in yourself. I told you before I struggled at the start of the season because I knew my MMR was lower than my skill, instead of coming here to cry I just made sure I played better and now its all good. Amazing how it works like that.

in PvP

Cyanon.1928

I picked other 5v5 competitive games… how much more similar to this one do they need to be for you to accept the comparison? No kitten MMR is an algorithm, in fact, dota2 and CSGO both use modified glicko2 themselves so my point is even more valid.

Your quotes all say the same thing, even if you cant read between the lines, they realize that the start of the season has some bugs but they dont mention MMR or ratings in any way. They just acknowledge they should get the higher skill people out even faster than they did this season.

At the end of the day, you and others can keep blaming the system each time you lose, but maybe, just maybe, you will realize that part of the blame is in yourself. I told you before I struggled at the start of the season because I knew my MMR was lower than my skill, instead of coming here to cry I just made sure I played better and now its all good. Amazing how it works like that.

First, those game despite they are competitive, they are DIFFERENT you cant keep generalizing buddy….. any comparison bringing up different games is invalid because the context is different…. one aspect (MMR algorithm) does not define the fairness… it is much more complex and there are several variables to consider. You seem incapable of understanding it… So I give up trying to explain.

Second, giving feedback in a game’s forum from a player perspective is not crying… again you keep having conceptual problems… yet you keep talking…

Generalizing….. conceptual problems…. every time you write… I don’t blame you… Its not your fault. You just make your points based on the information you have available. As everyone else…..

We are going to have to agree to disagree.

in PvP

Cyanon.1928

At the end of the day, you and others can keep blaming the system each time you lose, but maybe, just maybe, you will realize that part of the blame is in yourself.

Im doing fairly well these days… and my points have nothing to do with my particular experience….. there are a lot of good players pointing out the flaws of the system.

One of the points you keep missing is that player skill has nothing to do with the system design at this point. If you keep thinking that you are then admitting that the system was unfair for the past 3 years and now it is fair….

Either way your argument in favor of mmr keeps being invalid as long as you justify it with player skill….

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

If Daigo were here he’d be able to carry any team with a warrior or thief and soloQ to legend faster than even Helseth. Like Helseth said we should learn how to carry.

Also learn class strength and weaknesses. Rev seems OP until you realize that both utilities and weapons consume energy and has no good heal since facet of light requires being in a damage source while jade daggers relies on doing damage and even then the healing is weak. Druid feels even more OP but due to powercreep doesn’t feel that much so. A good scrapper will stalemate you 1v1 since they have outrageous sustain and I’m still trying to figure out how to beat them effectively with each of my classes (DD,druid, Herald, and tempest, only winning with tempest and druid this season.)

(edited by Agemnon.4608)

in PvP

Cyanon.1928

If Daigo were here he’d be able to carry any team with a warrior or thief and soloQ to legend faster than even Helseth. Like Helseth said we should learn how to carry.

haha!

I agree, maybe we are just bad carriers!

in PvP

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Personally I didn’t stop playing the game because of the matchmaking system.

In PvP there is no more build variety and cheese skill-less builds on terrible player dominate skilled players with interesting builds.

They destroyed my amazing and unique ele quickness-burst-condi-duration build with the new trait system a while back and since then things degenerated into pure bunker kitten. I just don’t see what’s fun about the gameplay of bunkering on points. The fun for me has never been about winning but about the skillful fight experience, something that is just gone since the power/condi creep.

in PvP

Cyanon.1928

Personally I didn’t stop playing the game because of the matchmaking system.

In PvP there is no more build variety and cheese skill-less builds on terrible player dominate skilled players with interesting builds.

Correct, this is another symptom of the problem described in the OP.

in PvP

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

I wanted to give some feedback, glad to see a thread on the actual gw2 forums with a red. (This coming from someone who worked into sapphire and almost done)

Matchmaking is fine (once you play up to your league). But leading up to that, you will have such bad games, most players will want to quit. I did, I was so tired of 37-500, 60-500, etc games. They are beyond boring. Now, I haven’t had a game where the enemy didn’t score at least 200 points, and many 4XX-500 games. The matches have gotten a lot more competitive as I move up the league.

So the problem is the season start. It was terrible, so here are my suggestions:

1) Keep league rewards, but seperate them from divisions. We need a pip based reward track that simply tracks our wins and losses and gives us rewards in the exact same way as now. This goes with part two.

2) Players start next season close to their current division.
Amber -> Amber
Emerald -> Amber
Sapphire -> Emerald
Ruby -> Sapphire
Diamond -> Sapphire
Legend ->Sapphire

This way, players less experienced with pvp will not face anyone in sapphire or above from this season. And players Ruby and above will all start off competing. Since rewards are no longer directly tied to division, players can accrue the same rewards no matterr what division they start in.

For those who haven’t played enough of this season (or those who simply belong in amber/emerald) they will not have to worry about getting steamrolled by legend players who will obviously excel again in the next season. This games pvp comes down the rotations, team plays, good build making, and objectives. All these things carry over (with builds sometimes changing some).

Do not make the same mistake next season and force everyone into Amber. It will put the nail in the coffin. I almost quit before I was out of amber, as I couldn’t take such extreme faceroll.

I hope you are still reading this thread. Also please let us continue to play ranked between seasons. Allowing us to keep our division for matchmaking. (or do the switch early, and allow preseason adjustments to occur.)

Overall, good job with the matchmaking, but please remember we are not robots, and our feelings get affected by playing these games. Playing 10-40 bad games to start enjoying yourself sucks. (and for those in the lower division, almost never since good players may start later in the season in amber and ruin their matches.) Thanks.

(edited by Loboling.5293)

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

haha!

I agree, maybe we are just bad carriers!

Not bad per se but rather not quite good enough? Like on my druid I remember capping a point while three teammates were chasing after a thief and two necroes stormed the point. If I were good enough to beat the necroes we would have held the point for sure but even one good necro can be overwhelming nevermind two.

in PvP

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

So the problem is the season start. It was terrible, so here are my suggestions:

1) Keep league rewards, but seperate them from divisions. We need a pip based reward track that simply tracks our wins and losses and gives us rewards in the exact same way as now. This goes with part two.

Amber -> Amber
Emerald -> Amber
Sapphire -> Emerald
Ruby -> Sapphire
Diamond -> Sapphire
Legend ->Sapphire

This way, players less experienced with pvp will not face anyone in sapphire or above from this season. And players Ruby and above will all start off competing. Since rewards are no longer directly tied to division, players can accrue the same rewards no matterr what division they start in.

For those who haven’t played enough of this season (or those who simply belong in amber/emerald) they will not have to worry about getting steamrolled by legend players who will obviously excel again in the next season. This games pvp comes down the rotations, team plays, good build making, and objectives. All these things carry over (with builds sometimes changing some).

these are good suggestions.

untie legendary acquisition from clearing divisions and move it to a reward track only available during ranked play. make divisions closer to zero sum to differentiate grinders from pros and let divisions better represent skill. soft reset instead of hard reset to prevent massive amounts of early mismatches.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in PvP

Posted by: Matisse.9356

Matisse.9356

The salt this season is fantastic!
Bring it on, so Guilt Wars can expand!

…still waiting for more creative excuses to avoid the reality check many are prone to at the moment, but the mix of blaming Anet, other players or lacking balance are always a nice mix to excuse the lack of self-reflection or personal skill…

in PvP

Celine.6857

Length of time spent playing has nothing to do with it. I have had, personally, excellent customer service from the team in several matters including, linking my GW1 account to replacing missing items, better than I ever expected and if you read all the dev posts, you will see that they are responding when they can. They know there are issues but you all can’t assume they will be fixed overnight. The same complaint is getting boring. THAT is my argument.

They changed some things from S1 which people didn’t like because they couldn’t easily troll their way up the ladder and they know there are still issues with matchmaking, devs have said so on several forum posts. Give them chance, stop complaining and play the game, or something else if you’re that fed up.

@Cyanon – re your reply: indeed, fair enough, I just wanted to add my 2 pennies-worth.

Samantha
Guild: Creators of Destiny Awakening [CDA] Disabled GW2 gamer; love all aspects of GW2!

in PvP

Celine.6857

I wanted to give some feedback, glad to see a thread on the actual gw2 forums with a red. (This coming from someone who worked into sapphire and almost done)

Matchmaking is fine (once you play up to your league). But leading up to that, you will have such bad games, most players will want to quit. I did, I was so tired of 37-500, 60-500, etc games. They are beyond boring. Now, I haven’t had a game where the enemy didn’t score at least 200 points, and many 4XX-500 games. The matches have gotten a lot more competitive as I move up the league.

Amber -> Amber
Emerald -> Amber
Sapphire -> Emerald
Ruby -> Sapphire
Diamond -> Sapphire
Legend ->Sapphire

Thanks.

I could not agree more.

Samantha

in PvP

Ohoni.6057

Thing is, “fun” is subjective (which might be why you put the quotes there, I don’t know) and the competitive aspect is, in my opinion, the main reason to enjoy PvP in the first place.

Yeah, but maybe they should separate the two, let the uber-competitive people play among themselves, without giving any incentive for non-competitive players to ever participate in that sphere (beyond perhaps a small incentive to give it a quick try). And they should not balance the game that everyone else has to play around the needs of those few that truly enjoy the competitive experience. Moves should be balanced around being fun, not around tight PvP requirements.

done by now.”

in PvP

Posted by: Kayberz.5346

Kayberz.5346

Amber -> Amber
Emerald -> Amber
Sapphire -> Emerald
Ruby -> Sapphire
Diamond -> Sapphire
Legend ->Sapphire

Thanks.

I could not agree more.

Only problem with the the whole “putting people in different divisions at the start” is that it would totally screw over anybody trying to get the “cross x league divisions” achievements, you have to cross a division a total of 10 times,

in PvP

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Amber -> Amber
Emerald -> Amber
Sapphire -> Emerald
Ruby -> Sapphire
Diamond -> Sapphire
Legend ->Sapphire

Thanks.

I could not agree more.

Only problem with the the whole “putting people in different divisions at the start” is that it would totally screw over anybody trying to get the “cross x league divisions” achievements, you have to cross a division a total of 10 times,

Yes they would have to rework those achievements. No reason they couldn’t though.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in PvP

Posted by: ZoroDaOtter.3859

ZoroDaOtter.3859

They did talk about PvP in the Reddit AMA a couple of days ago. The primary thing that came out of it is that they are aware of the matchmaking problems and are working on it.

The real question is why are the devs more active on an unofficial board than the official one.

in PvP

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

the AMA already mentioned that they are aware of it but have no intention of improving it for this season, they r only looking at improving it for next season

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in PvP

Posted by: Yasi.9065

Yasi.9065

It is funny how some things get twisted so much.

What they did say was:
-> They are aware that there are some frustrating match-ups during the kick-off of season 2 and they are working on improving it for season 3
Meaning: Avoiding those total blowouts lowest mmr vs. ESL progamers in first few days.

-> MMR is not adjusting down enough when losing from higher rated opponents
This one had even me confused, but if you see it in correlation to new players getting average mmr at start, it starts to make sense.

-> MMR is used for minor matchmaking considerations, but doesn’t really work as a determiner of which division a player technically belongs
Meaning: It is not used for matching teams against each other anymore, and it will probably stay that way.

-> They believe that distinct meta periods is healthy for PvP, but changing the meta too much was frustrating for most players; they are willing to improve the health mid-season, but don’t want to constantly change the meta during a season in general
Meaning: Only absolutely game breaking builds like bunker chrono last season are going to get fixed during season.

in PvP

Posted by: Unfortunately.5940

Unfortunately.5940

I love how there’s a giant patch today and there is NOT. ONE. SINGLE. BYTE. of it that has anything to do with pvp.

/edit: I lie; they removed the “average queue time” notification from pvp. Guess they didn’t want ppl noticing longer queue times due to smaller playerbase.

Differently/Sixtysix Sixes – Fort Aspenwood

(edited by Unfortunately.5940)

in PvP

Ohoni.6057

I love how there’s a giant patch today and there is NOT. ONE. SINGLE. BYTE. of it that has anything to do with pvp.

Nor PvE. It was a big disappointment.

done by now.”

in PvP

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

/edit: I lie; they removed the “average queue time” notification from pvp. Guess they didn’t want ppl noticing longer queue times due to smaller playerbase.

if your a raider todays patch was great, if not. tough. there are new skins you can buy though……

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in PvP

Posted by: Jack Daniels.5270

Jack Daniels.5270

Also on matchmaking most of the times it ends like 3 of x class vs 3 of y class instead of a mix. If people are at the same rank why put 3 thief vs 3 guardians for example instead of mixing them in different teams ?

in PvP

Cyanon.1928

Alright guys, at least now we know that they are listening to us and that they are planning changes.

Lets bring on some constructive suggestions for sPvP so we can be helpful in that process.

I started a new topic for that. Please lets keep it going!

Here’s the link:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Your-Top-5-Suggestions-to-ANET-sPvP/first#post6032112

(edited by Cyanon.1928)